• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
My grandmother died Sunday, but reading through this thread is keeping a smirk on my face. Thanks for the entertainment folks.
Stay strong.

image.php

Thanks people. She was 93 and lived a good long life. Her body just all of a sudden broke down on her the past year and a half. She had to move in with my mom. She never lost her mind and was mentally all there until the end. She was in a mini coma for about a week. Woke up Saturday but couldn't talk. She would try, but mostly just nod or shake her head. Then she slipped away again and passed on Sunday.

G-Fex

Read a Got Damn Book!

InvisibleMan.jpeg

There shouldn't be a ban on classics. I should think about reading it and Dr. Jekyll sometime.
Thanks people. She was 93 and lived a good long life. Her body just all of a sudden broke down on her the past year and a half. She had to move in with my mom. She never lost her mind and was mentally all there until the end. She was in a mini coma for about a week. Woke up Saturday but couldn't talk. She would try, but mostly just nod or shake her head. Then she slipped away again and passed on Sunday.

I hope she went peacefully. Sorry Big.

My condolences, BB

Haha, I figure it'll be worth it enough to get one this holiday. I don't really want a Ps4 until Second Son and FF XV are both available.

Plus I want to try Lost World.

The best buy I work at has only sold 2 of the 8 or so Wind Waker bundles we received. If anything, I'll wait until black friday rolls around to see if they're still worth it.

We also still have the 9 copies of Wonderful LOL too. Nobody bought the damn thing.

G-Fex

So much drama, capcom nerds drama, twitch nerds drama.

The best buy I work at has only sold 2 of the 8 or so Wind Waker bundles we received. If anything, I'll wait until black friday rolls around to see if they're still worth it.

We also still have the 9 copies of Wonderful LOL too. Nobody bought the damn thing.

No I didn't.

Beef pls

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hope it was peaceful, man. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss.

FyreWulff

Why would i help prop up something that took a major L right at the start?

Hell, i won't even get one for Mario Kart anymore.

I like how the real end game is if the PS4 and Bone faceplant, either every publisher is going to have to suck it up and put out games anyway, or just shovel everything back onto the 360/PS3. They don't really have anywhere else to go if their entire hope is the PS4 and Bone somehow ignoring the incoming contraction. But I guess this is what happened when game companies became publically traded. [/rant]

One of the two non-released next gen consoles has a laughable amount of preorders at a major retailer. They better hope people are going to make up for that when they're shopping on Black Friday. Right now, they're under Wii L numbers at that retailer.

Also, my job is over on the 30th. I'm going to apply at some developers of the pacific northwest locality. Shit sucks, but nowhere near losing a grandma. That really sucks Big Baybee, hope you'll be okay once it hits (took me two days after my grandma died)

Onemic

Read a Got Damn Book!

InvisibleMan.jpeg

Nevar.

I know about the book and original 1930's movie. I just don't know what objectionable content could be in either except for the 2000 film.

Damn man. My condolences.

Nevar.

I know about the book and original 1930's movie. I just don't know what objectionable content could be in either except for the 2000 film.

Are you serious right now?

Holy Fuck!!!!!!!

Invisible Man is a novel by Ralph Ellison, published by Random House in 1952. It addresses many of the social and intellectual issues facing African-Americans early in the twentieth century, including black nationalism, the relationship between black identity and Marxism, and the reformist racial policies of Booker T. Washington, as well as issues of individuality and personal identity.

I need a drink!

The 2000 film that shows a girl getting molested by an invisible Kevin Bacon sucking on her nipples?

That's HOLLOW MAN. I remember because my uncle took me, my brother and cousins to it when we were like 8-10. He probably thought it was based on the book too...

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I like how the real end game is if the PS4 and Bone faceplant, either every publisher is going to have to suck it up and put out games anyway, or just shovel everything back onto the 360/PS3. They don't really have anywhere else to go if their entire hope is the PS4 and Bone somehow ignoring the incoming contraction. But I guess this is what happened when game companies became publically traded. [/rant]

One of the two non-released next gen consoles has a laughable amount of preorders at a major retailer. They better hope people are going to make up for that when they're shopping on Black Friday. Right now, they're under Wii L numbers at that retailer.

Also, my job is over on the 30th. I'm going to apply at some developers of the pacific northwest locality. Shit sucks, but nowhere near losing a grandma. That really sucks Big Baybee, hope you'll be okay once it hits (took me two days after my grandma died)

PS360 still got legs. No one in their right mind is ignoring that install base.

Of all the publishers, i believe we supported the Wii L U the most (correct me if i'm wrong). We still do, i just personally ain't buying into that.

And good luck with the search.

Top Bottom