• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Doing VO for internal assets with a scratchy throat. French colleague referred to my voice today as "Esco After Dark". She said it with a huge grin on her face.

I can live with that.

Trey

"You are not a hoe but our queen"
The thrist is strong in this one
Bx0zqPh.jpg

If you are wondering, she posted a video of her playing with her titties and she is bragging about getting a thousand likes in 10 mins.

Let them discover the titty promised land.

Tumblr

He asks Siri for directions and she says "My money is in the purse please don't hurt me."

Walk outside and the street lights come on

Show up at E3 to meet his fans in his Connor cosplay, mothafucka loses half his subscribers instantly

Dude shoots at 'em at night, bullets come back sayin, "man we can't find this nigga"

Slayven

Walk outside and the street lights come on

Show up at E3 to meet his fans in his Connor cosplay, mothafucka loses half his subscribers instantly

Dude shoots at 'em at night, bullets come back sayin, "man we can't find this nigga"

He has to hire white people to hail a cab for him/

I always thought it was an open invitation: "if you want in, talk to Morris" type of deal. You could still get on a future episode if another gets organised. Nobody was really 'included' people just jumped in.

Also I recognize you less around GAF since you ditched your zero punctuation avatar.

DY onemic and Immortal spoke up when we first started talking about it and day of I had forgot and did a first come, first serve and it ended up being those 3 again.

But everyone is welcome. DV, Natural and Satch were some of the few mentioned by name when we finally got things moving.

Fuck.

Man my mom just called me, the family decided that they won't resuscitate my grandmother should she pass. She hasn't been eating for the last 3 weeks and barely drinks water the necessary liquids. To top it off she apparently has Alzheimer and it might be hereditary as her mother had it as well as does her daughter (my mom's mother. I'll explain this below). A few hours ago my aunt Marie called my mom telling her that my grandmother told her she was tired and felt that she was ready to pass on. The doctor is saying that at the rate it's going it's unlikely she'll last another few weeks unless she starts to eat more. I don't know how to feel right now, like I'm not crying (which is strange because my grandmother and I are close) I just feel...blank.

To explain the whole grandmother's daughter/not my mother thing. My "grandmother" the lady in question is actually my great grandmother. She is the one who raised my mother. My actual grandmother (we'll refer to her as Daisy) felt she was unfit to raise a child and wanted to go back to DR and be something she wasn't. So my great-grandmother took custody of my mom and raised her in Charleston. My mom and her mom aren't close for obvious reasons, and as of 1993ish(?) Daisy moved back to the US but even then really didn't try to reach out to my mom; when we would be in the US and would visit my grandmother, if Daisy was around we'd go see her but again the relationship between the two was pretty turbulent, this extended to our (my sister, brother and myself) relationship with Daisy. We always saw her as this crazy lady and really didn't like being around her.

To illustrate how distant we were, in the late 90s my grandmother (great-grandmother)'s mother was still alive (yea, we live a long ass time), and we were much closer to her despite the fact we saw her like once every few years. As of 2004 Daisy developed dementia and could no longer take care of herself, or I should say it made things worse as she already developed medical issues from the lifestyle she led in DR. My grandmother took Daisy in and has been taking care of her since, Daisy's brother lives with my grandmother as he got hooked on drugs early in his life (he's been clean for like 20 years) and as a result he never made anything of himself. When he did try to it ultimately ended up with him neglecting his responsibilities to himself (like paying his bills/showing up to work); as a result my grandmother took him in as well. While my grandmother was raising her daughter (Aunt Marie), son (Mom's uncle who i mentioned earlier) and my mom, she adopted a girl who was abused by her family (This would be Aunt Esmeralda). She did all of that without asking for help or expecting it; I'm not sure how Aunt Esmeralda is taking it since my mom told me she was going to talk to her after she called me, but I imagine it's going to be really hard for her as well.

Just fucked up right now man.

Fuck.

Man my mom just called me, the family decided that they won't resuscitate my grandmother should she pass.

Just fucked up right now man.

Look at it from the other side of the mirror, after 2 heart attacks.. family decided to keep my grandmother on life support, as if it was a "divine sign". She was a vegetable for 3 months with nawing issues until she passed.

It's fucked up bro. but you'll heal.

My grandmother actually requested a DNR as well as a quiet death at home rather than being hooked up to machines at the hospital and forced to stay "alive" despite never getting better.

Yea I'm not getting too down too much at the moment simply because it's not a guarantee, she just needs to eat and regain her health. So I'm hoping she comes around or that could be me being stubborn and refusing to accept it for what it is.

I could see it getting to him, but he got through it. My dad doesn't really like to discuss when he's upset, in fact, he hides it really well. My mom was getting worried about how he was managing to bottle it all up and press forward. He doesn't drink or smoke or anything.

Silver Spring, MD

$3.43

No way.

RedSwirl

Northern Virginia. $3.50 - $3.80

I go down to see my cousins around Memphis a few years ago and they complain about paying around $2.80.

And damn Angelus.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just try and tough it out man... No easy way to deal with that stuff.
You have a guardian angel man.
It's a married woman that I really, really hope is not about to use the shit against me later.

I'm just not used to good things happening for no reason out here.

Just try and tough it out man... No easy way to deal with that stuff.
It's a married woman that I really, really hope is not about to use the shit against me later.

I'm just not used to good things happening for no reason out here.

Married woman?

Dude you need to get out of that job.

DY_nasty

Married woman?

Dude you need to get out of that job.

Yeah. It might just be someone doing nothing other than a good thing, but I'm more than entitled to my paranoia at this point. Either way, I'm extremely grateful for the fact that I still have the option of staying in instead of being shown the door (which I'd really be fine with tbqh).

Yeah. It might just be someone doing nothing other than a good thing, but I'm more than entitled to my paranoia at this point. Either way, I'm extremely grateful for the fact that I still have the option of staying in instead of being shown the door (which I'd really be fine with tbqh).

What's the phrase?

Once is happenstance, twice coincidence and three times enemy action? Enemy action in this case would be getting the fuck out, and I know it's more than three times considering all your army drama.

DY_nasty

ugh
What's the phrase?

Once is happenstance, twice coincidence and three times enemy action? Enemy action in this case would be getting the fuck out, and I know it's more than three times considering all your army drama.

Understand the depth of my fuckedness if this is not a simple a good gesture and sign of rare good luck...

I have no way of knowing if she in any way influenced my chances of leaving this place or getting new assignment. All I can do is be grateful that it was done and that the card is again on the table for me. I have no idea what that card is or if it has been switched though.

I'm not going to act on it, and I let her know that I was more than appreciative of her help given my situation (and her going way above and beyond given my situation), but after 2 years here... I'd be an idiot if I didn't stay on my toes after something like this.

Anyone else ever wish that these threads addressing some problem or someone IRL would turn into the person being talked about showing up and posting?

Top Bottom