• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Drake wouldn't even look at her lmao. He was so disappointed in her.
tumblr_ms4cwct0Lu1qkoahto1_500.gif

If only she had listened

927a1c220c8711e3b74e22000a9e07d7_7.jpg

You cats talking about the performances but you aint looking at the thing that stands out the most.

The What the Fuckery of the Night.....
vma-mtv-2013-lil-kim-red-carpet-ap__oPt.jpg

Lil Kim looks like a goddamn Jackson.
Looking like she bout to pop.
She look like she fucking cosplayin as Latoya Jackson.

it got a bad rap because it was a really short rushed season. if it got the same amount of episodes as avatar book 1 it would possibly be better.

i already thought korra was cooler than aang.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I thought Korra was dope aside from the shipping pandering. I feel like it got a bad rap because Korra isn't Aang

Nah, i watched it with an open mind. Same with Aang (i was laaate to that party). It was hella weak i felt. Also fuck shipping pandering. I have to wade through Tumblr on most days dodging graphic depictions of Ezio and Leo together.....

Gorillaz

I liked Korra (character) better then aang off the start because she was ready for shit to get started.

Airbender didn't grow on me at first, I think it was half way through season 1, I think the episode where hey explained Zuko and how he got the scar. Thats when it started to click a little better.

Season 2 was the highlight. Everything just "worked" and the last few episodes in Ba Sing Se was on another level.

Deprive

Korra overall was weak but had some hard parts to it. The office fight and boat scene were probably the highest points of the show.

Deprive

You cats talking about the performances but you aint looking at the thing that stands out the most.

Damn Lil Kim

She shoulda stopped with all the surgery.

J10

Banned

Shrugs. Still would.

PlayDat

I think I'm starting to get where some of the Miley resentment is coming from. When black women are twerking they're hoes. Miley does it and she's "just havin fun." In a perfect world she'd be able to shake her ass with the rest of them no problem, but it kinda sucks that some view it as somehow bringing class to something only sluts were doing before her.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Korra overall was weak but had some hard parts to it. The office fight and boat scene were probably the highest points of the show.

the office fight was legitimately great

Show still felt like they tried to squeeze a season and a half worth of stuff into the last six episodes. The last couple were the worst.

We don't have time to actually develop anything, so here's a giant, unearned exposition dump about the main villain, in which we entirely sidestep the issues we've built the series around! Also let's spend an inordinate amount of time in these action scenes following a character we've never seen before, and just give him the same voice actor as a previous character because we don't have time to develop him either. Also, sucks to be you Korra, you're gonna carry that weight. Oh wait no you're not, we're going to entirely reverse that bad thing that happened literally thirty seconds after we say it'll take time for you to come to terms with it.

Fuuuuck off.

And when the mainstream thinks of "twerking", from now on the image will be of Miley Cyrus.

Miley is to twerking what Bo Derek is to cornrows.

Avatar is good but sokka is a punk bitch. I was more entertained by bolin in korra going by first seasons.

Sokka stay winning. Not many people can say they bashed a Goddess or even Suki. A shame he lost the Meteor Blade but he did learn to become a beast using swords in 1 episode.

The thing is that Sokka fell into the new role given to his character in the 2nd season. Sokka was a whole different character before Jack DeSena and then after that they let Sokka act a fool and become that comedic balance the show would've lacked without that change.

So comparing S1 Sokka to Bolin is Apples & Oranges.

Avatar the last air bender redefined the term Deus ex Machina with that finale.

Korra's bullshit was completely DeM and there was no rhyme or reason to it. It got the job done but it was just sloppy as fuck and I think they know it. They built Amon for greatness and just excused his ass from the table. Shame.

The word is still out on what Aang did to Ozai would even fall under the DeM banner. Going in it was understood he wouldn't kill him unless it came to that but he was able to learn the Reverse Megaman Jutsu and was able to keep his moral center.

The only way to win Avatar is bend something and your last name be Bei Fong. Toph & Lin stay winning. Lin didn't get Tenzin but that may have been for the better because could you imagine how beast their kids would've been. Tenzin stay losing confirmed.

And K.I.M can still get it and Miley should've had some Neckbones, Potatoes & Corn Bread before she went on stage.

I think I'm starting to get where some of the Miley resentment is coming from. When black women are twerking they're hoes. Miley does it and she's "just havin fun." In a perfect world she'd be able to shake her ass with the rest of them no problem, but it kinda sucks that some view it as somehow bringing class to something only sluts were doing before her.

don't hate the playa, hate the game?

Lin and Tenzin would've created Gods

And this is why I think they went the way they did. Their spawn would've broken the universe. The same could be said for Tenzin, Kya & Bumi as well. There are a lot of things dealing with bending and genetics that may never be explained but need some light shed on the subject though.

My brother brought to my attention as to why characters such as these can't bend more than one basic element. In the place of keeping the Avatar special and the cycle I do understand but when the previous Avatar & THE WATERBENDER have children and they can only bend one element that does come off a bit suspect though.

Top Bottom