• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

lmfao

Dude just went ahead and confirmed what we already knew about people who say shit like this.

When the day comes that white men are getting pulled over and arrested just for having a black female in the car, he and others can start complaining about equality. Until then, he should just keep dusting his fedora off.

Slayven

When the day comes that white men are getting pulled over and arrested just for having a black female in the car, he and others can start complaining about equality. Until then, he should just keep dusting his fedora off.

Hugh-grant-mugshot.jpg

RedSwirl

Well there was that news story from a while ago where police got suspicious about a white dude black kids at the grocery store and they couldn't believe they were his kids.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
BCT what is a "cock carousel"

urbandictionary said:
An idea perpetuated on manosphere blogs that women casually sleep around in their 20's with hot, non-commital player types.

Then, supposedly, when they hit their 30's and lose their looks, they realize they wasted their prime man-snagging years and become desperate to settle down, often with a boring, dependable flavor of guy they previously had no interest in.

Karen spent her late-twenties riding the cock carousel with a bunch of guys in bands that just wanted sex. Now she's 33, past her prime, and dating an accountant who's she's pressuring to have kids with.

First I've heard of the term.

I hope Satch stays aways from the thread about 3 college students mad over learning about racism. It's the kind of willful ignorance that will set her off.

JohnDoe

Banned
That 3 white college students thread is such a mess. Idg the discussion surrounding shan shan either.

Lol @ people who got offended at the "white dudes between 12-35 are the worst" post though.

SmokyDave

That 3 white college students thread is such a mess. Idg the discussion surrounding shan shan either.

Lol @ people who got offended at the "white dudes between 12-35 are the worst" post though.
It ain't that it's offensive, it's more like 'why are you doing that?'. We're too privileged to really give a fuck, but it still makes you wonder if they mean it or not. Sometimes makes you reflect on the fact that some (many?) people will always see you as a cold-hearted racist no matter how you actually feel. I guess the whole point is to give us a taste of what it's like to be judged solely on the colour of skin so in that way, it is effective.

I must admit though, I really makes me want to lean into it just to (falsely) confirm their prejudice. Then you've just got two dicks in a room though, and that's one dick too many.

This site can be kinda weird as a white guy from outside of America. You end up feeling guilty for shit that's totally culturally alien and would never happen in your own back yard. On the flip side you sometimes look in your own back yard and realise that exactly the same shit is going on, just under a stealth cloak.

It ain't that it's offensive, it's more like 'why are you doing that?'. We're too privileged to really give a fuck, but it still makes you wonder if they mean it or not. Sometimes makes you reflect on the fact that some (many?) people will always see you as a cold-hearted racist no matter how you actually feel. I guess the whole point is to give us a taste of what it's like to be judged solely on the colour of skin so in that way, it is effective.

I must admit though, I really makes me want to lean into it just to (falsely) confirm their prejudice. Then you've just got two dicks in a room though, and that's one dick too many.

This site can be kinda weird as a white guy from outside of America. You end up feeling guilty for shit that's totally culturally alien and would never happen in your own back yard. On the flip side you sometimes look in your own back yard and realise that exactly the same shit is going on, just under a stealth cloak.

I'm with all this. I thought it was a dick thing to say and just ignored it in fear of admonishing the comment becoming the dominant theme of the thread.

SmokyDave

I'm with all this. I thought it was a dick thing to say and just ignored it in fear of admonishing the comment becoming the dominant theme of the thread.
That's it. It's not worth getting heated over because you fuck up the discussion and eventually someone's gonna remind you that your biggest racial issue in life is a snappy one-liner on an Internet forum.

JohnDoe

Banned

This is very true. You have to realize that Tokubetsu's post only "works" for the USA but it's still generalizing.

Hell, if I took what he said at face value I'd be insulting myself. I also agree about your stealth cloak comment, a lot of racist shit in Europe is swept under the rug or normalized. And in Europe they also discriminate based on Nationality a lot.

As you said yourself, I just complained about people whining about that post because I don't want that thread to be taken over by white dudes whining about "reverse" racism and sexism.

Slayven

That's it. It's not worth getting heated over because you fuck up the discussion and eventually someone's gonna remind you that your biggest racial issue in life is a snappy one-liner on an Internet forum.

World would be a better place if everyone had a Vita and P4G

JohnDoe

Banned
World would be a better place if everyone had a Vita and P4G

lmao

Now that I think of it, that thread reminds me of the South-African English teacher we had in grammar school. Behind her back students complained about the stuff we read in lessons because "it's always about a black woman" :|

Damn, this forum could replace a word of the day calendar. I now know what "cock carousel" and "Kawaii" is. I don't think I should have learned what those were.

Anybody watching Sleepy Hollow? I started to catch up and it's a pretty good show. Nicole Beharie is fantastic and so damn fine. The episode I just watched had her in a t-shirt and jeans. They did this full body shot of her getting her to car to go some place and the image is now burned into my memory. I see why John Cho's character is desperate to get at her.

Also, The Blacklist pulled a fast one. I was little bummed at the end of last week's episode since I thought
they killed the black guy
. It was great episode.

Slayven

Says the person who wears a pair as he PMs Devo Drake lyrics on the daily.

I hate folks that spreads lies. It's lines from Mr.Big's "I am the one that wants to be with you", and Mario's "Let me Love you". I get those 50 for 6 dollar pack of socks, non free trade feels good on my feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom