• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

And this is why I think they went the way they did. Their spawn would've broken the universe. The same could be said for Tenzin, Kya & Bumi as well. There are a lot of things dealing with bending and genetics that may never be explained but need some light shed on the subject though.

My brother brought to my attention as to why characters such as these can't bend more than one basic element. In the place of keeping the Avatar special and the cycle I do understand but when the previous Avatar & THE WATERBENDER have children and they can only bend one element that does come off a bit suspect though.

It's not suspect at all. Think of it like Eye Color. Bending is like a Gene, so it's a crap shoot. That's how benders are born to non-benders and non-benders can be born from benders. Having two benders as parents make it more likely that the child wil be a bender but they'll still only inherit the ability to bend one thing.

Slayven

Bending needs to step up it's game. I want folks to be creating golems and shit.

Crystal from the Inhumans would blow their minds.

Put on my local weather network/news channel.

They showing off the first official Bronycon and interviewing people dressed up as horses :/

why do people do dis

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Slow news day....people have stopped talking about Breaking Bad on my twitter feed and are still discussing pancake ass Miley.

Slow news day....people have stopped talking about Breaking Bad on my twitter feed and are still discussing pancake ass Miley.

My daughter held a moment of silence for Miley. She officially killed any morsels of Hanna Montana that were left last night. On my babies birthday no less.

Village

Bending needs to step up it's game. I want folks to be creating golems and shit.

Crystal from the Inhumans would blow their minds.

Why this isn't already a thing I do not know, it could be easily explained too. " they pumped chi and concentraited"

Also I believe i was just called a " nigger boy" while I was walking down the street today by some old white dude in a chevy.

Why this isn't already a thing I do not know, it could be easily explained too. " they pumped chi and concentraited"

Also I believe i was just called a " nigger boy" while I was walking down the street today by some old white dude in a chevy.

Where do you live?

I'm actually lightweight surprised that's never happened to me, but I'm on the light side, so...

I did get a Calculon-style "WHYYYYYYYYYYY?" a few weeks ago

Village

Where do you live?

I'm actually lightweight surprised that's never happened to me, but I'm on the light side, so...

I did get a Calculon-style "WHYYYYYYYYYYY?" a few weeks ago

I live in waldorf MD. This happened while I was in baltimore. He also called the other black guy ( who honestly looked old and homeless) a " nigger boy" too.

He drove off, the street we were on doesn't get that much traffic at that time of the day and he had no more targets so , he went about his day.

This isn't the first time I am black and Arabic, " sand niggers" "terrorists" stuff like that. When people hear my first or middle name they assume I am some type of Muslim or something.

J10

Banned
tumblr_ms5c4qJ3xj1sdd9yzo1_1280.png

LOL

Yeah, I don't like to use the word "haters", because it's usually the go-to wrod for teenage girls deflecting any and all criticism of their favorite celebrities but...I don't think there's another word for this situation

Straight hater status

Gorillaz

I remember seeing her on the
BET
awards and she was fucking gone. Like her ass looked drunk as hell on the red carpet.

Robin living that good life

Imm0rt4l

1234636_655349494484984_156000888_n.png

welp

Edit: Damn Villiage, sorry to hear that.
that's sad

I've never done any kind of drugs before. I've smoked before sure, but no other kind of recreational drugs. Me and the homie were gonna do shrooms a couple of years ago, and just chill I guess. We called it off, but a mutual friend who wanted to join still wanted to, whereas me and my boy had already opted out for some reason. The 3rd guy got 2 more of our friends to join him and they took the mushrooms in a hotel room for some reason. He was left in the room for a few minutes by himself because the other guys were tripping off the wallpaper designs and wanted to go outside. By the time the two guys reached the bottom floor of the hotel, there was a crowd of people and an ambulance on the way. Dude jumped out of the 12th story hotel window, apparently he had a running start because he hit the parking structure. He should have never been left alone in that hotel room.

It's not suspect at all. Think of it like Eye Color. Bending is like a Gene, so it's a crap shoot. That's how benders are born to non-benders and non-benders can be born from benders. Having two benders as parents make it more likely that the child wil be a bender but they'll still only inherit the ability to bend one thing.

All of this is understood but you'd think by now the show would introduce a character who has an affinity for more than one element. That's the suspect part to me. I'd love to hear the thoughts of the creators on this subject.

The Boondocks Season 4 will be here in January

Fucking finally. Just let it be worth the wait. 2/2 so far on this shit.

All of this is understood but you'd think by now the show would introduce a character who has an affinity for more than one element. That's the suspect part to me. I'd love to hear the thoughts of the creators on this subject.

Such a thing would have to be a crazy leap/mutation in evolution. I mean think about how long bending was around in the world before Earth Benders learned they could also bend Metal? It could happen but I don't think it's odd that it hasn't yet. There's still more Korra to be made so who knows if it will show up at some point.

DominoKid

honestly it never crossed my mind that there would benders doing more than one element. i feel like that goes against the point of the show.

besides firebenders have lightning. waterbenders have bloodbending. earthbenders have metal now.
does airbending have a secondary ability?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The whole point of the show is that there is one "Avatar" who has the capability to learn how to master all four elements. It wouldn't make sense to have the average joe capable of using more than one element.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The whole point of the show is that there is one "Avatar" who has the capability to learn how to master all four elements. It wouldn't make sense to have the average joe capable of using more than one element.

That's not really what we're saying. Bloodlines = power in that universe and Toph/Aang blood is the equivalent of nuclear power

Hey everyone,

Finally back on campus where the only place that I'm 23, but feel like an old man.
I haven't felt as old this time around compared to last year when I thought dubstep was a type of dance and thought ratchet was referring to Ratchet for Ratchet & Clank.

Top Bottom