• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Gattsu25

Banned
I always saw Sheva as Capcom trying to throw them a bone and not have a white guy shooting up crazy bloodthirsty africans the entire game. "See, we got a light skinned black chick we cool now"

Then they gave her this costume and I lol'd
I gave RE5 a pass until that white woman scene. Then I was cautious until the village bullshit and had to admit that the game I liked was racist as fuck.

Onemic

I gave RE5 a pass until that white woman scene. Then I was cautious until the village bullshit and had to admit that the game I liked was racist as fuck.

White woman scene? Village bs? I don't remember anything from my RE5 playthrough, that game was so forgettable.

Slayven

What do you think goes through their head when they are just browsing the front page?

"What's this? [insert series] getting a reboot?"
"Forty-two replies?!"
"Aw hell naw, gonna need a dismissive gif to portray the full extent of my hate for this series."

They have shit locked and loaded.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Bish can I just have like

an hour of ban immunity

just one hour I promise I'll be good after that

Slayven

Bish can I just have like

an hour of ban immunity

just one hour I promise I'll be good after that

Dy causally/jokingly mentions racism, a poster loses his damn mind. I swear to god that is Dy superpower to make butthurt people lose their minds when they see his words.

And they always say "What makes you the authority on racism?"

FreeMufasa

I love race threads on gaming side. You got a bunch of kids who've never stepped into OT and are not used to biting their lips on the issue

J10

Banned
Just play madlibs with the "Square just shot themselves in the foot" post, paste it into the thread and call it a day.

Nakazato

Where you're from - Gaborone, Botswana
Where you live - Edmonton, Alberta
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Malawian
Do you know your roots - Yes
Your Age - 25
Favorite musical genre - Rap followed by R&B
Your profession/major/career interest - Currently Networking support, Information Systems Tech major
Your religious affiliation - Raised Catholic, haven't been to mass in years
Hobbies - Boxing, Muay Thai, Escrima, Video Games (Specifically tactical games like X-Com Enemy Unknown and fighting games)

welcome.

KFC or Popeyes
Dont be Dy
Satch will ether you so stay on her good side.

enjoy your stay :)

been thinking bout trying sugar in grits... But my instinct is telling me you bout to make a huge mistake

RedSwirl

I don't fuck with race threads at all anymore. When I saw that title I just said "nope," and scrolled right on down.

I always saw Sheva as Capcom trying to throw them a bone and not have a white guy shooting up crazy bloodthirsty africans the entire game. "See, we got a light skinned black chick we cool now"

Then they gave her this costume and I lol'd

With Capcom, and really any Japanese developer, I just chalk that up to straight ignorance. It's almost cute really.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
l9d4EzH.gif

ReiGun

Best ones, cause they come out rawer than Old Dirty bastard. But I am getting tired of "Don't push your values on them" argument.
That, and the occasional accusations of censorship, and just the general mental gymnastics that make those threads a pain. Like, I've never seen people so dedicated to being wrong.

And yet, here I am reading this one anyway. lol

Top Bottom