• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Why dudes always gotta comes to blows? Over bball no less.

Who here is up on the pokemons? I haven't played since black and white when Nintendo discovered the internet. I left a pokemon sleeping on the site, is all that shit gone?

Shouldn't be. I left a dude on there for nearly nine months and still got it back.

harSon

Banned
Bro, I feel the same way. I was in a theory class last semester and I am just sick of talking about movies. Got to the point where I just drop a sentence saying if I like a film or not.

Yeah, Film Theory will do that to you Lol. I was juggling the two for a while, but after one semester in particular, I ended up writing ~70 pages worth of Film essays that were due in a week span. I just couldn't bring myself to write another word about film on a forum. Hell, I think I went MIA from the forum for a good two years haha.

Its some of the best shit I've ever seen (animated).

I'm a few more episodes in. Shit is real good.

harSon

Banned
And ugh, have to pick up/sign my brother out of county jail tonight -_- ...... Midnight too... why jails gotta inconvenience the family too? And fuck family fuck ups.

Yeah, Film Theory will do that to you Lol. I was juggling the two for a while, but after one semester in particular, I ended up writing ~70 pages worth of Film essays that were due in a week span. I just couldn't bring myself to write another word about film on a forum. Hell, I think I went MIA from the forum for a good two years haha.

Bro for the final we had to read a 120 page paper written by the professor that was assigned to us two nights before. Watch 10 movies and write 3-5 pages on each of them plus a fucking 200 question test. It was a nightmare. Glad I am done with those classes and just get to focus on editing.

EDIT: Oh where in the fuck is The King of Comedy blu-ray? It's a shame it isn't out yet.

harSon

Banned
Bro for the final we had to read a 120 page paper written by the professor that was assigned to us two nights before. Watch 10 movies and write 3-5 pages on each of them plus a fucking 200 question test. It was a nightmare. Glad I am done with those classes and just get to focus on editing.

Yeah man, fuck some of those readings for film classes. Was that for Film Theory? I don't even remember what we did in Film Theory... Guess I've mentally blocked it. Just remember the fact that it was some bullshit Lol. We started tying together film and Freud's mirror stage, and I was like fuck this and shut my brain off.

And fuck professors with bad tastes in films. I remember I was excited to take a Female Director's class, since my exposure to such was laughable, but my professor was depressed as all hell, and every fucking film she chose was some obscure foreign melodramatic depression fest. I went to class about 3 times the whole quarter and ended up marathoning 18 movies (each with an assigned reading or two) the Sunday morning before the final. Would have been more, but I had thankfully seen a few of the other ones. I had to watch the last 4 or so movies at 2x speed because I was running out of fucking time.

ReiGun

The only thing I remember about pokemon is that Blastoise and charizard were strait G

LUB3yaD.gif

Gorillaz

^Havn't seen that one. Also I'm still waiting for a good live action movie of Pokemon but then I remembered how Transformers evolved over the years after 1st one. Don't think my kid self can take another hit like it did after those movies.....

Maybe, it's best Pokemon hasn't had a live feature film yet.

Aim_Ed

We all know blastoise would rip charizard apart.

Hitler kinda fixed the economic issue in Germany, but there was no context to what she said and she brought up Charles Manson so it pissed me off.

Should I have even said anything?
I rarely ever see stupid posts on my facebook feed.

Trey

^Havn't seen that one. Also I'm still waiting for a good live action movie of Pokemon but then I remembered how Transformers evolved over the years after 1st one. Don't think my kid self can take another hit like it did after those movies.....

Maybe, it's best Pokemon hasn't had a live feature film yet.

goodness no.

I'm not joking. My family is full of dumb rednecks. This last week I have been slaying them about the Duck Dynasty shit. It's cool though because I don't like them anyways. They're just on my list because they are my dad's family.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Watching Wolverine and mannnn they just had to fine the skinniest woman in the Pacific for this role? cmonman

And that other girl? I know she's got something wrong with her.

ReiGun

Three weeks as a tester and I still enjoy it...but I'm also starting to see why Esco told me to get out as fast as possible. lol

DominoKid

yeah i'm 7 months out and this shit is already old. hopefully it breaks soon. still waiting to hear back from 2 opportunities.
i'd be ready to pull my hair out after a year.

Three weeks as a tester and I still enjoy it...but I'm also starting to see why Esco told me to get out as fast as possible. lol

so do you just playtest levels or what?

ReiGun

so do you just playtest levels or what?
If I'm lucky, I actually get to play the game. Most days, I'm either filling out spreadsheets, writing/editing bug reports, or getting assigned to hit a monster over...and over...and over...and over...and hope it breaks so I can write a bug another report. It's tedious as fuck and I work long ass hours so even with only two weeks under my belt, Christmas was lovely. lll

Still, my job is better than most (it's enjoyable in spurts, and the pay is good) and should be a stepping stone to something better if I make the right moves. So I can't complain too much.

Drove cat around today in carrier. She was not pleased. Brought her home. She mad. Put carrier in my suitcase before letting her out. She hops out of carrier when I open it, then hops back in real quick. She's not mad afterwards, does her thing, I think she knows man...

Slayven

If I'm lucky, I actually get to play the game. Most days, I'm either filling out spreadsheets, writing/editing bug reports, or getting assigned to hit a monster over...and over...and over...and over...and hope it breaks so I can write a bug another report. It's tedious as fuck and I work long ass hours so even with only two weeks under my belt, Christmas was lovely. lll

Still, my job is better than most (it's enjoyable in spurts, and the pay is good) and should be a stepping stone to something better if I make the right moves. So I can't complain too much.
Just know your work will be rewarded. Project Wakanda is proceeding as plan.
Drove cat around today in carrier. She was not pleased. Brought her home. She mad. Put carrier in my suitcase before letting her out. She hops out of carrier when I open it, then hops back in real quick. She's not mad afterwards, does her thing, I think she knows man...
You have a suitcase big enough to put a carrier in? What do you have a bag of holding?

I love Bill Murray, but he heard he could be a bit of an ass to work with. Like that one story where he told Lucy Liu she couldn't act during the filming of a scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom