• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

All these race threads, preference threads, lighter skin is preferable in society thread, and interracial threads on GAF are justifiable. However it makes me angry when a white person says we live in a post racial society or that racism doesn't exist when it's blantantly in your face. How come no one wants to talk?

US and the rest of the world clearly has issues still.

Playing TLoU and shit sounded like a jet taking off. I think GTA will be the game that fucks up my ps3 in the end

Yeah that shit straight Phoenix Smashed my PS3. I could only play it 20 minutes at a time before it shut off. Same with Blops 2. It was hard but when I traded her ass in I fucking cried. That was my baby with her upgraded HDD and backwards compatibility....

W72nYXA.jpg

I miss her 600 dollar ass........

Nakazato

My gf is like better keep that shit and I'm like hun this shit almost dead

When TLoU made is hun off I was crying like a bitch. Like my child died.

Onemic

As a black male this interests me...

I have three at home and can't play a bit

My resolution should be to start playing my guitar and drums again. Haven't seriously touched my sticks in almost a year now. feels bad man.

Speaking of bass, I still don't understand the whole stereotype of black people and playing the bass.

FyreWulff

As a black male this interests me...

I have three at home and can't play a bit

I only have one real one. I can play it a bit. Most recent one I've been trying to teach myself is Money by Pink Floyd.

But yeah, I fucking love playing bass in music games. Especially since they mix it up and you can really feel it.

Probably the longest bass-centric song in the game. Bass solo at 4:40 is AWESOME Also has a pro version.

Old video of me playing Pro Bass

Shining Star. Another fav of the funk songs available.

Radar Love is one of my classic rock bass line favorites (youtube deleted my pro bass run on this)

An endurance bass line. and surprise funk line

Obligatory RHCP

The most overplayed bass song in Rock Band.

Also Rocksmith recently added support for bass. You can use your actual bass with this game.

Onemic

I only have one real one. I can play it a bit. Most recent one I've been trying to teach myself is Money by Pink Floyd.

But yeah, I fucking love playing bass in music games. Especially since they mix it up and you can really feel it.

Probably the longest bass-centric song in the game. Bass solo at 4:40 is AWESOME Also has a pro version.

Old video of me playing Pro Bass

Shining Star. Another fav of the funk songs available.

Radar Love is one of my classic rock bass line favorites (youtube deleted my pro bass run on this)

An endurance bass line. and surprise funk line

Obligatory RHCP

The most overplayed bass song in Rock Band.

Also Rocksmith recently added support for bass. You can use your actual bass with this game.

Rocksmith is the truth. I know I'll be using my Jackson again when Rocksmith 2 hits in November. I only wish they add in an online co-op mode.

akira28

I had to disassemble my Xbox and then take the drive apart and clean the dust out. I'm just glad it was dust and not and out of alignment laser array or something. If you have nothing left to lose, open her up. This thing is well out of warranty, and I couldn't see paying or mailing it anywhere.

This last gen was shit for console hardware failures. Everyone I know had a failure of at least one of their consoles.

Speaking of bass, I still don't understand the whole stereotype of black people and playing the bass.

our dark souls are more in tune with the low frequency basal sounds of the Earth. Plus funk and Bootsy.

J10

Banned
Panic Attack on Bass, High Voltage on Drums, Peacemaker on Guitar

Don't Fear The Reaper on drums wears me the fuck out. It's not especially complex, but I sometimes don't have the endurance for that duration and tempo. The song that never ends.

FyreWulff

I had to disassemble my Xbox and then take the drive apart and clean the dust out. I'm just glad it was dust and not and out of alignment laser array or something. If you have nothing left to lose, open her up. This thing is well out of warranty, and I couldn't see paying or mailing it anywhere.

This last gen was shit for console hardware failures. Everyone I know had a failure of at least one of their consoles.

Mailed back 8 or 9 360s. Even had to send back my Halo 3 360.

Will probably get an S when they price drop them to give myself the newest possible console. The new new slim is missing the AV port. Not going to pay the same price for less features.

Don't Fear The Reaper on drums wears me the fuck out. It's not especially complex, but I sometimes don't have the endurance for that duration and tempo. The song that never ends.

Yeah, High Voltage also never ends. Unfortunately my drums are still in Canada
I can't drum roll for shit

RedSwirl

Playing TLoU and shit sounded like a jet taking off. I think GTA will be the game that fucks up my ps3 in the end

Phat PS3? Back that shit up. At least the save files man.

Mine finally went out on me... two years ago? Got it repaired for around $80... after I'd already bought a slim, just so I could get my save files out of there.

I now routinely back up my saves on a USB stick.

The PS3 and 360 are the ONLY game consoles that have gone out on me, and I've kept every single once I've owned since the SNES. The SNES is yellow at the bottom and I gotta reset the clock every time I turn the Dreamcast on, but they boot up.

Phat PS3? Back that shit up. At least the save files man.

Mine finally went out on me... two years ago? Got it repaired for around $80... after I'd already bought a slim, just so I could get my save files out of there.

I now routinely back up my saves on a USB stick.

The PS3 and 360 are the ONLY game consoles that have gone out on me, and I've kept every single once I've owned since the SNES. The SNES is yellow at the bottom and I gotta reset the clock every time I turn the Dreamcast on, but they boot up.

This right here.

My fucking N64 is still kicking. My SNES looks like it was spray painted by Goldmember but the fucker still plays. Hell even my PS1 is still doing things.

RedSwirl

And I am probably just building a new PC this fall if I can help it. I'm not even down for any of this year's "next-gen" games. I wanna check out Black Flag but that's only because no one else is doing an open-world pirate game. Get on that shit Rockstar.

Otherwise I actually plan to use the upgraded PC for a bunch of shit I've been buying these last two years. Dark Souls, Skyrim, Far Cry 3, etc. Next-gen starts when Witcher 3 comes out as far as I'm concerned.

Satch

Banned
thanks for the welcome and no i havent listened to Electric Lady yet

ive heard mixed impressions about it, and a friend said that he had to let it grow on him for him to finally be able to "get" it

#whothehellisthis

#yourmother

Slayven

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81711237&postcount=7710

Is this really spoiler worthy on gaming side? Is that what it's devolved to?
Niggas still out there that think Vader being Luke's father is still a spoiler.
The book of Eli is on TNT now. Not gonna lie, I enjoy watching this movie.
Why?
Y'all see Slayven's dumb ass in OT thinking that twerking didn't just come out last year. Haha!
I see what you did there.

All these race threads, preference threads, lighter skin is preferable in society thread, and interracial threads on GAF are justifiable. However it makes me angry when a white person says we live in a post racial society or that racism doesn't exist when it's blantantly in your face. How come no one wants to talk?

US and the rest of the world clearly has issues still.
Hey Obama's president.

How you doing?

Kreed

thanks for the welcome and no i havent listened to Electric Lady yet

ive heard mixed impressions about it, and a friend said that he had to let it grow on him for him to finally be able to "get" it

What's your opinion of ArchAndroid? Some people like this album more because it's more "cohesive" than ArchAndroid (as in one song not having a completely different sound than the next). Although personally that was something I liked about ArchAndroid/thought she experimented more on that album with her sounds and the robot concept.

Top Bottom