• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have fucked up my leg doing crunches. I don't wanna make a big thing about it but Web MD got me shook.

-Sharp pain starting from the back of my upper right thigh going all the way down that leg whenever I bend over.

-At first it hurt whenever I bent that leg, but now I can bend it just fine. It's just bending over and twisting my torso to the right that hurts.

-Slight numbness in my right leg.

-No discoloration.

It's two in the morning and I'm snowed in so I don't have much choice other than to see how it is in the morning.

Leg Raises>>>>>> crunches

I know, but Gina was like the only action type of black woman I saw for a bit on TV back in early 2000's. I remember her in Alias whooping Jennifer Garner's ass for a bit. It was fun to watch.

She was also in that low production Saturday afternoon futuristic Cleopatra show.

After those shows the only thing I've recognized her in was DC animated stuff. Closest we gonna get to a black Wonder Woman.

I remeber that show it used to come on after that Pamela Anderson bodyguard show, which came on after that crappy virtual reality show

Obligatory

It was Cleopatra 2525, Jack of all Trades, VR5(?), Sliders, VIP. But you are all missing that fucking hotness that was Team Knight Rider.

(TKR was some bullshit. I mean real bullshit.)
The Foundation for Law and Government..... FFLAG..... jesus so bad.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

yeah her.
whew.png

I don't even watch suits regularly, but if I did it would be for her.

Also cool Aisha Tyler is here.... In theory

I mean when I was a marketing intern many moons ago I use to run a lot of celebrity legitimate social media accounts. I really don't think those people have time to kill online being social. Last I heard she's on that show the Talk and does Archer and does a podcast, not to mention a normal life.... I can't see her having a lot of time to surf here.

But hey I'm a cynic maybe she finds Gaf a cool place to waste the time she does have.

yeah her.
whew.png

I don't even watch suits regularly, but if I did it would be for her.

Also cool Aisha Tyler is here.... In theory

I mean when I was a marketing intern many moons ago I use to run a lot of celebrity legitimate social media accounts. I really don't think those people have time to kill online being social. Last I heard she's on that show the Talk and does Archer and does a podcast, not to mention a normal life.... I can't see her having a lot of time to surf here.

But hey I'm a cynic maybe she finds Gaf a cool place to waste the time she does have.

50 post ain't setting the world on fire. It would be cool to get another female perspective in here to break up the chicken wars/anime/drake shame/random Twitter Facebook SMH cycle.

50 post ain't setting the world on fire. It would be cool to get another female perspective in here to break up the chicken wars/anime/drake shame/random Twitter Facebook SMH cycle.

What, Devo, Satch, and myself aren't good enough for you? :)

It would be cool if Aisha Tyler were here, and considering her interests, I wouldn't be surprised if she did dip a toe into Gaming Side. But she's all about the hustle, and hanging out on GAF would slow that hustle down.

It would be cool if Aisha Tyler were here, and considering her interests, I wouldn't be surprised if she did dip a toe into Gaming Side. But she's all about the hustle, and hanging out on GAF would slow that hustle down.

The more the merrier.

I have no idea who you are.....sorry :3

Even Gaf doesn't give Aisha a pass. She has to be a junior member like the rest of us. /respect

Granted, she's probably gonna be a member before me. Not even mad.

Imm0rt4l

Brb professing my love to aisha tyler
Might have fucked up my leg doing crunches. I don't wanna make a big thing about it but Web MD got me shook.

-Sharp pain starting from the back of my upper right thigh going all the way down that leg whenever I bend over.

-At first it hurt whenever I bent that leg, but now I can bend it just fine. It's just bending over and twisting my torso to the right that hurts.

-Slight numbness in my right leg.

-No discoloration.

It's two in the morning and I'm snowed in so I don't have much choice other than to see how it is in the morning.
Probably pinched your sciatic nerve if you got leg numbness going on. Important to do dynamic stretches/mobility work prior to workouts. Situps are bad for your lowerback.

Im actually recovering from a lower back injury right now. Hit a squat pr of 405x10 one week and I was really feeling myself. The next week I hit my topset and on my 2nd rep I got lit the fuck up and ive hit that weigjt thousands of times. I didnt respect the weight and got made its bitch cuz or it. My back straight said fuck it. Couldnt touch my toes without being in pain for 2 weeks. Only been front squatting since. Feels bad man.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Satch don't come here no more, she don't count

Slayven

Some non-slayven member should make her aware of this thread
I feel almost offened.
This thread would turn into a nation of Drakes
Not like she is Satch or Aviator Devo.

I need to update my binders.

ReiGun

Woman hasn't even posted yet and y'all already simping. Y'all niggas thirsty.

Meanwhile, I trying to find some neighborhood kid to shovel this snow...

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Rewatching 24. I swear...Kim has to be one of the absolute worst characters to exist on TV. She doesn't use her brain at all in season 1 and 2.

Wow. They should have just cut it and gone in a different direction.

It's kinda silly that with all that goes on in 24, that is one of the most ridiculous things to ever occur.

The money was already spent and it being a first year show at the time they probably couldn't make a power move like that. I could see some executive now

"What do mean you don't want to use the cougar? You know how much of a shit storm we have to go through to get a god damn cougar?! I don't care if that girl contracted polio, you will use the fucking cougar!

What....the cougar bit her? Are you fucking kidding me? Can she walk? Good, then use the god damn cougar. I don't want to hear from you again unless the cougar ate her.

I feel like the reason threads like the minimum wage ones are full of people saying foolish things, is that when you hear words like poverty or minimum wage, the picture they get in their heads are "lazy minority".

Trey

I feel like the reason threads like the minimum wage ones are full of people saying foolish things, is that when you hear words like poverty or minimum wage, the picture they get in their heads are "lazy minority".

why do people hate poor people?

RedSwirl

Alright. Approx. 10 hours later.

Bending over hurts even more after getting out of bed. Sitting up straight hurts like a motherfucker.

Edit: Raising my left arm makes it hurt for some reason too. Might just do a general thread.

Bending over hurts even more after getting out of bed. Sitting up straight hurts like a motherfucker.

Edit: Raising my left arm makes it hurt for some reason too. Might just do a general thread.

Whatever it is, it does sound similar to a pinched nerve. I have two herniated discs and when it was swollen it caused a pinched nerve that resulted in pain in my back, leg, and loss of feeling. Definitely go get checked out.

harSon

Banned

Make a general thread, but schedule an appointment with a doctor as well. It's likely nothing too bad, but there's no reason to chance it.

I fucked up my lower back doing deadlifts a year ago. Just took some rest, pain medication and time to go away.

Edit: Damn I had a big ass head when I was little

Trey

I fucked up my lower back doing deadlifts a year ago. Just took some rest, pain medication and time to go away.

Same. I laid up in the bed like a baby for a day. If I ever hurt my back again I'm going straight to the doctor. I'm not going to be reduced to nothingness off of an injury like that.

harSon

Banned
Same. I laid up in the bed like a baby for a day. If I ever hurt my back again I'm going straight to the doctor. I'm not going to be reduced to nothingness off of an injury like that.

Yup, I mistook a legitimate back injury for mere workout soreness. I ended up taking some Motrin, attempting to tough it out, but ultimately fucking it up in a big way. Never again. First sign of back pain, I peace out the gym until that shit is feeling fine and dandy. Back injuries ain't nothing to play with. Shit'll have you struggling to do the most basic functions in life.

harSon

Banned
All I know is The Butler better not be nominated for any awards. Henry Lennix was right to turn down the role and put that shit on blast after reading the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom