• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

ReiGun

the Smith family reaction was basically how all of Black America reacted.

Rihanna took the cake tho.

ibo4ci2KGsib9e.gif

ReiGun

VMAs told black people to fall all the way the fuck back tonight. We didn't get any awards.

I don't see why this surprises anyone. We are not MTV's target audience. Especially nowadays, when they've abandoned pretty much anyone whose not a teenage white girl.

Gorillaz

VMAs told black people to fall all the way the fuck back tonight. We didn't get any awards.

VMA's always do that. Only a few times they don't is when someone like Kanye drops a crazy album. Yeezus doesn't fit in with MTV's one rap album a year quota

Hiphop Awards is when all that bottled up shit comes out

Furyous

tumblr_ms47rxAiVZ1srrq0ko1_500.png

Good night, GAF

Is the guy she's grinding up against real?

I'm all for Miley's conspiracy to corrupt
the pure white pristine angels of America
through twerking.
She disgusts me personally. I'm appalled that she's the face of this
. This movement needs a Lebron James equivalent.

Spinluck

I watched The Amazing Spider-Man again for the first time since seeing it in the theater last year.. Am I the only one that thinks this movie is utter shite?

I thoroughly disliked this movie. I hated Andrew Garfield, didn't really care for The Lizard either.

One thing I will applaud the movie for, was the high-school fight scene. That scene was great, mostly when Peter was crawling all over The Lizard like an actual spider and webbing him up. But yea.. apart from that it felt like a Disney movie.

I almost walked out the theater during this scene.

Spider-Man is one of my favorite super-hero's too. :(

I liked it!! Has its flaws, but whatever!! To me, this and Spidey 2 are the best Spider-Man movies. With Spidey 2 easily being the best one, and even that movie has annoying inconsistencies and spotty dialogue. SM1 is just good for a laugh now, like watching an old episode of Power Rangers or a new episode of Dexter. I'll skip 3 since that was the absolute worse representation of the character imaginable.

On that note. Breaking Bad may end up being having the best last season for a TV show ever.

DominoKid

Is the guy she's grinding up against real?

I'm all for Miley's conspiracy to corrupt
the pure white pristine angels of America
through twerking.
She disgusts me personally. I'm appalled that she's the face of this
. This movement needs a Lebron James equivalent.

yeah that's Robin Thicke. i bet Paula was dying laughing in the crowd.

Gorillaz

The best part was Robin Thicke was just laying in the cut like "I'm only here for the paycheck I'll let you do your little 'dance'"

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I don't see why this surprises anyone. We are not MTV's target audience. Especially nowadays, when they've abandoned pretty much anyone whose not a teenage white girl.

teenage girls made a full on comeback since the 90s, feels like they're targeted the most more than ever nowadays

ReiGun

teenage girls made a full on comeback since the 90s, feels like they're targeted the most more than ever nowadays
It's crazy to see with MTV tho. The channel was always for teens, but back when I watched regularly, it felt like every teenager, no matter race or gender, had something to like.

Gorillaz

Hart is hit and miss and since we don't have any black comics to be on the front lines he will do...for the next 3ish years.

Also it's funny that BotL is one of the few songs that Kanye can preform at VMA's since half of that other shit wouldn't really...."go well" with MTV

DominoKid

Kevin Hart was just there to kill time. I don't think he had anything planned really.

Hart is hit and miss and since we don't have any black comics to be on the front lines he will do...for the next 3ish years.

Also it's funny that BotL is one of the few songs that Kanye can preform at VMA's since half of that other shit wouldn't really...."go well" with MTV

Send It Up would do well I think. although the MTV crowd would be looking at King L confused as fuck.

They should've let him go all out for BOTL though.

Gorillaz

Kevin Hart was just there to kill time. I don't think he had anything planned really.

Send It Up would do well I think. although the MTV crowd would be looking at King L confused as fuck.

They should've let him go all out for BOTL though.

Yea alot of people were holding back tonight.

I'm salty as fuck that we didn't even get a Daft Punk live performance. This can't be life fam.....

Top Bottom