• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

I've always had a thing for Erykah Badu. Not sure why just do.
Me too. Can't quite put my finger on it....
erykah-badu-booty-BET-Awards.gif

RedSwirl

Society is shaped by media. People don't like to admit they've been conditioned but they have. White thin women with long straight hair are put in the "most beautiful" category while everyone else is failing at something.

How have they responded to comments on Eurocentric beauty standards? I imagine not well?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't really see the purpose in chiming in about it in this thread given that it'd just be an echo chamber at this point. Best thing is to discuss and attempt to create or respond to dialogue where you see it in other places. Sometimes the thread itself is the worst place to do that given trolling and the high-tension nature the discussion has reached. I think there is more success to be had in educating with personal talks or conversations starting on a smaller scale.

LosDaddie

Banned
Since you guys are discussing the "attraction" thread...

BlackGAF: Let me get your input on this

Alright, so I have a sister-in-law who's a bit fucked up in the head when it comes to guys. You know the type, keeps simps around her to make herself feel better, but has no intention of ever dating/fucking these guys. (I could go on with her other bullshit, but you get the point).

Normally I just laugh at these (young-ish) simps because it's a learning experience a lot of guys need to go through. But damn, there's this black co-worker of hers that is simping hard for her. She knows he likes her, and is basically on call for her anytime she wants attention. Knowing my sis-in-law, she's far too self conscious to date a black guy. My wife mentioned this simp to me a few weeks ago, and when I checked my sis-in-laws FB page last night, the simp is all over it.

You guys think I should send him a quick message? I feel bad for the guy. :lol He has no shot with her.

zero_suit

Alright, so I have a sister-in-law who's a bit fucked up in the head when it comes to guys. You know the type, keeps simps around her to make herself feel better, but has no intention of ever dating/fucking these guys. (I could go on with her other bullshit, but you get the point).

Normally I just laugh at these (young-ish) simps because it's a learning experience a lot of guys need to go through. But damn, there's this black co-worker of hers that is simping hard for her. She knows he likes her, and is basically on call for her anytime she wants attention. Knowing my sis-in-law, she's far too self conscious to date a black guy. My wife mentioned this simp to me a few weeks ago, and when I checked my sis-in-laws FB page last night, the simp is all over it.

You guys think I should send him a quick message? I feel bad for the guy. :lol He has no shot with her.

How long has he been at it?

kyored

If he has been at it for a year+ give him a message, if not let it fly and watch it crash and burn.

Nakazato

I would. Or tell her to give in to the temptations of the chocolate. lol but really tell him and just be mad honest with him about it. He'll respect you for it.

Simps can't be reasoned with, but leveling with him will rid you of any guilt you might feel otherwise and will leave him with only himself to blame for not listening to you.

ReiGun

New season of Hajime no Ippo? Anime is saved.

I want to say message him, but I think this is the sort of thing brahs needs to have blow up in their face.

Lebron

That girl is trying her damndest to bring scientific racism back.

I admire the dedication.

Thread reminds me of the black women not attractive thread, where people were telling us who qualified as a black woman.

Rihanna? Not Black.
Sade? Not Black.
Ariel Meredith? Nah, son.
Mariah Carey? You serious? Oh, you are? hahahaha
Gabourey Sidibe (Precious)? There we go, finally. She black.

Onemic

I admire the dedication.

Thread reminds me of the black women not attractive thread, where people were telling us who qualified as a black woman.

Rihanna? Not Black.
Sade? Not Black.
Ariel Meredith? Nah, son.
Mariah Carey? You serious? Oh, you are? hahahaha
Gabourey Sidibe (Precious)? There we go, finally. She black.

You forgot Beyonce - Not black

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Stay in Wellinton, you won't see a single lamb.

i dont mind the living animal. i had to deal with them in the ffa. its after theyve been processed that i have an issue with, or maybe i havent had good lamb. isnt lamb a large part of the new zealand diet?

And the Megaton: Rashida Jones

"rashida jones isnt black. i dont care if her daddy is quincy jones"

What part of 'one drop' don't you guys understand? We have rules for a reason, god.

Hey RedSwirl, I really liked that article you posted about the crack baby study. I guess it makes sense that researchers would have overestimated the effects of crack cocaine on fetuses, considering how often stuff like that was incorrectly correlated to problems with poverty around the time that the study was founded. It's good that they had the foresight to switch gears mid-study instead of tweaking their findings to push their initial hypothesis.

This study really bolsters the findings in recent years that poverty stunts the cognitive development of children as well as their psychological health. But I weep for the amateur comedians who have been robbed of a go-to punchline. How will they get their start if they can't fall back on the crutch of little kids fiending in the crib, or fetuses scratching all over their barely-formed bodies in-vitro?

New season of Hajime no Ippo? Anime is saved.

Fuck. Yes.
The best part is that they'll be able to cover 2-3 dozen chapters per episode if they pick up where the first series left off.

I am not touching the Latino thread. I bet it would surprise some people to see how darker Hispanics are treated by the lighters ones in certain parts of Central and South America.

Imm0rt4l

All I want to know is who is even calling Zimmerman white. 2nd what the fuck does it matter? He still profiled and killed a kid.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I liked the thread where people were doing mspaint of disturbing interpretations of cartoons and games; it had Rosie-Bot from the Jetson's killing the Flintstones.
All I want to know is who is even calling Zimmerman white. 2nd what the fuck does it matter? He still profiled and killed a kid.
Apparently you can't highlight inequality without the white man feeling targeted. Because every voice of concern and case of outcry regarding racism, bias or profiling including the Zimmerman trial are just people trying to run whitey down.

Top Bottom