• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

that shit gets on my nerves.
People act like the entire superhero community is supposed to be on call whenever one of them gets into some shit.

The whole style of movie critique that relies on finding "plot holes" and being super logical always comes across as people trying too hard to appear like they have good taste. Yes, a movie should try to follow its own internal logic, but some dudes be reaching so hard.

You come at their waifus you best not miss.
Apparently.

I don't like the whole "it's always the anime avatars" mentality, but this is pretty damning evidence.

People are seriously gonna keep asking "DURR WHERE ARE THE AVENGERS!?" for every Marvel movie now

IDK nigga, doing their own adventures, who gives a fuck? this aint they story

ReiGun

Same thing has been happening with Arrow since they announced they were adding the Flash. "How can there ever be a sense of danger anymore knowing the Flash is around!!??!" Uh, I'm pretty sure Barry isn't going to be just sitting by the phone, waiting for Ollie to call him. He'll have his own shit to do.

Slayven

People act like the entire superhero community is supposed to be on call whenever one of them gets into some shit.

The whole style of movie critique that relies on finding "plot holes" and being super logical always comes across as people trying too hard to appear like they have good taste. Yes, a movie should try to follow its own internal logic, but some dudes be reaching so hard.

Apparently.

I don't like the whole "it's always the anime avatars" mentality, but this is pretty damning evidence.
It doesn't even follow real world logic. I am not going to call up my buddies everytime shit happens. Especially if you are use to dealing with shit yourself.

Anime avatars are always suspect. Oddly enough pony ones aren't usually.

People are seriously gonna keep asking "DURR WHERE ARE THE AVENGERS!?" for every Marvel movie now

IDK nigga, doing their own adventures, who gives a fuck? this aint they story

And making bank. folks keep shitting on what Marvel is doing, but thristy for Fox's xmen? That does not compute.

akira28

Ultimates took that shit to the next level though...

vv: it takes a special kind of way to hit your wasp-mutant girlfriend with skyscraper strength and then use an entire can of raid on her. (and yeah Ultimates Pym was legit a turncoat, cowardly, fundamentally flawed for no reason kinda guy. But that looks to have been the entire reason for the alt-line in the first place. so they could do horrible shit to and with their characters, just to do it. Just call it the girlfriend in a fridge universe.)

Slayven

Ultimates took that shit to the next level though...

vv: it takes a special kind of way to hit your wasp-mutant girlfriend with skyscraper strength and then use an entire can of raid on her. (and yeah Ultimates Pym was legit a turncoat, cowardly, fundamentally flawed for no reason kinda guy. But that looks to have been the entire reason for the alt-line in the first place. so they could do horrible shit to and with their characters, just to do it. Just call it the girlfriend in a fridge universe.)

Ultimates is hot garbage

akira28

They did give me a black spider man and a black Nick Fury though...

I will see that bald black man taking some gun he stole from Reed Richards, shooting a man-sized hole through the entire Ultimates continuity, and stepping through with an upset looking teenager on his back.

ReiGun

Anime avatars are always suspect. Oddly enough pony ones aren't usually.
Dudes with pony avatars have had threads meant specifically to insult and shame them, sometimes with people flat out calling them pedophiles, and they still manage to be more chill than anime dudes who can't handle people simply critiquing the stuff they like. Not them personally; just the shit they're into.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
They did give me a black spider man and a black Nick Fury though...

it did a good fantastic four and doom too. then the ultimate stink got to them both and polluted them. then ultimatum happened. the edge was ridiculous. i would be in support of completely rebooting the universe rather than wiping it out if marvel was aware of what went wrong and fixed it

Slayven

Dudes with pony avatars have had threads meant specifically to insult and shame them, sometimes with people flat out calling them pedophiles, and they still manage to be more chill than anime dudes who can't handle people simply critiquing the stuff they like. Not them personally; just the shit they're into.

And they be so serious about it. Spitting out thesis and shit, sometimes shit is not a good look and there is nothing you can do about it.

Eh, both sides of the "argument" in that Bravely Default thread had really dumb posts.

That thread was real shit, I'm glad it was locked.

DominoKid

is Space Dandy gonna be on the Adult Swim website? im cable-less this weekend.

been watching a lot of anime this week since i don't have the heart to start Homeland S2. i've heard too much bad stuff about the show.

Yamato 2199, Kuroko's Basketball, Tiger & Bunny and Gundam Build Fighters on deck.

Kreed

Yes, it is.

I mean the designs put me off for a bit but I think it'll work out. Dude hasn't let us down yet.

Dude made Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop, he can't fail. Hell, as long as the series isn't filled with underage girls in ridiculous outfits he's already won half the battle.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'll have a word with Aisha, don't worry Slay.

https://twitter.com/aishatyler/status/419512630416392192

ibt8aDacwuR0ZE.PNG

wat

Popeyes or KFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom