• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Gorillaz

Was that a piggy back off of our discussion bout dating and race like 3 days ago.It just hit me we were talking about that a few days ago

"Is it racist to not find a certain race attractive?" is almost always followed by "I don't find black women attractive."

Yep, or you get a post like this, which I'm not really sure if he is serious or not:

Nah what he probably means is he is not attracted to a group of people who, due to their socioeconomic background, are gross and overweight and perhaps he has yet to meet one that is attractive to him, depending on where you live I could see that happening.

lmao

Then if you post a pic of a hot black chick, you'll get something like:

"She ain't full black though. Doesn't count".

Rihanna comes to mind.

harSon

Banned
Then if you post a pic of a hot black chick, you'll get something like:

"She ain't full black though. Doesn't count".

Yup, and even if they are full black, they don't "look black." Apparently all black women look like Precious or Grace Jones.

That racial preference thread is getting me fired up. I am angry at society because I and many other of you have experienced it. We are at the bottom most people don't think of us as attractive and personally to the average looking to very attractive black people that is offensive.

Was that a piggy back off of our discussion bout dating and race like 3 days ago.It just hit me we were talking about that a few days ago

I've said it before I'll say it a 1000 times....
We have way more lurkers in this thread. When ever something ethnic or racially charged happens everyone looks at us as the "Afrocentric Barometer". I don't know if its a compliment or what.

akira28

Until Invasion, where he's replaced by a clone of Superman and Worf.

A clone of Superman, Worf, and Taylor Laughtner. So basically, some weird spliced up thing that should not be.

edit:
I dunno if it was GAF or not, but someone put up a chart with all the black women in Hollywood, talking about how "things have changed", but but the chart shows like 14 women, with Halle Berry making up more than 40% of the major appearances.

DominoKid

That racial preference thread is getting me fired up. I am angry at society because I and many other of you have experienced it. We are at the bottom most people don't think of us as attractive and personally to the average looking to very attractive black people that is offensive.

i'm used to it.

i will say that i'm very surprised when my white friends go after black chicks. some great bar convos have come from that. whole lot of tiptoeing too lmao.

Yep every thread on black characters especially females in media turns into this discussion

Yup. That's one reason why I split my threads on black male protagonists in gaming and black female protagonists in gaming. As expected, the black female protagonist thread did become a discussion on whether or not the characters were black.

I just want to preface this with, I'm not that dude on FB to stir up shit all the time just cause.

I rarely want to have a debate of any kind on FB, I only really start when people are dicks.

My posts are in red, cousin in blue.

eK9zT5T.png

A lot of my cousins from my dad's side are getting in on that Lupe Fiasco, open your EYES intellectual act for the past few years.

I always wanted to cross reference those threads with forever alone thread. I think the results would be shocking.

I do this when people mention they like really shit movies but hate good ones. A lot of lonely virgins like Avengers and hate Commando.

Edit: changed for truth I just checked. Scarface haters was for something else.

Mr. Patch

I just want to preface this with, I'm not that dude on FB to stir up shit all the time just cause.

I rarely want to have a debate of any kind on FB, I only really start when people are dicks.

A lot of my cousins from my dad's side are getting in on that Lupe Fiasco, open your EYES intellectual act for the past few years.

Yeah, people love false equivalencies when the death of a black person makes national news.

People make a big deal out of Trayvon "not being an angel" but this kid was actually in the process of committing a crime.

Slayven

eK9zT5T.png

Goddamn i hate this Lupe Fiasco pseudo intellectuals. It is like they read the chapter titles for a civics class and become enlightened.

RedSwirl

I keep wondering why so many people say OT is the real GAF, but threads I keep hearing about in BCT constantly discourage me.

I keep wondering why so many people say OT is the real GAF, but threads I keep hearing about in BCT constantly discourage me.

I remember when someone made the "why don't we talk more about race thread" and honestly most of the people there said: "I don't want to talk about it" or "I tend to avoid it" and then wonder why we have these problems and comments

Slayven

I remember when someone made the "why don't we talk more about race thread" and honestly most of the people there said: "I don't want to talk about it" or "I tend to avoid it" and then wonder why we have these problems and comments

Did they call him a racist? Cause that happens a lot.

Top Bottom