• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Did they come from the drawers of 14 year olds?

Fwqqru5.jpg

Inferior X-men. Do not want.

el+cunado.jpg

I usually just role with African American since I have a bit of a ghetto accent(probably from listening to so much hip hop) and there are only about 1000 black folk in my city of 140 000+.

Is it too much to ask where black culture GAF is from? I assume most of you are actual African Americans and probably know more about each other than I do.
I should definitely hop into IRC if it's active.

Edit: I have a feeling I killed the vibe in here.

i'm from St. Kitts, a tiny Caribbean island, current population is like 35k or something like that... lived on several different islands in the Caribbean until 16 when i moved to Brooklyn, NY to start college... been living in the US ever since then.

Barzul

i'm from St. Kitts, a tiny Caribbean island, current population is like 35k or something like that... lived on several different islands in the Caribbean until 16 when i moved to Brooklyn, NY to start college... been living in the US ever since then.

One of my bosses is from St. Kitts, I love her accent.

And those Porkchops were stuffed with Boudin. My lady was all kinds of excited. Next week Im cooking a deboned whole chicken stuffed with crawfish and boudin. Dont know what Im doing for a side. Ill figure it out...

You got me feeling like Piccolo watching a super saiyan fight. I was content with my bit of cooking skill, but now I'm jealous at what you're about to be feast on.

Gorillaz

Revolution I think takes a hit because it's on network TV. Alot of it feels restrained but if you take it for what it is...it's decent
Speaking of Luther, I remember hearing Alice could get a spinoff. I wonder if that's still happening

There was talk of a movie as well I think

DominoKid

having watched the entirety of Revolution, there isn't much that happens in the S1 that's even relevant in S2 beyond the basic character relations. and it's now a much better show for that.

Nakazato

Need advice (and perhaps a good cover letter)

Hey guys im applying to a job in Boca issue is I dont live there should I put Boca on my Resume as my current city. The Job is through a staffing agency temp to perm. Also do you think I would need a cover letter since its going through an SA or should I just send my stuff off ?

Kreed

Need advice (and perhaps a good cover letter)

Hey guys im applying to a job in Boca issue is I dont live there should I put Boca on my Resume as my current city. The Job is through a staffing agency temp to perm. Also do you think I would need a cover letter since its going through an SA or should I just send my stuff off ?

I'd put a Boca/near Boca address or no address at all (just phone number and email). Companies in Florida in my experience tend to ignore resumes from people out of state/not near by because "they want someone local" without asking if the person is willing to relocate (they assume you would want them to pay for it). If it gets brought up in the interview, at least you're in the interview to explain it.

I probably wouldn't bother with a cover letter since it's through a staffing agency and you can't personalize it for the company you're applying for, but you could try to get away with a really generic one that just explains who you are/what you are about.

Nakazato

I'd put a Boca/near Boca address or no address at all (just phone number and email). Companies in Florida in my experience tend to ignore resumes from people out of state/not near by because "they want someone local" without asking if the person is willing to relocate (they assume you would want them to pay for it). If it gets brought up in the interview, at least you're in the interview to explain it.

I probably wouldn't bother with a cover letter since it's through a staffing agency and you can't personalize it for the company you're applying for, but you could try to get away with a really generic one that just explains who you are/what you are about.

Just sent it off. I didnt put a Boca address sadly after calling my dad like I wanted if worst comes to worst i'll re-apply. Really hoping for a call tho. Just keep me in your thoughts guys. Need to get out the bucket.

Aim_Ed

Just sent it off. I didnt put a Boca address sadly after calling my dad like I wanted if worst comes to worst i'll re-apply. Really hoping for a call tho. Just keep me in your thoughts guys. Need to get out the bucket.

Good luck dude.

Luther best be on Netflix Canada.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Content ID shit on cracking down on all game footage on YouTube is bigger news than the Xbone selling like every sane person knew it would.

Slayven

Content ID shit on cracking down on all game footage on YouTube is bigger news than the Xbone selling like every sane person knew it would.

Don't know what people thought would happen. Companies show money changing hands over they shit, and ""Bwahahaha not without our cut ".

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Some of it is pretty ridiculous though, with completely unrelated companies and entities claiming copyright on videos. Like Hearst Magazine UK claiming copyright on a Last of Us Quick Look.

But Slay is right, no one should be surprised companies are taking advantage of the system to just flag everything they possibly can to see what sticks. Because Google will of course side with the entity that has the most wealth over individual users. I don't particularly care if someone is able to make money anymore off review videos or let's plays of a game, it just seems like a sad state of affairs in terms of companies being able to abuse content flagging to their heart's content.

To me it reads as bad for everyone down the line whether people recognize it now or not. I'm sure certain game companies are already making those first steps into becoming like the RIAA & MPAA.

Because what truly makes the Internet great is strict regulation, scrutiny and restriction of sharing of creative content. Those things totally helped it become the most invaluable and important tool of the 21st century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom