• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Village

I'm interested in the zoo talk too because I thought that was just a punchline to a joke

Well the back story behind it is that a long time ago in more segregated times, during Easter in our nations capital they did not let black people do the whole Easter egg hunt thing on the white house lawn. So they well went to the zoo.

The tradition of going to zoo on Easter has stayed, its just that now there is a lot more ghetto shit happening. People get hurt or worse, you remember the " Nigga Moment " thing from the boondocks, that in a zoo multiplied by god knows how much

Kreed

i dunno, 3/5 ain't bad. dunno what that junk about trash was, that's more about poor neighborhoods than black neighborhoods... and the n-word talk... yeah... no...

Nothing he or Bill talked about had anything to do with Trayvon getting killed that night.

If he wants to criticize the black community, fine, but he's a fool if he thinks Zimmerman wouldn't have shot his ass if he was wearing anything but a suit that night. And giving Bill props for coddling his majority white right leaning audience into thinking the Trayvon murder was black people's fault is BS.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The real question here is...

were they Newports?

This was a long time coming but whatever. I'm actually somewhat surprised, maybe bad press Limbaugh is finally beginning to outweigh the audience he gets from the fundie's who nod their head to every. I guess that's what happens when you alienate 50% of your self-aware audience.

Slayven

Lord jesus, my heart. Know about those bad Ga thunderstorms?

Well the lights went, and they came back 45 minutes later. I was playing with my nephew and I started smelling smoke, I look up and the alarm panel is on fire. We rushed out and called 911, where the lady asked for everything but to spread my buttcheaks. The fire people found lightening traveled up our phone line and blew a circuitboard in in the alarm panel. Thank god it was only the alarm thing.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Thank god, it could of been the new flat screen you got. A bunch of shit at my dad's house got ruined from a thunderstorm and he had to buy a new stove, microwave and television from a power surge in the kitchen.

Nakazato

Well the lights went, and they came back 45 minutes later. I was playing with my nephew and I started smelling smoke, I look up and the alarm panel is on fire. We rushed out and called 911, where the lady asked for everything but to spread my buttcheaks. The fire people found lightening traveled up our phone line and blew a circuitboard in in the alarm panel. Thank god it was only the alarm thing.

glad your safe

1600 cals a day is kicking my ass :(

Slayven

Thank god, it could of been the new flat screen you got. A bunch of shit at my dad's house got ruined from a thunderstorm and he had to buy a new stove, microwave and television from a power surge in the kitchen.
Yeah that shit happens often. Not going to lie, the first thing I did when the firemen left was check my computer and TV. I still have my old tv, but I can't go back to gaming in SD again.
glad your safe

Thanks

Imm0rt4l

You would have liked that wouldn't you.

Good to hear you get to live another day to cast some shade.

Slayven

Not going to lie, when I was standing out in the rain watching the fire dudes rush into my house. Wondering if I am going to have a house or not, I felt as low as Wii U sales.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Slay would still be throwing shade even on his deathbed, would be whispering to his nephew to come closer:

*cough* "Much like Wii U...I don't have much time left on this earth."

glad you're ok and not too much was damaged

I would like to be mad at Don Lemon, but honestly - I can't. You would hope for a better venue, but it's kind of past the time we keep asking that family business stays within the "family" when we put all our shit out in the streets (to keep the metaphor going).

Nakazato

People need to stop acting like the entertainment industry gangsta rap product isn't for white kids in the suburb.

Yep. I worked with someone that hung out with Mos Def and Mos Def said the same thing. Also said mos def was kinda racist but that that with a gain of salt.

DominoKid

People need to stop acting like the entertainment industry gangsta rap product isn't for white kids in the suburb.

it's for them, but they don't embody that shit like black kids do. i didn't see white kids rocking snowman Tshirts and tall tees and that bullshit. even though they bumped that shit more than anybody in HS. shit is just musical ghetto tourism for them.

harSon

Banned
glad your safe

Damn, I was doing 1700-1800 a day and that seemed overly restrictive. Can't imagine 1600, especially if you're not doing low-carb since stuff like bread, pasta, rice, etc. is so caloric dense and not that filling in the long term.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Damn, I was doing 1700-1800 a day and that seemed overly restrictive. Can't imagine 1600, especially if you're not doing low-carb since stuff like bread, pasta, rice, etc. is so caloric dense and not that filling in the long term.

I'm about to hit up one of those juice fasts for a couple of weeks. Not looking forward to it at all.

harSon

Banned
I'm about to hit up one of those juice fasts for a couple of weeks. Not looking forward to it at all.

I'm about as dedicated and strong willed as they come when it comes to nutrition, but the two things I can't do is be a vegetarian/vegan or do a juice diet. I had a co-worker doing that and they just looked miserable. I mean, I would do if I had to put celery in my smoothies.

Kreed

eh, he's not wrong though.

As I said a few posts up, dude is wrong for pushing his black community critique into the Trayvon situation. Trayvon could have been any black child that night and been killed, regardless of n-word usage, pants sagging, littering, or what ever other excuses people want to make up for why it was black people's fault for Zimmerman killing Trayvon.

Onemic

As I said a few posts up, dude is wrong for pushing his black community critique into the Trayvon situation. Trayvon could have been any black child that night and been killed, regardless of n-word usage, pants sagging, littering, or what ever other excuses people want to make up for why it was black people's fault for Zimmerman killing Trayvon.

...but he wasn't. He was actually criticizing others for trying to deflect from the Trayvon situation(and any other situation dealing with racial tension/prejudice) by bringing up problems in the black community.(once at the very beginning of the video and another time at the end) He was just saying that now that the situation for Trayvon is over, it can now be appropriate to address problems in the black community as some black folks and the right have been constantly trying to do since the whole Trayvon thing started.

no thanks. spawn needs to be buried and forgotten.

Spawn is legit. They just need a movie that actually takes the source material seriously and not try to turn it into some pg-13 popcorn flick.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Spawn is legit. They just need a movie that actually takes the source material seriously and not try to turn it into some pg-13 popcorn flick.

there is no taking the source material seriously. its already garbage. it got its movie run, great, but it needs to stay gone.

Kreed

...but he wasn't. He was actually criticizing others for trying to deflect from the Trayvon situation(and any other situation dealing with racial tension/prejudice) by bringing up problems in the black community.(once at the very beginning of the video and another time at the end) He was just saying that now that the situation for Trayvon is over, it can now be appropriate to address problems in the black community as some black folks and the right have been constantly trying to do since the whole Trayvon thing started.

You are right that he said he didn't want to talk about the issues earlier because he didn't want to distract from the Trayvon case, but the issues he's complaining about have nothing to do with the case in the first place! He's bringing it up for the same reason the far right are, because he and others see Trayvon being shot as his fault/a issue with black culture. Otherwise why even talk about it in the same segment as he mentioned Trayvon or mention Bill O'Reilly who was critiquing Trayvon?

Top Bottom