• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Slayven

Started from the top, now we here

They need to know their place.

fe523106ee227c8f4aa9e9faccba5271.image.353x500.jpg

Does anybody have any info on how we have progressed with desegregation?

I've read some articles that said its gotten better while others say its more or less just as bad as decades ago because the numbers only look so good because Hispanic and Asian imigrants move into black areas (before soon leaving) instead of blacks moving into different neighborhoods.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I live in North Jersey where this "abuse" happened. It sounds so..............lets just say unique. Didn't want to start raising questions in there but yeah its seems off.

i really wanted to know because everytime a minority claims racism, theres always someone claiming "two sides to every story" and they immediately begin downplaying the act.

i really wanted to know because everytime a minority claims racism, theres always someone claiming "two sides to every story" and they immediately begin downplaying the act.

I mean there are parts where if your in the wrong place at the wrong time yeah I can see it, but daytime at a soccer game............I dont know.

harSon

Banned
Dat ending

It was merely "good" IMO.
I was hoping for something a bit more morbid. I guess I didn't like the fact that Walt basically ends the show on top. Yes, he died, but he was going to die anyways and instead of dying slowly and horribly at the hands of Cancer, he went out on his own terms. He also secures his family's future, avenges his brother in law's death, saves Jessie, redeems himself in the eyes of Skylar and basically goes down like a motherfucking boss, securing his legacy in the eyes of the public. I guess it all tied up a little too nicely for my liking, and was a bit too pulpy in the process, but then again, I suppose that's consistent with the overall tone of the show. I know that it doesn't always end up bad for the villain, but history has been pretty consistent with the end game for drug kingpins not being pretty. I should have seen this ending coming considering how protective of Breaking Bad's characters the filmmakers have been, but I was hoping for a little more balls for the ending, and a final act that wasn't so tidy and predictable. Regardless, the show as a whole is definitely top 10 of all time.

harSon

Banned
Just got through watching Fresh for the first time. That movie is some real shit! I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. It hits you right in the heart.

Yup. Probably my favorite Hood film of all time, and one that is always pushed to the side in favor of Boys N the Hood and Menace 2 Society when that discussion arises. Giancarlo Esposito's performance in Fresh is legit as fuck.

Yup. Probably my favorite Hood film of all time, and one that is always pushed to the side in favor of Boys N the Hood and Menace 2 Society when that discussion arises. Giancarlo Esposito's performance in Fresh is legit as fuck.

Fo sho. I really hated that motherfucker. Sean Nelson did his thing too though.

Anyone happen to know what material this gif is from?

tumblr_lo10v7nZie1qladwdo1_500.gif

Wynnebeck

Banned
They need to know their place.

fe523106ee227c8f4aa9e9faccba5271.image.353x500.jpg

Gangsta Crizzab?

Also, I had a strong urge to post "mah nigga" in a thread on the Gaming side, but decided against it because I was afraid a mod would get offended and ban my ass. What's the rules for Keeping It Real ® outside of the BCT?

RedSwirl

Does anybody have any info on how we have progressed with desegregation?

I've read some articles that said its gotten better while others say its more or less just as bad as decades ago because the numbers only look so good because Hispanic and Asian imigrants move into black areas (before soon leaving) instead of blacks moving into different neighborhoods.

There were some maps a while ago on Wired showing how segregated cities in America are, but it didn't compare anything to decades ago.

Generally, it showed that most major cities in America are still segregated as fuck, especially Detroit where 8 mile road is basically the racial Berlin Wall. Basically every city they showed had clear "areas" occupied by each race. The only well-integrated cities apparently are all in Southern California. Also, with the exception of the black belt in the south, basically all minorities in America live in urban areas.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Gangsta Crizzab?

Also, I had a strong urge to post "mah nigga" in a thread on the Gaming side, but decided against it because I was afraid a mod would get offended and ban my ass. What's the rules for Keeping It Real ® outside of the BCT?

cancer zodiarts

and yeah, no. not a good idea

Gangsta Crizzab?

Depends on who sees it. JC throws the word around all the time like he's tryna call Slayven Beetlejuice and he hasn't caught much heat for it.

Imm0rt4l

Gangsta Crizzab?

Only in bct, community threads are moderated only slightly different due to a threads culture.

Just got through watching Fresh for the first time. That movie is some real shit! I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. It hits you right in the heart.

underrated hood classic

There were some maps a while ago on Wired showing how segregated cities in America are, but it didn't compare anything to decades ago.

Generally, it showed that most major cities in America are still segregated as fuck, especially Detroit where 8 mile road is basically the racial Berlin Wall. Basically every city they showed had clear "areas" occupied by each race. The only well-integrated cities apparently are all in Southern California. Also, with the exception of the black belt in the south, basically all minorities in America live in urban areas.

Would you guys be cool if I opened up a thread discussing this issue?

I'm afraid of getting replies like "Why not just as in the Black Culture Thread?" or something similar.

FyreWulff

Would you guys be cool if I opened up a thread discussing this issue?

I'm afraid of getting replies like "Why not just as in the Black Culture Thread?" or something similar.

go for it. i'll join in. my own city (omaha) is heavily segregated. so i'll have something to contribute.

IrishNinja

Saw the Breaking Bad finale.
Good, but The Shield still has the GOAT ending.

prolly too hyped from it tonight to make a fair call, feels close right now though...Shield's was more...poetic? deserving? totally sideswipes your expectations, but surpasses them. still a rare feeling.

Another week in the pipe. Time to curl up and sleep my ear infection off. It feels like any sound incoming on my left side is like getting punched in the face. Its like fucking Black bolt is screaming at me 24-7. This shit sucks!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, lets get this shit organized today. I'm in two crews for PS3 as of right now, but there should definitely be one for this community too. Who's on what?

Top Bottom