• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
1484706_214239675438248_1063429196_n.png

Wow. Killed em'.

My pops was on that whooty back in the 80's though. Represent.

This is the internet. there are really only two categories. GOTY or flaming pile of shit.

fixed

Its always funny to go IMDB.com and look up the ratings on a popular movie. 10/10 and 1/10 are almost always the most popular choices. No in betweens, no pretty good, just Greatest Thing Ever and a Sack of Shit

When's the last time you even seen a 1/10 movie

not even After Earth was that bad, c'mon now

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
fixed

Its always funny to go IMDB.com and look up the ratings on a popular movie. 10/10 and 1/10 are almost always the most popular choices. No in betweens, no pretty good, just Greatest Thing Ever and a Sack of Shit

When's the last time you even seen a 1/10 movie

not even After Earth was that bad, c'mon now

The Family

Jimmy Kimmel for absolutely no point but laughs, hilarious.

Black parents do the same to motivate better behavior and performance? Fuck those pieces of shit!! Bad grades are the result of a whole host of complex issues that they cannot even understand.

and "you know that niggas can't read"?

Slayven

Black parents do the same to motivate better behavior and performance? Fuck those pieces of shit!! Bad grades are the result of a whole host of complex issues that they cannot even understand.

I can't understand their language.

Onemic

Those parents and that uncle are pieces of shit.

Kids almost never have those moments of realization that they "better get their shit together", what's gonna determine if the kid gets his act together is continued discipline and guidance, whatever that entails exactly depends on what he responds to.

Really, this one humiliating moment isn't gonna do much in either direction except for maybe make him want to act out in the short term.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I almost beat an old man's ass today in uniform. Thank God for good friends that know you better than you know yourself.

The legacy of anti-Black racism is that Black struggle gets deemed the property of all other social justice struggles. The symbols and tactics of Black struggle are deemed the common property of all. Black people are required to show solidarity with other oppressed communities, without other struggles owing solidarity to Black communities. Black oppression is always analogized to other forms of oppression in a manner that disappears Black oppression itself. It is presumed we already know everything about Black oppression, so we can just use it as an empty signifier to explain other oppressions. Thus, once again, while the defenses of Sacco do not defend her remarks per se, Black suffering becomes an empty signifier to talk about the ethics of twitter outrage. We supposedly know all about anti-Black racism, so we do not need to concern ourselves further with that. We just need to concern ourselves with the plight of those who make anti-Black statements.

http://andrea366.wordpress.com/2013...s-on-bds-anti-black-racism-and-justine-sacco/

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The Last of Us
won Giant Bomb's goty..anyone else feel the same way?

Guess I should finish it

cdyhybrid

Buying my new graphics card got me these games for free:

AC4: Black Flag
Splinter Cell: Black List
Total War: Rome II
Arkham Origins

I guess now would be a good time to finally try an AC game.

Gorillaz

Still havn't heard all of day 4 but not surprised it won. People thought Jeff alone would be the deciding factor but he isn't the type to start shit over something he doesn't like.

The Last of Us
won Giant Bomb's goty..anyone else feel the same way?

Guess I should finish it

The Last of Us is my GOTY. Can't hate on GTAV or Bioshock Infinite getting it either, I'd even nod if someone said Dota despite never playing a second of it. The crackness of Dota 2 is obvious.

We're here for you DV if you've decided you've hit rock bottom.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Deciding which game, or film, is goty or foty is kinda difficult for me. I guess my GOTY is Risk of Rain, Assault on Dragon's Keep, or Super Mario 3D World. I didn't have time or the money to play to much (saw a bunch of films though).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Afternoon was so stupid. I was moving the rest of my stuff out of my old place today and got hit with the biggest combo of "Excuse me, sir, but you look like you're up to no good - let me introduce myself and see if you show any indicators of being actively involved in a crime" shit in less than 30 minutes.
The only reason why I haven't bought it is because I've heard it is really short.

Its not a once through type of game at all. If you can get it for 20 bucks, you'll definitely get your money's worth and then some.

Slayven

Afternoon was so stupid. I was moving the rest of my stuff out of my old place today and got hit with the biggest combo of "Excuse me, sir, but you look like you're up to no good - let me introduce myself and see if you show any indicators of being actively involved in a crime" shit in less than 30 minutes.

Its not a once through type of game at all. If you can get it for 20 bucks, you'll definitely get your money's worth and then some.

You do fit the description of several suspects.

Pixar never ceases to amaze me with the little details they add to their projects. My kid wanted to watch Toy Story of Terror today and as we're watching it I noticed that
when the eBid auction of Woody is won, the address printed on the shipping label is for Al of Al's Toy Barn.

It's actually very hard to see when just watching casually. You pretty much have to pause to look for it but my wife brought up the "wouldn't it be funny if...?" so I indulged and sure enough there it was. Pretty cool stuff.

I saw Avengers in the imax theater and the woman next to me was describing everything that happened every other scene. Iron Man's sacrifice scene was ruined because of her

My mom sat next to a guy like that for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, dude was like performing the radio version for the blind or some shit. "That's a big pumpkin!"

J10

Banned
My mom sat next to a guy like that for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, dude was like performing the radio version for the blind or some shit. "That's a big pumpkin!"

While watching King Kong at a midnight showing there was this dude who like every 15 minutes would yell out, 'THIS SHIT IS WACK!' He sat through all 3 hours even though he was clearly not enjoying himself.

I swear, Harlem niggas...

Slayven

Last movie I saw in theaters was Spiderman 2. After the feels I got from the subway car scene, I vowed never to go to the theaters again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom