• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I love Bill Murray, but he heard he could be a bit of an ass to work with. Like that one story where he told Lucy Liu she couldn't act during the filming of a scene.

Was he really being an asshole if he was telling the truth?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I liked Lost in Translation but it's definitely not for everyone. It really nails how I've felt about jet lag and living in unfamiliar places to me.
Was he really being an asshole if he was telling the truth?
Haha I never heard that story before. Lucy is a beautiful woman but she definitely has a very limited range. But if that story is to be believed there are plenty of male actors who are the same if not worse and I don't hear about Murray telling them off so...yeah that is asshole territory.

That being said most stories I've heard about Murray are positive but who really knows what is PR spin and what is real?

reilo

Haha I never heard that story before. Lucy is a beautiful woman but she definitely has a very limited range. But if that story is to be believed there are plenty of male actors who are the same if not worse and I don't hear about Murray telling them off so...yeah that is asshole territory.

That being said most stories I've heard about Murray are positive but who really knows what is PR spin and what is real?

Bill Murray gets a lifetime pass for making a cameo as himself in a fucking zombie movie.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Bill Murray gets a lifetime pass for making a cameo as himself in a fucking zombie movie.
I've never seen a film with him in it that I didn't like.
It's a secret.
6dwOZJz.png

I love Bill Murray, but he heard he could be a bit of an ass to work with. Like that one story where he told Lucy Liu she couldn't act during the filming of a scene.

I'm pretty sure it's well known that he's a dick. But he doesn't seem to clash with the production crew he works with and he's great at what he does so no one cares. As opposed to Chase who is also a huge dick but he clashes with everyone, which causes his career problems here and there.

No one ever talks about it.

TSW has, hands down, the best lore and stories in any MMO ever. The problem is the mechanics and combat animations are so damn generic that it isn't all that enjoyable to do the grinding that's necessary to really excel in the game. I would absolutely recommend that anyone who's played MMO's get it on sale and use the first month to play it just for the atmosphere, lore, and stories. They have a type of quest called Investigations that actually require people to do internet research on the topics to solve the puzzles and complete the quests. The game even has a built in browser to help facilitate that.

TSW has, hands down, the best lore and stories in any MMO ever. The problem is the mechanics and combat animations are so damn generic that it isn't all that enjoyable to do the grinding that's necessary to really excel in the game. I would absolutely recommend that anyone who's played MMO's get it on sale and use the first month to play it just for the atmosphere, lore, and stories. They have a type of quest called Investigations that actually require people to do internet research on the topics to solve the puzzles and complete the quests. The game even has a built in browser to help facilitate that.

Yea the animations are kinda wack, but I'm rocking pistols and AR so the animations don't bother me. I actually like the mechanics themselves, but the animations are just wack af overall. But I'm enjoying it. The lore and storywriting is hands down amazing, best I've ever played to include The Old Republic (Agent)

Yea the animations are kinda wack, but I'm rocking pistols and AR so the animations don't bother me. I actually like the mechanics themselves, but the animations are just wack af overall. But I'm enjoying it. The lore and storywriting is hands down amazing, best I've ever played to include The Old Republic (Agent)

My issue with the mechanics is that it's the typical gear grind/gearscore and raiding stuff. I haven't played in awhile but the last time I did the community had fallen into the Gated trap of "must have XX to join this group" and after years of playing that I've grown tired of it. It's standard fare for MMO's though so people who aren't burnt on it will like it.

The stuff that always draws me back to the game, even if only for a short while, is when they do the out of game ARGs. So damn intriguing. They haven't done one in a long time though. May not be worth the cost for them at this point.

welcome back AE

Didn't Chevy talk shit about Community? like when he was still on it? haha

Full blown fights on set (and off set) with the Showrunner. Stupid complaints and tantrums on set about lines. Showed up late all the time throwing everything off. He was a terror. And he was only brought on the show because the network wanted a big name in the cast. He's gone now though.

J10

Banned
Chevy publicly said more than once that he was only doing Community for the money. He did not like the gig at all, which is a shame because I liked him on it.

My issue with the mechanics is that it's the typical gear grind/gearscore and raiding stuff. I haven't played in awhile but the last time I did the community had fallen into the Gated trap of "must have XX to join this group" and after years of playing that I've grown tired of it. It's standard fare for MMO's though so people who aren't burnt on it will like it.

The stuff that always draws me back to the game, even if only for a short while, is when they do the out of game ARGs. So damn intriguing. They haven't done one in a long time though. May not be worth the cost for them at this point.

I haven't gotten to the whole gear check shit yet.I'm having fun with how "leveling" works. And the skill names are just dope.

Crazy how I never heard of this

And that is the problem. The only advertisement I saw for it was on escapist. I didnt know it was an MMO until I saw someone do a lets play. Its bad when you have to search for a newer game. This was all about a year or so ago.

Also welcome back to the show Angelus. You were missed.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I liked what I played of the Secret World. The quest limit took some getting used to, but otherwise it was fine.

Yea I'm enjoying TSW much more than ever enjoyed Conan.

And that is the problem. The only advertisement I saw for it was on escapist. I didnt know it was an MMO until I saw someone do a lets play. Its bad when you have to search for a newer game. This was all about a year or so ago.

Also welcome back to the show Angelus. You were missed.

Appreciate it, I've learned my lesson with this banning.

Just know your work will be rewarded. Project Wakanda is proceeding as plan.

You have a suitcase big enough to put a carrier in? What do you have a bag of holding?

Gotta get a smal carrier for the plane. Got a soft since like 11 in is allowed in height. The height for the hard carrier is insane. 7 inches. The hell is the pet supposed to do, just lie on it's side the whole time?

If I'm lucky, I actually get to play the game. Most days, I'm either filling out spreadsheets, writing/editing bug reports, or getting assigned to hit a monster over...and over...and over...and over...and hope it breaks so I can write a bug another report. It's tedious as fuck and I work long ass hours so even with only two weeks under my belt, Christmas was lovely. lll

Still, my job is better than most (it's enjoyable in spurts, and the pay is good) and should be a stepping stone to something better if I make the right moves. So I can't complain too much.

You're only a few weeks in, so hang in there. Your tune might change in 6 months though.

I never got the appeal of Twitch/Youtube watching people play games. But after watching this twitch stream I kinda understand how some people's commentary on the games they're playing can keep people coming back. I've been cracking up watching Spockmolester play various MMOs.

BCT Lets Play....

With Commentary by various members. Basically clowning over a game and cracking jokes over someone either fucking up real bad or what a game. Im talking some serious MST3K shit.

My friends and I did that shit while playing SF4 with the mic on. We gave the mic to one of my boys while a friend of mine was running shop with Cammy. So much fun. Damn wish I had recorded it.

He was the worst voice actor in the Ghostbusters game, lol. Pretty much put zero effort into it compared to everyone else, was tough to get ahold of, and didn't even want to do half the lines written for it. I guess video games are beneath him.

Ackroyd was a pro though.

Gorillaz

got the Mass trilogy

ME1 feels dated as FUCK is it worth finishing it or should I just jump to ME2? Would my character still move over? This game feels just rough playing

cdyhybrid

PC parts ordered. Probably (hopefully) getting them all by late next week. Going to be partying from tomorrow night straight through NYE and have 1/1 off, so it should get here pretty quickly.

got the Mass trilogy

ME1 feels dated as FUCK is it worth finishing it or should I just jump to ME2? Would my character still move over? This game feels just rough playing

Soldier through that shit. Its worth it and you get a full fill of the story. Regardless of the shittastic final moments in 3, the overall is worth a damn.

Personally ME1 was my favorite of the trilogy.

Gorillaz

Soldier through that shit. Its worth it and you get a full fill of the story. Regardless of the shittastic final moments in 3, the overall is worth a damn.

Personally ME1 was my favorite of the trilogy.

Idk. This game isn't even that "old" but from a pure gameplay standpoint it feels ancient as fuck. Just shooting mechanics and cover alone are pissing me off

reilo

Idk. This game isn't even that "old" but from a pure gameplay standpoint it feels ancient as fuck. Just shooting mechanics and cover alone are pissing me off
Most wRPGs do. The "it" thing for ME series back in their day was the dialog wheel.

Nakazato

BCT Lets Play....

With Commentary by various members. Basically clowning over a game and cracking jokes over someone either fucking up real bad or what a game. Im talking some serious MST3K shit.

My friends and I did that shit while playing SF4 with the mic on. We gave the mic to one of my boys while a friend of mine was running shop with Cammy. So much fun. Damn wish I had recorded it.

A BCT Let's Play would be hilarious.
See morris ppl want this

Im gonna snatch up ME on PSN and give it a playthrough after my Fallout 3 playthrough. I wanna experience this again to see that drastic change. January I will do this.

lol, I applied to Valve using an outlook.com email address, and just noticed that the confirmation email Valve sent back was placed in the junk folder.

dat MS salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom