• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

i am no ones enemy.

How far in are you? The first half of season one is when it's at its weakest, but it really hits its stride in the back half of the season, and S2 has been great so far.

a little more than half way through the 1st.

it's picked up a bit, but my mind hasn't been blown yet.

DominoKid

i never thought i'd see Texas football w/ a black head coach.
charlie-strong_medium.jpg

Kreed

He's the opposite, so he likes popeyes whereas dashing likes kfc.

That would confirm 'Dashing as the evil clone/twin brother that has been fooling everyone for the entire comic story arc into thinking he was the real Spin, but then later it will be revealed that he was the true Spin after 'Dasher causes BCT views to plummet.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Do me a favor, remind me to stay the fuck out of threads that bring out the Anime Girls Defense Force from now on.

Trey

Beyonce looks like she would make you have sex missionary only. Meanwhile, Kelly has a checklist.

Really. I guess it's her trying to maintain a classy image and it works for her, but I never found her sexy. Even on her recent album I'm like, "Yeah, okay." She's beautiful and all that and her body is right as rain, but her personality doesn't bring the same energy.

Rihanna look like she's into wax and whips and shit.

Really. I guess it's her trying to maintain a classy image and it works for her, but I never found her sexy. Even on her recent album I'm like, "Yeah, okay." She's beautiful and all that and her body is right as rain, but her personality doesn't bring the same energy.

Rihanna look like she's into wax and whips and shit.

Rihanna had Chris Brown and Drake throwing fists bottles at each other. Then Game comes and swoops her up out of nowhere. That was the funniest story ever, lol.

ReiGun

Beyonce seems like a boring person outside of her music and performances. She obviously has had interesting experiences, but whenever I see her talking about any of it, she just comes across as dull and without energy or personality. She's beautiful, but that really hurts her attractiveness, I feel.

Do me a favor, remind me to stay the fuck out of threads that bring out the Anime Girls Defense Force from now on.

You talking about that Bravely Default thread in gaming?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Just got done watching Wolf of Wall Street. That shit was ace and I can't recommend it enough. The entire crowd was really into it and laughing at damn near everything -- the comedic timing was amazing.

Small note, since the movie is 3 hours long: half the theater got up at some point to take a piss.

RedSwirl

1483265_564713066942085_1975761783_n_zps9d181090.jpg

My brother does that shit.

https://twitter.com/KanyeTheeType
Some choice selections:

Kanye West the type of nigga that send snapchats only to himself

Kanye west the type of nigga to wear both pieces to a Best Friends necklace.

Kanye West the type of nigga to go to a strip club and throw money on himself.

Kanye West the type of nigga to ask santa what he wants for Christmas.

Kanye West the type of nigga to sleep on your bed and make you sleep on the floor during a sleepover.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just got done watching Wolf of Wall Street. That shit was ace and I can't recommend it enough. The entire crowd was really into it and laughing at damn near everything -- the comedic timing was amazing.

Small note, since the movie is 3 hours long: half the theater got up at some point to take a piss.

Yeah it was the best comedy of the year by far...... The whole cousin conversation near the beginning is the craziest thing I've ever heard in a theater and just..... DiCaprio has earned "will always give a project he is on at least a chance" status alongside denzel, clooney, and tom hanks after this.

Also bey>Kelly but Kelly is far from wack and just based on experience she will likely age better than Bet.

reilo

Yeah it was the best comedy of the year by far...... The whole cousin conversation near the beginning is the craziest thing I've ever heard in a theater and just..... DiCaprio has earned "will always give a project he is on at least a chance" status alongside denzel, clooney, and tom hanks after this.

Only other movie I remember laughing and enjoying the comedy this much was This Is The End. Last time before that I felt that way in the theater was Superbad. I must have something for dark comedies with Jonah Hill in them.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
would the average ninja off the street enjoy wolf ?

cause the trailers make it seem like some rich guy doing stuff.

Zeus Molecules

Only other movie I remember laughing and enjoying the comedy this much was This Is The End. Last time before that I felt that way in the theater was Superbad. I must have something for dark comedies with Jonah Hill in them.

Yeah Jonah hill is amazing "Get him to the Greek" is an underrated comedy as well. but yeah would of wall street is pure dark rated R comedy. I can't think of a movie that had this few fucks to give coming out in theaters since the South park movie.

Yes the movie is about a bunch of normal dudes just conning everyone and living it up. Most the humor could of happened if the main character had won the lottery and decided to do all the shit everybody wishes they would do with money.

Plus so many titties in this movie......hnnng

reilo

It is, but it's balls-to-the-walls. I don't live in that world and I enjoyed it lol.

Yeah Jonah hill is amazing "Get him to the Greek" is an underrated comedy as well. but yeah would of wall street is pure dark rated R comedy. I can't think of a movie that had this few fucks to give coming out in theaters since the South park movie.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is probably my favorite comedy of the past decade. And again, Jonah Hill in it.

I also feel like Jonah isn't the same stereotyped character in every movie. I would've never pictured him as this dude back in the Superbad days.

Zeus Molecules

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is probably my favorite comedy of the past decade. And again, Jonah Hill in it.

I also feel like Jonah isn't the same stereotyped character in every movie. I would've never pictured him as this dude back in the Superbad days.

He gave an interview where he said he didn't want to be typecasted so yeah he does try to show his range. This guy he played though was such a bug out it was crazy.

reilo

He gave an interview where he said he didn't want to be typecasted so yeah he does try to show his range. This guy he played though was such a bug out it was crazy.

His interview on TDS where he said he was nervous as fuck for the reading was pretty good. He said he hasn't read/auditioned in six years, but he begged DiCaprio to get him in front of Scorcese and the casting director so he could be in the movie.

Zeus Molecules

His interview on TDS where he said he was nervous as fuck for the reading was pretty good. He said he hasn't read/auditioned in six years, but he begged DiCaprio to get him in front of Scorcese and the casting director so he could be in the movie.

Yeah he played the hell out of that role though so I'm glad he got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom