• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Guys, she stayed the night. Nothing happened because she was too drunk and I am not a rapist. We're seeing each other in a few weeks. She just left.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
ibh0DZCvsdCVQ6.gif

riggs how come you never responded to my post

i know you lurk because i have receipts
Yesssssssssssssssssssss

Welcome back Satch

Just in time for Korra

Man, fuck Korra. I am out of patience with that character.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Oh, and I think one of my coworkers is about to get kicked out for sexual harassment LOL

This girl pulls up last night and he says "That's a nice one right there". She looks at him, then looks back at me. Out of nowhere she just exclaims "What a fucking creeper" then drives off.

We were talking about Mustangs and how everyone here seems to have one. He was talking about her car and now he's screwed lmao
Powers getting ready to combine out this featherduster.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Korra?

The sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender

Htown

Who the fuck hates on Korra after ONE episode? wtf

First of all, it's two episodes. Second of all, it's actually 14 episodes if you count the first season.

Which means it's actually been about 6-7 hours worth of screen time. I think that's more than enough time to establish a character, don't you?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
First of all, it's two episodes. Second of all, it's actually 14 episodes.

Which means it's actually been about 6-7 hours worth of screen time. I think that's more than enough time to establish a character, don't you?

That's more on the writing in general than on one specific character. Korra didn't make the writers pull Deus Ex Machina out the ass or ruin on of the best TV villians we've seen in a while. Its obvious that they'd never adjusted to the pace of a shorter season but that's less on the individual character composition and more on the writers as a whole for dropping the ball in several areas.

Htown

That's more on the writing in general than on one specific character.
And I'm saying the writing makes this specific character look like an unlikeable dumbass asshole that somehow also gets everything handed to her.

Unfortunately, that specific character is also the title character in the show.

I don't want to go into too much more detail here. I made some probably-too-angry posts in the Korra thread about it.

Htown

htown Korra hate is second only to htown vita hate

I don't actually hate the Vita. I just think it's fun to make fun of, and that Sony still doesn't know wtf they're doing in the handheld market.

Vita TV is an interesting idea.

Satch

Banned
What's your opinion of ArchAndroid? Some people like this album more because it's more "cohesive" than ArchAndroid (as in one song not having a completely different sound than the next). Although personally that was something I liked about ArchAndroid/thought she experimented more on that album with her sounds and the robot concept.

i loooooooooove the archandroid because of the variety of the types of sounds she used on the album. i find the latter half to be overall weaker than the first (with the exclusion of babopbyeya), but all of those weaker songs are still great. i really appreciated the storytelling throughout and how that played into the styles of each track

also on the topic of korra: i could have defended her easily in season one for her behavior, but in season two she is absolutely insufferable for the entire duration of the episodes. i dont know how im going to make it through this season dealing with korra and mako getting most of the screentime when i care about asami and the airbabies more than them

Htown

also on the topic of korra: i could have defended her easily in season one for her behavior, but in season two she is absolutely insufferable for the entire duration of the episodes. i dont know how im going to make it through this season dealing with korra and mako getting most of the screentime when i care about asami and the airbabies more than them
The whole airbender family is amazing, isn't it?

Top Bottom