• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Calling out stalking, sugarcoating, and signs of mental issues is frowned upon in some places.

Calling out stalking, sugarcoating, and signs of mental issues is frowned upon in some places.

Can a nigga send a chick he doesn't know a Vita without someone calling for an investigation? Damn.

This sounds like something specific happened. Link? EDIT: Ah, we're still talking about RealGAF in general. Still, I imagine there's some thread that brought this topic on?

The fact Miley Cyrus can be mentioned in the same breathe as twerking is everything that's wrong with EVERYTHING.

These are dark times, brother.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I remember a user got perma banned for ultra simping/trying wayyy to hard to holler in that realGAF thread early last year

Slayven

Don't act like you ain't browsed AM's amazon wishlist.
It's my startpage.
So it seem beyonce cut her hair, cause my tweeter/facebook/insragram is all talking bout it.
Better say it is the best thing ever, or they wilkl get you.
I remember a user got perma banned for ultra simping/trying wayyy to hard to holler in that realGAF thread early last year

That is why you take it to the PMs.

Slayven

Damn that XBox unboxing vid, was someone holding gun on Nelson?

"You best unbxox that shit in a hurry, or shit is going down."

Even the RealGAF thread is dead. It was a fun thing at first, but not even a tenth of the people who were with it in the beginning are still posting in there now.

Slayven

Watching that unboxing It feels like I'm watching a QVC auction but in the same basement as the SAW movies

half expected Jigsaw to come out

Thats what I thought as well
Want to play a game

Smh at the ying yang twins getting a miley lookalike for thier video. Im pretty sure miley would jump in any video just to twerk

She is the first woman of twerking, and invented it.

And the Yin Yang twins? Am I in high school again.

DominoKid

40 percent of white Americans have no friends who belong to a different race

i wonder how many have a friend of another race

About 40 percent of white Americans and about 25 percent of non-white Americans are surrounded exclusively by friends of their own race, according to an ongoing Reuters/Ipsos poll.

The figures highlight how segregated the United States remains in the wake of a debate on race sparked by last month’s acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting of unarmed black Florida teenager Trayvon Martin. President Barack Obama weighed in after the verdict, calling for Americans to do some “soul searching” on whether they harbor racial prejudice.

There are regions and groups where mixing with people of other races is more common, especially in the Hispanic community where only a tenth do not have friends of a different race. About half of Hispanics who have a spouse or partner are in a relationship with non-Hispanics, compared to one tenth of whites and blacks in relationships.

Looking at a broader circle of acquaintances to include coworkers as well as friends and relatives, 30 percent of Americans are not mixing with others of a different race, the poll showed.

theres more in the link

DominoKid

So chances are good that you are that black friend everybody talks about.

i pretty much expect it.

2 NFL buddies call each other Nigger and Cracker. of course it's Detroit Lions.

the article's actually interesting though.

A fascinating story in today's Detroit News about Tony Scheffler and Louis Delmas, friends since college and teammates on the Lions. Like many friends, they have pet names for each other. Unlike many interracial friends, those pet names are racial slurs.

“Hey, cracker,” Delmas often says to Scheffler inside the Lions practice facility.

“How’s my n——-?” Scheffler replies.

“Me and (Scheffler) have a relationship many people do not have — both black and white,” Delmas said. “I look at him like my brother. I love him to death.

“He greets me, ‘What up, n——-?’ But I understand it. So I say, ‘What’s up, cracker?’ But we would never take it outside the building.”

Scheffler knows the history of the word and the sensitivity he must use. He would never call another teammate that. He never calls Delmas the N-word outside the dressing room or in front of his family. They are playful exchanges in meeting rooms and the practice field.

then theres...

But what's great about Terry Foster's story is that it doesn't stop with an anecdote that allows readers to retreat to dogmatic corners. It goes deeper into the racial politics of a locker room that looks very much like a microcosm of the issues at hand: socially and ideologically divided, but focused on keeping the peace above all else.

I spoke to a few players off the record about this issue and they were OK with the Delmas-Scheffler relationship. However, white players said they did not like being called white boy or cracker by black teammates they were not close with. But they believed it is better to remain silent to continue team harmony.

I asked one white player if he really knew his black teammates. He said no.

“Just look in our lunch room,” he said. “Black players are at one table and most of the white players are at other tables.”

There's probably not another industry with comparable proportions of white and black employees working in such close proximity, or with near-identical racial proportions of consumers. This makes the NFL a safe little proving ground for social issues, so stuff like this—even the Riley Cooper controversy—is constructive, even if only to see where the other side stands.

FyreWulff

Where are you likely to sell more though?

Doesn't matter, this one has to be released for free, due to the music rights. I would definitely sell more on Android though.

I'm just going to use this to get the name in people's minds so there's some mindshare going into the remake of it.

harSon

Banned
I don't even know what it's like to have only black friends, jesus. 40% is a lot.

I pretty much exclusively had black friends for much of my childhood, but then again, my neighborhood was 99% black. Unless the demographics of your area push you in that direction, not having friends of a different ethnic background is some morally repugnant shit.

There is some dude trying to sell junk in front of my house. It's technically not my turf because it's across the sidewalk but uh wtf. Bothering people at the bus stop. Struggle yard sale.

Top Bottom