• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Imm0rt4l

I wrote a long ass response to this but I got up to take a piss and my kid fucked with my laptop...

tl;dr version
Anyways, like I said ignorance is the answer.

Oh and I still think Mishima killed himself because he was gay. That interview where he said he hated having to pretend he was something he wasn't just sells me on that idea. All that other shit was just him being an narcissistic ass.

Yea, but to do it in such a dramatic samurai-esque way I found interesting. Ironically, homosexual samurai weren't uncommon, but it was a different time for Mishima.

Yea, but to do it in such a dramatic samurai-esque way I found interesting. Ironically, homosexual samurai weren't uncommon, but it was a different time for Mishima.

He was a fascinating guy. I need to read "The Way of the Samurai: Yukio Mishima on Hagakure in Modern Life" heard some interesting things about his thoughts on Bushido.

The way of the samurai is cool until you see the real world application of it leading to a dude potentially killing himself for being gay, having his appointed beheader fail and and then have the failure kill himself for failing to behead the first guy properly.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The shame and honor aspects in respect to failure are ridiculous. Every human being without exception will make mistakes. The purpose of learning is to grow from your mistakes and become a better person. Killing yourself achieves nothing and is IMO more shameful because of how wasteful and disrespectful it is to the people who helped raise you and give your life purpose in the first place.

The shame and honor aspects in respect to failure are ridiculous. Every human being without exception will make mistakes. The purpose of learning is to grow from your mistakes and become a better person. Killing yourself achieves nothing and is IMO more shameful because of how wasteful and disrespectful it is to the people who helped raise you and give your life purpose in the first place.

This is exactly how the lord of Yamamoto Tsunetomo believed. So much that he forbid Yamamoto and the other Samurai to perform junshi when he died.

The antidote to apathy

no, the answer is not "1 free redhead for every college graduate"

I truly believe most of what this is saying is true. Many people may not be book smart or have the same kind of ambitions as their neighbors but that doesn't necessarily prevent them from being a force for good. This TED talk in particular focuses on Canada but there are real social barriers in place everywhere that make people more apathetic and I feel like no country has perfected those barriers more than the United States.

Interesting... thanks for this!

Some dude moved into my neighbor's spare room. He saw someone steal my brother's basketball.

So tonight he caught me off guard, he gave me one of his old basketballs to give to my brother and asked for a favor in return.

So now I'm sitting here at my pc loading up his flashdrive with music.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Some dude moved into my neighbor's spare room. He saw someone steal my brother's basketball.

So tonight he caught me off guard, he gave me one of his old basketballs to give to my brother and asked for a favor in return.

You don't see that sort of kindness much anymore.

Thats solid.

Not many cats like that out there. From knowledge of feudal society, solid conversation and talking points to just general cool shit, I must say I am proud of BCT. I have been sitting here between calls checking OT and Gaming and it doesnt surprise me at some of the asshollish notions that spew from some of our fellow members. But us, fam, we keeping shit positive and adult. Its fucking commendable. Good shit folk good shit.

What were his most well renowned works?

4D6im07.jpg

Which reminds me I need to pick up a copy with that cover.

So I been playing Yakuza Dead Souls while I wait on payday to come around and I get on some fighters and just came across the funniest shit(Well at least to me)
tGonvkB.jpg

Besides shitty controls I love the game but im free when it comes to zombie, strategy or alien shit.

Gorillaz

Watching Inside Man right now and Spike really felt like he knocked it out of the park for the first time in years. Were the knicks playoff bound in 2006 or something?

Man I remember one time I was in the car with a friend and he got over for speeding. The cop opened the driver side door and immediately put a gun right on his temple and said "Don't you fucking touch it!". I thought I was going to die that night. The thing that got him worked up? A black t shirt under the drivers seat that he claimed looked and was shaped like a weapon. He didn't give my friend a ticket, so there's that.

Kreed

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/28/don-lemon-bill-oreilly-black-people_n_3666966.html

Time for Don Lemon to turn his card in.

Damn I am putting Florida on my no-go list right after Russia.

South Florida/South Beach/the Obama districts/the parts of Florida people actually want to visit are fine. It's the "Down South" parts of Florida that this crap keeps happening in. I've been in Florida for years and I've never even driven through most of the places GAF posts Florida stories about.

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_2012

Blue parts = Ok

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
It's like when a person is angry at the idea of black cowboys while ignoring famous men like Bill Pickett.
Or Mexican vaqueros being shown with anything but a sarape and a sombrero. Its like they think the entire cattle industry stops at the Rio Grande. It'd blow their minds if they ever went to Australia. Or went to Georgia and heard a Korean guy sound like Rhett Atkins outside of the H-Mart.

Or Mexican vaqueros being shown with anything but a sarape and a sombrero. Its like they think the entire cattle industry stops at the Rio Grande. It'd blow their minds if they ever went to Australia. Or went to Georgia and heard a Korean guy sound like Rhett Atkins outside of the H-Mart.

Lmao

Top Bottom