• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a fun commute this morning.

I'm in Texas as well, so the icy roads have been a pain lately. I come out of my little neighborhood to see the main street out of the area is heavily backed up since you have to cross a bridge. When I get to the intersection I see a disabled car with it's hood up in the street with an Escalade behind it. I didn't pay it much attention until I saw the strobing lights of the Escalade. The red and blue stobes confirmed it was an unmarked cop car. As soon as I turn onto the street he pulls away from the disabled car and is behind me. I didn't notice until I looked in my rear view and see he is on my ass. The guy was running my plates. I took a detour to get around the traffic and he was with me for about half of it.

This guy left some person in the cold during the morning rush to wait for who knows what to run my plates. The power of DWB further impresses me.

I didn't have problems with Texas drivers at all during my time there. I mean, they drive at the pace of molasses most of the time but that's not that bad. I just had to avoid traffic for PT and end of day really but that's pretty self explanitory.

These Florida drivers though... I can't do it. I mean whenever I head up to Miami the drivers are crazy in general but they drive just as crazy in downpours. And I'm from Los Angeles, so that's saying something.

Village

I didn't have problems with Texas drivers at all during my time there. I mean, they drive at the pace of molasses most of the time but that's not that bad. I just had to avoid traffic for PT and end of day really but that's pretty self explanitory.

These Florida drivers though... I can't do it. I mean whenever I head up to Miami the drivers are crazy in general but they drive just as crazy in downpours. And I'm from Los Angeles, so that's saying something.

I think somethings speak for themselves.

Anyways try Bmore or DC , dudes do not care. I almost get run over every week.

ReiGun

Nah but it's 70 in Florida though. I need to be there.

I'm basically getting paid to do nothing right now because they haven't set up everything to train me/allow me to do my job. I came in this morning like "What do?" and my supervisor looked back at me like "Good question..."

On the plus side, there's free Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Slayven

Nah but it's 70 in Florida though. I need to be there.

I'm basically getting paid to do nothing right now because they have set up everything to train me/allow me to do my job. I came in this morning like "What do?" and my supervisor looked back at me like "Good question..."

On the plus side, there's free Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Got to love corporate structure.

Slayven

Obama be getting it in.

Barack-Obama-and-Julia-Gi-007.jpg

Barack-Obama-and-Julia-Gi-007.jpg

HFuTC.jpg

A94Dh.jpg

I still say interracial dating and the various stigmas that arise from that is a solid topic. May/December romances. Passive aggressive racism. Hatred for your own: Ashamed of your own skin and the stigma that coincides with that. Minority's in film.

You cats have a plethora of topics that you can tackle in 60 min. Push the envelope thus far soany of you have had experiences that should be put on blast. Have people talking. And I'm not gonna lie I would love to be a part of that.

And the worst traffic I've been in so far was post Katrina/Gustav Baton Rouge. If you don't have to be out between the hours of 4 and 8 then don't go. I know its rush hour but goddamn. It took me two hours to get over a bridge. And there wasnt a damn accident.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That feel when you go to buy a car for 650 from a friend and it's actually 4650

Imm0rt4l

Waiting for the faux righteous indignation from fox on Bams taking a selfie at a memorial of a man the right was indifferent to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom