• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Gorillaz

This is an amazing thing to wake up to.

Anywho so far my gripe with GTA is the driving. It just feels.... off.

And yes you can adjust shooting auto aim. Lots of options in this. But I'm enjoying the game so far.
Its arcady.Saints Row like. Ill take it over that sludging through mud water driving that gta 4 was

Shooting and driving combo feels off tho. Drive by shooting is weird

J10

Banned
She mentions guns, alcohol, and video games in the same sentence and homes in on video games as the scary part.

Amazing.

AMAZING.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
In other news....

DpnOwcs.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Not sure if joking....

Why would I be joking? The plotline to get you into the Animus is utterly terrible. If anyone finds that part of AC fascinating, then I don't know what to say.

The real reason anyone (at least in my opinion) should play AC is that the setting they take you to is somewhat interesting and the gameplay has enough elements to make it fun -- AC2 moreso than AC1. Actually, AC1 was kinda garbage on the gameplay front, but that's another argument.

Otherwise, the game is pretty damn bland all around and not all that engrossing. Hence, I feel like it lacks soul.

J10

Banned
Since you've already stated that you'll have no retort, I'll happily state without reason that I love the present day stuff with Desmond in Assassin's Creed. I was bummed that he died and that they weren't building up to a full fledged game with him set in the present.

Since you've already stated that you'll have no retort, I'll happily state without reason that I love the present day stuff with Desmond in Assassin's Creed. I was bummed that he died and that they weren't building up to a full fledged game with him set in the present.

My sentiment also. I especially liked the religious backing of the story personally.

akira28

Did anyone ever do a thread on that Chicago police chief who got put away because for 20 years he had been ordering his officers to torture suspects to get forced confessions out of them? Something like 130+ black men?

Rahm Emmanuel apologized for it a couple days ago, so it was in the news again but I dunno if it ever hit GAF.

Imm0rt4l

Did anyone ever do a thread on that Chicago police chief who got put away because for 20 years he had been ordering his officers to torture suspects to get forced confessions out of them? Something like 130+ black men?

Rahm Emmanuel apologized for it a couple days ago, so it was in the news again but I dunno if it ever hit GAF.

This is news to me

Anything happening with those forced confessions?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
AC1 was really underwhelming. I'll give brotherhood a shot one day since so many say its the best entry, if Pirates Creed disappoints that is.

2 and Brotherhood are both good.

Also, I'm pretty sure Brotherhood won't make any sense unless you play 2 first.

akira28

This is news to me

Anything happening with those forced confessions?

maybe 20 or so people are still in jail, a lot have either been retried and let out, others served most of their sentences and were let out. A few have gotten multi-million dollar settlements, but most are now just free and struggling.

First I heard about this was on Canadian public radio, surprise, surprise. One of the lawyers was advocating for Chicago to start a fund to spend at least as much money helping the victims as they spent trying to clear the chief: $20 million.

This site's a little outdated, but it was all new to me. http://humanrights.uchicago.edu/chicagotorture/
I guess new to anyone who doesn't read the Chicago Tribune.

Slayven

Slay ain't trying taking the L on this one

Dat dedication

You know what. When the stars have gone out in the sky, and the universe shudders in it deathroes, and humankind has long since past into dust. There will still be 1.5 million WII U units in a gamestop warehouse unsold. And I ain't losing to a dude that paid full price for one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The amount of detail in the city you see within the first 'race' in GTA V kind of already has me going, 'Man, Watch Dogs world building is going to be pretty shallow by comparison, isn't it?'

G-Fex

Got a day you prefer to play?

ABetterPlayer769.

I'll keep this in mind. I'm not sure when I'll open it and play it, give you my id after I find out what it was I forgot. I don't know if it's my PSN one which is K0ff1x.

Post em here or via PM. I'm good either way.

Dragonzord, good looking out on that Death protopunk post.

Great thanks.

Would you ever think they'd make another Turok title budgetized ala Blood Dragon or Gunslinger? That'd be cool.

---

So I picked up GTAV, but PSX DOOM and Power Stone will probably take priority over it.

G-Fex

Saw a gorgeous black girl at the mall but its bizarre cause..she had this odd frilly pink dress like out of some moe anime, even her haircut seem anime inspired

still <3

Top Bottom