• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this in the other thread, but I need to get back on Wing one day.

i1a5FnCAoEDyG.gif

It's really hard to get back into especially since what's her face is in love with Hero after he's all "tell anyone and I'll kill you." I just said to myself "this is so fucking stupid."

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Lady une and treize were the best things about gundam thing. The rest is forgettable outside of mobile units.

Awkward moment when a white friend drops the hard r.

"Didn't mean to say it"

I'm dying, clowning dude hard right now. Anyone else might have got dropped

EDIT: Actually, he's stronger than me and all the other black guys who were there, so.

Dali

I don't really vent to black gaf but the other day this coworker that is trying really really hard with me started trying to shame me because of my white ex that I was at the time going to go see. I haven't been taken back to that time were shit like that bothered me in some time but she really got under my skin. I guess some part of me feels guilty for some reason but I'm not sure that's it. I don't know why it bothered me so much.

Parallax

I've never seen more than 3 episodes of any gundam. Macross was my shit for the longest time

macross is that shit. but frontier is horrible.

I don't really vent to black gaf but the other day this coworker that is trying really really hard with me started trying to shame me because of my ex that I was at the time going to go see. I haven't been taken back to that time were shit like that bothered me in some time but she really got under my skin. I guess some part of me feels guilty for some reason but I'm not sure that's it. I don't know why it bothered me so much.

wait, so she wants you, and is upset that you are seeing your ex?

Dali

macross is that shit. but frontier is horrible.

wait, so she wants you, and is upset that you are seeing your ex?
I'm not "seeing" my ex in a romantic sense but I was on my way to her place. She (the coworker) wants me and even though I like talking to her sometimes and some might even say she's attractive I'm not attracted to her.

Parallax

I'm not "seeing" my ex in a romantic sense but I was on my way to her place. She (the coworker) wants me and even though I like talking to her sometimes and some might even say she's attractive I'm not attracted to her.

so then you havent led her on, and you arent seeing your ex. what is there to be guilty about?

Dali

so then you havent led her on, and you arent seeing your ex. what is there to be guilty about?
I really don't think I've lead her on. Every time she tries to get me to go somewhere I don't go. The guilt comes her brow beating me for dating someone that's not black. Never gave a shit before but she just kept making snide comments like "if that's your thing...."

I really don't think I've lead her on. Every time she tries to get me to go somewhere I don't go. The guilt comes her brow beating me for dating someone that's not black. Never gave a shit before but she just kept making snide comments like "if that's your thing...."

You know what your thing should be? Not giving a fuck about what other people think about who you date.

People need to stop this shit. In any direction.

Dali

People need to stop this shit. In any direction.
Tell that to Southern black women.

You know what your thing should be? Not giving a fuck about what other people think about who you date.
I've been immune to it for most of my life. I have no idea why she bothered me so much. I think it may have something to do with the fact I can appreciate some would see her as attractive but I'm not attracted to her. On top of that the singular person I work with that I find attractive is white. But I know I really don't give a shit about race. I just know what I'm attracted to and it has nothing to do with race. It just all made a perfect storm of actually affecting me whereas it's really been just white noise to me in the past.

08th MS team was the shit.

I made a Lady Une create a character on Soul 4 using Mitsurugi's style. So jam.

Toonami used to air the uncut versions on the Midnight Run. That gif , especially after what dude just did was ice cold.

...and yet, was still tame compared to some shit that happened in the OG series. They gave no fucks about killing characters.

08th, Mobile Suit, and Gundam Wing are my favorites, and one of the big reasons I judge anime so hard now. Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Trigun, og Fist, are some of the others.

Kreed

Tell that to Southern black women.

I've been immune to it for most of my life. I have no idea why she bothered me so much. I think it may have something to do with the fact I can appreciate some would see her as attractive but I'm not attracted to her. On top of that the singular person I work with that I find attractive is white. But I know I really don't give a shit about race. I just know what I'm attracted to and it has nothing to do with race. It just all made a perfect storm of actually affecting me whereas it's really been just white noise to me in the past.

Since your coworker is someone you could see being attractive to other people and is attracted to you, it is causing her opinion to register in your mind vs other people who have made those comments to you and you want to "prove her wrong" to ease your guilt. You can't let it bother you though. She is telling herself that bullshit to make herself feel better about the rejection, so you can't let her pass on that negativity to you and mess up your day.

BHZ Mayor

Fixed for dat cartoon network edit

Man DBZ was ridiculous with that "destroy" shit since they stopped saying "next dimension." Funny thing is, I don't know what they were trying to accomplish, since even before I knew the deal with it being a censored import, I always thought "next dimension" was a euphemism for the afterlife since the deaths were such a huge plot point that they couldn't censor their way around them.

Village

Man DBZ was ridiculous with that "destroy" shit since they stopped saying "next dimension." Funny thing is, I don't know what they were trying to accomplish, since even before I knew the deal with it being a censored import, I always thought "next dimension" was a euphemism for the afterlife since the deaths were such a huge plot point that they couldn't censor their way around them.

But it made sense.

Because the thought of sending someone to the next dimension in a world like DBZ might just be a show of strength, and the realms of the afterlife were presented as dimensions.

Also death is meaningless in DBZ so it might as well be a vacation in another dimension.

Trey

I was a Robotech kid back in the day but I rewatched it recently and it didn't hold up. However, I will always have fond memories of Robotech for the GC. Game was dope.

Gorillaz

Made the mistake of eating at a grease truck again

If there is only one thing yall can remember from me in life is never get 2 hot dogs and a burger after a night out.

Gorillaz

Side note but the fact that they destroy everything
actually got annoying after awhile. Mountains and cities collapsed from one fight. I don't know how an entire planet is left after a DBZ arc
Lol

zero_suit

Yugioh was the funniest with that Shadow Realm bullshit.

Dali

Since your coworker is someone you could see being attractive to other people and is attracted to you, it is causing her opinion to register in your mind vs other people who have made those comments to you and you want to "prove her wrong" to ease your guilt. You can't let it bother you though. She is telling herself that bullshit to make herself feel better about the rejection, so you can't let her pass on that negativity to you and mess up your day.

Lol she literally did say that something along those lines, like 'that has to be it. Either you only like white women or I'm ugly'. I think she may have been drunk at the time now that I think back on how extra aggressive she was.

Oh snap anime talk?

DBZ was the GOAT when I was younger. I'm still a huge fan but I feel it's been pushed away by the other Animes with less episodes.

My favourite Animes have all mostly been under 50-70 episodes except for Monster.

I'm trying to get into Code Geass right now and I hate the design. Does it get better? (On first episode).

Also I hate shit with robots and shit. Could never get into Gundam wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom