• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
1. That fucking sucks.
2. Are you okay?
3. What the fuck happen?

1. Yeah
2. Pissed
3. Sorta-slipped off the back of a truck then played it off like a boss today. Felt fine until my back decided to implode.

I was actually halfway into exploring reenlisting (everything over capacity lol) when God gave me a sign in the form of stopfuckingaroundandgetallthedisabilityyoucan.

Haven't been this fucked up since last year.

FyreWulff

It's a strange experience, reading this page and seeing my name brought up so many times. Also seeing GTA 5 posters with my name on it is kind of trippy.

Same here, but also people around you have to do this every time the character with your name is mentioned

1284719828_dramatic-sheep.gif

1. Yeah
2. Pissed
3. Sorta-slipped off the back of a truck then played it off like a boss today. Felt fine until my back decided to implode.

I was actually halfway into exploring reenlisting (everything over capacity lol) when God gave me a sign in the form of stopfuckingaroundandgetallthedisabilityyoucan.

Damn. Ow. ow ow ow ow.

1. Yeah
2. Pissed

You'll be good bro. Us Carolina boys always seem to bounce back at the most inopportune time....I can see it now. Right before you get back 100% ready to take on the world; Beth will come out the woodwork confessing her undying love for you.

Slayven

Get well soon DY.

When you switch characters in GTA, do the other character stay where you left them or they go on and do shit?

When you switch characters in GTA, do the other character stay where you left them or they go on and do shit?

A little cutscene plays when you select them, you never know what's happening. Switch to Michael, he's chillin' in his pool arguing with his cheating wife who's fucking the tennis instructor, switch to Trevor, dude wakes up in a big ass box in the middle of nowhere. It gives the impression that these three characters all have their own lives and doing their own thing away from you. It's great to jump pop in with another character a couple of hours spent with one, kinda like flipping through 3 channels on ya TV. Also, when the mission you ended leaves you a mile out of town, you can switch characters instead of driving all the way back.

I can't imagine them doing the sole protagonist thing for GTAVI, the multiple characters has really added a lot to the pacing of the game.

Slayven

A little cutscene plays when you select them, you never know what's happening. Switch to Michael, he's chillin' in his pool arguing with his cheating wife who's fucking the tennis instructor, switch to Trevor, dude wakes up in a big ass box in the middle of nowhere. It gives the impression that these three characters all have their own lives and doing their own thing away from you. It's great to jump pop in with another character a couple of hours spent with one, kinda like flipping through 3 channels on ya TV. Also, when the mission you ended leaves you a mile out of town, you can switch characters instead of driving all the way back.

I can't imagine them doing the sole protagonist thing for GTAVI, the multiple characters has really added a lot to the pacing of the game.

That is good, even if only it gives the illusion of them doing shit.

Literally just spent 5+ hours in the ER before being seen.

1. Yeah
2. Pissed

You ok? Was there an urgent clinic in your area. You could have went there to save your time and money. If not then that sucks. Plus that bill at the end that they give you..yikes

1. Yeah
2. Pissed

Damn, hope they get you straightened out.

You ok? Was there an urgent clinic in your area. You could have went there to save your time and money. If not then that sucks. Plus that bill at the end that they give you..yikes

He's Military. He's won't have to pay anything.

@Dy I don't know where you're stationed but my wife and I were at Ft. Hood for 6 years and good lord the ER was the worst wait I've ever experienced at a hospital. Minimum 3 hour lobby wait with at least an extra hour wait once you were even put into a room no matter what time or day it is. Shit is rough man.

Nakazato

So.... Phat ps3 Disc drive is #dead

I am #DEAD

ugh

So do I

A) wait for ps4 now (get ps3 repaired at tax time)
B) Send PS3 to Sony have it fixed for 129 (so i can get a phat back)
C) spend a 100 and get a slim back
D) Build new PC and wait off on ps4 till late next year (getting ps3 fixed with this one)

Really need the suggestions

Gorillaz

Depends on how ready you are for next gen. My slim sounds like it might be on its last leg but I'm still going to get it fixed since Im playing gta 5 and will get dark souls 2 in march.

Also sidenote hope you get better Dy

harSon

Banned
1. Yeah
2. Pissed

Damn that's rough. A fucked up back is the worst. As someone with a bad back... I sympathize :( Is this a re-aggravated injury or something new?

Nakazato

Depends on how ready you are for next gen. My slim sounds like it might be on its last leg but I'm still going to get it fixed since Im playing gta 5 and will get dark souls 2 in march.

Also sidenote hope you get better Dy

Pretty Ready. my phat was on its last legs as well. Might just use it for FFXIV Download now. But it was almost dead.

Edit: Damn Dy you got to be careful. Heal up.

So.... Phat ps3 Disc drive is #dead

I am #DEAD

ugh

So do I

A) wait for ps4 now (get ps3 repaired at tax time)
B) Send PS3 to Sony have it fixed for 129 (so i can get a phat back)
C) spend a 100 and get a slim back
D) Build new PC and wait off on ps4 till late next year (getting ps3 fixed with this one)

Really need the suggestions

Wait, did GTAV kill it?

DY, I hope you heal up soon.

Nakazato

Wait, did GTAV kill it?

DY, I hope you heal up soon.

nope went to ready box rented last of us. put the disc in at the last second realized the disc was cracked by the time it was WAY to late and it broke the disc drive.

might just get a pc going to be playing a lot of ffxiv. but then again...

Man i dont know bow i between a rock and a hard place ; ;

The Last of Us stay killin' phat PS3s. I got one of the OG 2006 ones, that mothafucka sounded like a Harrier Jet bout to take off when I was playing that game. Surprisingly, GTAV is actually relatively quiet!

DY_nasty

Thanks guys. I'm good, just moving slow as hell. Didn't even get more than a day off.

nope went to ready box rented last of us. put the disc in at the last second realized the disc was cracked by the time it was WAY to late and it broke the disc drive.

might just get a pc going to be playing a lot of ffxiv. but then again...

Man i dont know bow i between a rock and a hard place ; ;
Damn, man. I'm sorry for your loss...

The Last of Us stay killin' phat PS3s. I got one of the OG 2006 ones, that mothafucka sounded like a Harrier Jet bout to take off when I was playing that game. Surprisingly, GTAV is actually relatively quiet!
Yeah, that's the reason why I asked because I'm considering getting The Last of Us to use on my original phat BC 20 gig PS3. (Upped the HDD to 500GB.)

GTAV runs real quiet on it too, though I fear even trying TLoU because Uncharted 3 multiplayer did cause the PS3 to shutdown once...

DY_nasty

What are some good games for mobile?

Not being able to play FTL on my phone is a crime.

Get well soon DY.

It depends on how much time has passed between the last time you switched.

Brother DY, I know them feels but if its consolation you can get that pay from the military because of the injury. My boy gets paid from headaches that he got after he served overseas.

Is that a shared Facebook page in signature dude's profile?

Someone must have edited that into his e-book copy of The Game. Certainly isn't a part of the game I've ever seen.

Top Bottom