• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

combo breaker

Black male gaf, weird question. How many of y'all carry around or use wallets?

whenever I'm out in public and people see me pull out my wallet I get that wtf look from everyone.
Funnily enough whenever I'm hanging with my black friends or see my black coworkers they always pull out huge wads of loose cash and pocket crap.

It's just something funny I noticed.

what kind of useless motherfucker runs around with wads of cash and no wallet?

wasn't there an old Chris rock (?) joke about people in the ghetto would have computers, but never a printer because they never had anything worth printing?

running around with no wallet sort of reminds me of that. you might have some cash on you, but no license, no bank cards, no business cards, no health insurance, AAA, etc. a wallet is as vital for me as my Cellphone.

combo breaker

whenever I'm out in public and people see me pull out my wallet I get that wtf look from everyone.
Funnily enough whenever I'm hanging with my black friends or see my black coworkers they always pull out huge wads of loose cash and pocket crap.

I keep it my pocket. Unless im in uniform then I keep it in my breast pocket.

combo breaker

no wallet? who does that!?

i used to carry a ton of cash around, but nowadays i usually have a $20 and whatever change i had from the previous $20

Don't you ever there was a Kfc/popeyes open 24/7? Or I guess a Churches chicken for the real savages
they have good biscuits

I dont know about you all but I cannot imagine NOT carrying a wallet. That shit was like a rite of passage when I hit my formidible years. My first wallet was my stepfathers hand me down that they recovered from the crash site when I was a kid. I rocked that thing until I I got out on my own and bought a leather wallet on my own.

Cool thing is I still got that little rattletrap wallet in my bedside nightstand.

Don't you ever there was a Kfc/popeyes open 24/7? Or I guess a Churches chicken for the real savages
they have good biscuits

when i lived in Bushwick, Brooklyn i was in heaven. Two fine Popeyes restaurants within walking distance, one closed at 2AM, the other closed at 4AM in the summer.

Slayven

It can happen.

6 year later and not one damn check.

Cheerios-girl.jpg

combo breaker

So you're only friends with drug dealers?

DominoKid

combo breaker

I keep my debit card in a rubber band.

#duality

RedSwirl

Aight BCT. I got a week to figure out how I'm gonna get out of here for the weekend.

I live up near DC. Next weekend I think they're celebrating the 100th anniversary of Delta Sigma Theta -- my mom's sorority. For like four days this house is gonna be full of I don't know how many of her line sisters from Arkansas back in the 70's.

Right now I got shit-all to do except play 3DS. If I go to just "hang out" anywhere I'll almost certainly be doing it alone. There are a total of maybe two people I could call up and the chances aren't good on either of them. Even then there ain't much to do other than eat. Outside of that, Pacific Rim might be my only option.

Suggestions?

Slayven

Aight BCT. I got a week to figure out how I'm gonna get out of here for the weekend.

I live up near DC. Next weekend I think they're celebrating the 100th anniversary of Delta Sigma Theta -- my mom's sorority. For like four days this house is gonna be full of I don't know how many of her line sisters from Arkansas back in the 70's.

Right now I got shit-all to do except play 3DS. If I go to just "hang out" anywhere I'll almost certainly be doing it alone. There are a total of maybe two people I could call up and the chances aren't good on either of them. Even then there ain't much to do other than eat. Outside of that, Pacific Rim might be my only option.

Suggestions?

Buy a few tickets and stay there all weekend, it will need the boost.

Suggestions?

Uhhh... hm. Hope they bring their daughters...?

Suggestions?

Mack on some young Deltas

I got a question for my fam.

Nature vs Nurture?

I mean in all relevancy not just the obvious subjects. Whats everyones take? And to pose some talking points Do you think that a human being can be born evil? Do you think a person can rise above their surroundings?

Lets philosophize BCT.
Im curious as to where everyones head at?

And slay come on man we need to support Pacific Rim so it can gateway into other hot shit. Im crunk.

ReiGun

I'm sure soccer is a fun game, but what the fuck is up with its fans? They out here beheading referees.

Nature vs Nurture?

I mean in all relevancy not just the obvious subjects. Whats everyones take? And to pose some talking points Do you think that a human being can be born evil? Do you think a person can rise above their surroundings?

Lets philosophize BCT.

And slay come on man we need to support Pacific Rim so it can gateway into other hot shit. Im crunk.

This is going to seem like such a weak answer, but I've always believed it's a little of both. I believe we're have natural affinities for certain talents and personality traits coded within us, but it would be irresponsible to say that the different traumas and experiences in our lives don't inform who we are.

Rising above your surroundings involves having a natural desire for more, and some kind of experience that tangibly confirms for you that yeah, shit doesn't have to be this way.

I'm sure soccer is a fun game, but what the fuck is up with its fans? They out here beheading referees.

This is going to seem like such a weak answer, but I've always believed it's a little of both. I believe we're have natural affinities for certain talents and personality traits coded within us, but it would be irresponsible to say that the different traumas and experiences in our lives don't inform who we are.

Rising above your surroundings involves having a natural desire for more, and some kind of experience that tangibly confirms for you that yeah, shit doesn't have to be this way.

Nothing weak about that answer. I share those ideals as well. Cmon FAM who else shall answer?

Nature vs Nurture?

Lets philosophize BCT.

Combination. Some people might be more inclined to doing bad stuff and a good stable household can turn that around. A shit one though? =/. Also after watching a bunch of true crime shit, a lot of people turn out fucked from their home life, especially if they were sexually abused as kids.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Do you think that a human being can be born evil? Do you think a person can rise above their surroundings?

I don't think people are born evil but early childhood has a ridiculous amount of influence on shaping a person. To rise up above those influences especially if they are negative takes a near superhuman amount of will though.

Nature vs Nurture?

Lets philosophize BCT.

I'll join the combination contingent. Seems like people are born a certain way but their environment has a big affect on them.

And damn my nigga Silva got humiliated. Scust

Nakazato

Combination. Some people might be more inclined to doing bad stuff and a good stable household can turn that around. A shit one though? =/. Also after watching a bunch of true crime shit, a lot of people turn out fucked from their home life, especially if they were sexually abused as kids.

Sadly my post didnt go through. But you hit the nail on the head.

harSon

Banned

Suggestions?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=615151

Nature vs Nurture?

Lets philosophize BCT.

I'm with the both crowd. Twin studies have shown that a great deal of things come from nature. I can accept that. On the other hand, there's a bunch of other things that come from nurture. While someone may be predisposed to anger quickly, nurture can help to focus or even diminish that predisposition. Things like that.

I believe that just nature or just nurture only presents a partial picture of humanity. That's in part why not all sociopaths kill people. They could, mind you, but how they grow up is a huge part of why they do what they do.

But that's dealing with their actions moreso than their mind... as obviously, there is no known way to cure sociopathy. Upon further thought, my answer should be "it depends," because if you're talking about what makes a person do what they do, nature or nurture, it's both. But what makes a person who they are mentally depends on what condition they're born with.

Actually I think this is all around the same time Evo's happening so maybe I have an excuse to just watch all of that.

I... one of them might be...

I should add then, that a friend of mine knows a good amount of hot girls because of his mother's sorority sisters who brought their daughters around.

'Sides, you'll pretty much be the only other person near their age there. I call it a win.

combo breaker

Always have my wallet, how else am I going to keep my license and endless cards organized. Plus I don't carry cash.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Years of toku watching has made my standards for big mech battle pretty high.

I want that shit to succeed. Robot jox was my first taste into giant robot movies, and damnit, we can do better. And not some damn anime adaptation either.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Suggestions?

How old are you? All the idea I have requires you to basically be 21.

You don't got a lot of time but I know DC is big for embassy parties if your old enough to drink. Just visit their sites and sign up for emails. Somebody will likely be having a party whom I have no idea.

Or day trip it to NYC, or some other nearby city or hotspot. Or when in doubt groupon/livingsocial.com it. I go fishing a lot to avoid people/things and usually you can bring beer on the boat.... Best part when you come back nobody bothers you cause you smell like fish....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know this is a real minor thing, but I thought this was a cool feature for Tearaway

skyarexstudios 10 months ago
What if you're black? Does your finger in-game change?
Reply · 79

MediaMolecule 10 months ago
Yes :)
Reply · 42 in reply to skyarexstudios

Sony doing what Animal Crossing dont

Watching magic videos on Youtube, and in the comments section some guy called "Intellectual Nigger" was explaining how the trick worked. Dunno how I feel about that.

edit: http://utahimes.tumblr.com/pewp
she removed her photos tho. Don't thank me, thank google images.

Bahahahaha! I went back to this page looking for the conversation between esco and I and decided to click on the link.

fuck off u creeps from neogaf i see u on my shit

Lmfao, what happened there?

Amused...until they realise he's raking in close to $6 million a year, excluding endorsements, lol.

Machinima have relaxed their requirements for partnership now. Acifin are best suited to smaller channels. Yeousch is run by a brotha, TGN should be avoided at all costs, and Maker pays the best (but only for their biggest partners)

How do people do the whole Let's Play thing? What's the usual set-up there? I thought I might start off with one.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Bahahahaha! I went back to this page looking for the conversation between esco and I and decided to click on the link.

Lmfao, what happened there?

How do people do the whole Let's Play thing? What's the usual set-up there? I thought I might start off with one.

Called it....

Also I dont feel we've been creepy all we did was share the link to admire her eccentric look. If she cant handle that as someone else said..... get off the internet.

Like my favorite white gurl twerk team took down all there videos (they might of had the best red nose routine on the whole god damn internet smh).... it sucks but I still got my memories and they got their privacy...... with all that said..... maybe I am creepy but who really gives a fuck? At least this isnt brony gaf....

Mr Touche

Banned
what kind of useless motherfucker runs around with wads of cash and no wallet?

wasn't there an old Chris rock (?) joke about people in the ghetto would have computers, but never a printer because they never had anything worth printing?

You're thinking of Samuel Jackson talking to Charlie Murphy's character in the Boondocks about how 2 way pagers don't connect to printers because niggas never got anything to print.

Top Bottom