• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

lets not all front like we won't all have Wii U's when they sell it for 150 and drop Super Mario Universe and Ocarina of Time 2

I'll be too busy playing Last of Us 2, RDR 2, next God of War, Titanfall, etc to care.

Yeah I know. I just like when Nintendo kids say "as opposed to their 0% install base" when arguing about developers not making games for the WiiU

I remember seeing that for the first time and laughing pretty hard. Missing the point.

meh. Like my Wii U. It serves a purpose. It's a console I can play games with my son and daughter and not have to worry about filtering content.

Just like Safari Pitfall was the first game I played with my old man. WW was the first game I played with my daughter and dammit if she's excited I'm excited!

I will have a P4 and a Steam Machine for myself however.

meh. Like my Wii U. It serves a purpose. It's a console I can play games with my son and daughter and not have to worry about filtering content.

Just like Safari Pitfall was the first game I played with my old man. WW was the first game I played with my daughter and dammit if she's excited I'm excited!

I will have a P4 and a Steam Machine for myself however.

It's cool if you like it, most people just aren't interested; and its not hard to see why.

I do remember playing Madden with my Dad for the first time on Genesis, though. 72 yard TD run.

qft I lol at people asking what system I play.

PS3/4 + PC pretty much had me covered.

Aiustis

I'm probs going pc since I'm more of a handheld gamer but I think I'll invest in xbone a little sooner since I haven't really played my ps3 in a year. And get PS4 when lbp 3 and 4 other exclusives I want come out.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't even see a point in getting the Xbone. They've spent more time backtracking then anything else since their reveal. On top of that, their past history shows nothing other than a pattern of mediocrity, an inability to progress, and an inability to adapt. Sony had a very rough start through last gen, but over the past year its very clear that they've made a better connection with their core consumers and partners. Also, going forward they seem more than able and ready to continue that trend. For example, what the fuck is the point of Xbox Gold anymore? PSN+ shits all over it. Hell, PSN is finally at a point where it stands far better than Gold does - which was a massive hill to climb from its early stages and it also goes to show just how much Microsoft has stagnated.

I don't even see a point in getting the Xbone. They've spent more time backtracking then anything else since their reveal. On top of that, their past history shows nothing other than a pattern of mediocrity, an inability to progress, and an inability to adapt. Sony had a very rough start through last gen, but over the past year its very clear that they've made a better connection with their core consumers and partners. Also, going forward they seem more than able and ready to continue that trend. For example, what the fuck is the point of Xbox Gold anymore? PSN+ shits all over it. Hell, PSN is finally at a point where it stands far better than Gold does - which was a massive hill to climb from its early stages and it also goes to show just how much Microsoft has stagnated.

PSN+ is pretty much what cooled me off from paying to play online (has been, and will always be bullshit). The other stuff, like the Share button, etc is what I'm digging the most.

How many times did I have a crazy moment that I wanted to record and share this generation? Shit, I had a bunch last week in GTA. My wife has a bunch of U3 clips that will sit there. No longer. 15 minutes is a good enough length.

Trey

I don't care about consoles other than exclusives. And I don't care enough about any of the PS4's to buy it for that reason alone. If I get the PS4, it will be because it's the preferred console for my friends for Destiny.

At this point, it's looking like I'm getting PS4 when Destiny releases and an XB1 when Halo 5 and Titanfall drop.

After reactivating Xbox Live for GTA 5, I can see why I let it go, ads still everywhere, certain features still behind "must have gold" wall. At least they have the 2 free games now, if only it was games that are actually good. From what I hear PSN throws a few gems with their free games. B

Protip: got. My girl a spa treatment for her birthday this weekend I don't know what they did but she couldn't keep her hands off me after she got back :D

DY_nasty

After reactivating Xbox Live for GTA 5, I can see why I let it go, ads still everywhere, certain features still behind "must have gold" wall. At least they have the 2 free games now, if only it was games that are actually good. From what I hear PSN throws a few gems with their free games. B
PSN gives away good games, has discounted deals, and Day 1 Digital.

Xbox gives me 20 Microsoft points on my birthday and assassins creed 2.

Gorillaz

I'm hoping Sony does a big overhaul for there online tho. Especially in download managenent. I'm going to assume them making psn pay to play is for not only there pockets but to for maintaining it.

zero_suit

I'm hoping Sony does a big overhaul for there online tho. Especially in download managenent. I'm going to assume them making psn pay to play is for not only there pockets but to for maintaining it.

Eh, I'd say it's more of the former. Microsoft is making a killing off of the rip off that is XBL, and Sony wants some of that.

As long as PSN keeps being awesome, I'll get over it. Xbox live is shit.

You crazy I will take the reliability and functionality of Xbox live any day of the week. Sony says there going to fix their shit, ok but until it's running well for everyone not just the guy near the servers you can't claim it is superior in anyway. The games they give you with plus are better no doubt.

And people complaining about ads? I exist in a world of 2 movments. Press A to play the game in the tray, or two pushes down to the recent tab.

DY_nasty

You crazy I will take the reliability and functionality of Xbox live any day of the week. Sony says there going to fix their shit, ok but until it's running well for everyone not just the guy near the servers you can't claim it is superior in anyway. The games they give you with plus are better no doubt.

And people complaining about ads? I exist in a world of 2 movments. Press A to play the game in the tray, or two pushes down to the recent tab.
Functionality has got better every year. Outside of downloading older titles, it's about the same. Malnourished KOF fans stay hungry though.*

*Only mad because Vanessa didn't come back

DominoKid

BVWvTEtCAAEPEBa.jpg

AXF010F.png

Protip: got. My girl a spa treatment for her birthday this weekend I don't know what they did but she couldn't keep her hands off me after she got back :D
#grownfolkpimping good shit my brother.

PSN gives away good games, has discounted deals, and Day 1 Digital.

Xbox gives me 20 Microsoft points on my birthday and assassins creed 2.

Personally all systems minus that WiiU. Play all multiplat games on PS3. Free online hate having to pay but if I do pay for something its gonna be plus. There's so much to offer. It literally pays for itself. I mean can't fuck with live. I'm still trying to figure why half the "apps" are still behind a pay wall. I got my 360 for MUA, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, EDF 2017 and those solid as arcade exclusives(Ikaruga and Shadow Complex) if that shit was on psn......

DY_nasty

AoT does "shit has gotten real" moments with the best of them. End of Ep 4 had me reliving the moment I saw Goku go SSJ for the first time.
"I'm just going to the store"
Sounds better than "The Knicks have a chance this year"

DY_nasty

Still better than yo stank ass Bobcats.
At least we didn't max Amare and watch him get styled on by Boris Diaw. Losing on purpose is a lot less stressful than having to come up with new excuses every season. Maybe JR won't show up drunk for the playoffs this time around.

At least we didn't max Amare and watch him get styled on by Boris Diaw. Losing on purpose is a lot less stressful than having to come up with new excuses every season. Maybe JR won't show up drunk for the playoffs this time around.

Maybe, but I still would rather be there then to be stuck in your situation where the only joy can come from seeing what kind of jeans the owner wears to the game each night.

DY_nasty

Maybe, but I still would rather be there then to be stuck in your situation where the only joy can come from seeing what kind of jeans the owner wears to the game each night.
Your favorite team is the PartTimeWarrior of the NBA.

And MJ is a pioneer

Top Bottom