• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gotten to the point where he's willing to give us money just to invest in something. I can tell he really just wants to help us out, so even just for his sake, I'm gonna start taking it seriously.

A friend of mine had a thing for a girl. The girl was in a car accident and she lost an entire arm. Is it fucked up that he stopped finding her attractive?

IF he was only physically attracted then maybe I can see a reason to move on. But if he was actually into her as a person, its kind of shallow.

JohnDoe

Banned
A friend of mine had a thing for a girl. The girl was in a car accident and she lost an entire arm. Is it fucked up that he stopped finding her attractive?

Life is fucking unfair but I couldn't possibly judge him for not being attracted to her anymore, I'd never know what it's like.

On an unrelated note, I get the point of credits but the credits on AC: Brotherhood are killing me. Damn, so many people worked on that game holy fuck.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Life is fucking unfair but I couldn't possibly judge him for not being attracted to her anymore, I'd never know what it's like.

On an unrelated note, I get the point of credits but the credits on AC: Brotherhood are killing me. Damn, so many people worked on that game holy fuck.

Funny enough, after the credits of AC games, i always watch the credits of other games out of respect for those devs.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Investing is something that I need to look into. I wish I had someone explain it to me when I was younger. :/ I would have been made the jump.

The Swapper is fucking great. I've been able to catch up on some games due to the holidays. The Swapper, Rogue Legacy, and Risk of Rain are in my indie game trifecta atm.

JohnDoe

Banned
Funny enough, after the credits of AC games, i always watch the credits of other games out of respect for those devs.

lmao, that's why I was surprised. I always try to watch credits in movies/games for the same reason but AC caught me off guard.
I ain't mad though, the game was great.

FyreWulff

Halo Anniversary is up there in credit length too.

Best part is they don't show the Bungie logo when they show the Bungie credits. Hey guys, thanks for making us relevant in the console space. Let's sandblast your logo out of the entire game

Microsoft has now or is about to release 3 "10 year anniversary" games (Perfect Dark, Halo, and soon Fable). None of them had the original developer work on them.. even though the original developer still exists

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
For a lot of devs, who never get known, interviewed or even seen during the course of a dev cycle, and subsequent PR campaign, that brief sighting of their name in the credits is HUGE for them.

While i understand that even vets of the industry don't want to sit through 15 minutes of credits roll though. Thankfully we introduced the ability to skip those now (or at least speed them up)

I tried to make a sandwich while ACB credits were rolling. Didn't have that spicy mustard I wanted, so I drove to the store round the corner, hit on this girl unsuccessfully all Slayven like, came back, made the sandwich, ate it

dem mothafuckas were STILL ROLLING

Gorillaz

GTA 5's were just as bad

By the time the credits ended I was already married with 2 kids in college and a grandson on the way

FyreWulff

For a lot of devs, who never get known, interviewed or even seen during the course of a dev cycle, and subsequent PR campaign, that brief sighting of their name in the credits is HUGE for them.

While i understand that even vets of the industry don't want to sit through 15 minutes of credits roll though. Thankfully we introduced the ability to skip those now (or at least speed them up)

Still a shame people can work on a game for most of the dev period and get deleted from the credits over office politics.

It's something that definitely happens though. Or someone does all the foundation design work and gets moved to "Special Thanks" because they left a month before ship.

(Post not directed at Ubisoft)

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I tried to make a sandwich while ACB credits were rolling. Didn't have that spicy mustard I wanted, so I drove to the store round the corner, hit on this girl unsuccessfully all Slayven like, came back, made the sandwich, ate it

Satch would be proud! Damn Slay lol

Still a shame people can work on a game for most of the dev period and get deleted from the credits over office politics.

It's something that definitely happens though. Or someone does all the foundation design work and gets moved to "Special Thanks" because they left a month before ship.

(Post not directed at Ubisoft)

I hear ya, and agree 100%

lol, you kinda called this out earlier, but: Kinect Star Wars credits - 22 minutes. So much outsourcing done on that game...like 5 different developers helped on Jedi stuff alone, never mind all the other modes. There were a bunch of random prototypes and levels that never got into the full game also
some of those were more fun that what shipped in the real game, imo

Slayven

lol, you kinda called this out earlier, but: Kinect Star Wars credits - 22 minutes. So much outsourcing done on that game...like 5 different developers helped on Jedi stuff alone, never mind all the other modes. There were a bunch of random prototypes and levels that never got into the full game also
some of those were more fun that what shipped in the real game, imo

I want that soundtrack on vinyl, so i can get that vacuum tube sound.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
what's the verdict on the expendables? thinking about watching 1 and 2 later tonight

those movies always start out cool then get lamer and lamer towards the end.

that being said, I will be line for 3 like an idiot.

BlackJace

What's with the dudes in the "my acquaintance is threatening me" thread? I get not wanting to shy away from fights, but you can't mess around with people nowadays versus back in the day. If I'm getting threats from known psychos, I know it's not the time to beat my chest and blindly throw down.

what's the verdict on the expendables? thinking about watching 1 and 2 later tonight

I liked them both. TE2 is better paced though, there's less downtime between action sequences.

Slayven

What's with the dudes in the "my acquaintance is threatening me" thread? I get not wanting to shy away from fights, but you can't mess around with people nowadays versus back in the day. If I'm getting threats from known psychos, I know it's not the time to beat my chest and blindly throw down.

I liked them both. TE2 is better paced though, there's less downtime between action sequences.

Folks are just crazy, I am not a punk about my shit. But I ain't taking no chances. I treat every heighten situation like the other person is one step away from popping the trunk and getting some hardware.

BlackJace

Folks are just crazy, I am not a punk about my shit. But I ain't taking no chances. I treat every heighten situation like the other person is one step away from popping the trunk and getting some hardware.

Yeah it's just different these days, it's shoot first ask questions later. I ain't about that.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Tough guys on the internet, I swear. Mother fuckers are bullet proof, know seven styles of martial arts, and can manhandle bears. Bunch of regular ass dudes thinking they're Kratos n shit.

RealGAF is worth if only for Plywood's beautiful face

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom