• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Wolf was decent. Had music video entertainment value: whole lotta flash and titties. And the "cousin marriage explanation" scene is great. But the conflict wasn't enough to carry the film and you don't really care that he's getting jammed up on some white collar charges you'd need to take a tax code regulations class to understand. At least the movie understood this, but all that's left is to revel in the ridiculousness that goes on which tops out around halfway through the film.

What's most impressive to me is how much of the foolishness in that movie actually happened, but as far as it being a film goes I would have preferred they just dropped any notion of accuracy and went all out.

Speaking of crime productions, I just wrapped up a The Wire binge (tm). Season 1, which I never actually seen before. It's crazy seeing these characters in new situations - like a prequel. The consistency between seasons is so organic that you could watch the seasons out of order and still get a feel on what's going on based on how shit plays out with the character dynamics.

As for the season on its own merits, it's good. Writing is a little stiff; for example, I was rolling my eyes when De'Angelo was teaching Bodie and Marshall how to play chess through drug game analogies. Also, everyone seems to sigh before they speak. And after. A minor quirk but you notice those in a show like the Wire.

Otherwise, it's not as action-driven as season 4 (what I think to be the show's magnum opus), and not as digestible. But the essence of the Wire is there in full, as scenes zip by and before you know it an hour is gone.

Not sure if it's gets me but man...I can't be bothered to associate myself with none of my family aside from my mother (& cool aunts) and uncle(wife & kids by proxy) only.

I know I'm an ass admittedly but I can't speak with my other family about anything. Too confrontational & negative.

Guess that's why I want to move out soonish

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
This Dark Souls is killing me.

what platform and what part of the game are you at ?

Not sure if it's gets me but man...I can't be bothered to associate myself with none of my family aside from my mother (& cool aunts) and uncle(wife & kids by proxy) only.

I know I'm an ass admittedly but I can't speak with my other family about anything. Too confrontational & negative.

nah man I feel you.

I only care for my mother and brother everybody else is whatever.

That would confirm 'Dashing as the evil clone/twin brother that has been fooling everyone for the entire comic story arc into thinking he was the real Spin, but then later it will be revealed that he was the true Spin after 'Dasher causes BCT views to plummet.
This is too real fam

Smh @ some of y'all thinking that I've been changing my avatar for the past few months when we've been two different people all along.

Still it is pretty ironic that both of us ended up being black. I was with y'all since the start though.
W68Ii.png

This is pretty much my life. My mom's side of the family is real chill, but my father's side of the family -- or at least the older generation -- is filled with liars, cheaters, and just overall bad people. I would be fine with not having to see those people for the rest of my life to be quite honest.

Kreed

I'll have a word with Aisha, don't worry Slay.

https://twitter.com/aishatyler/status/419512630416392192

I'll never understand the point of lies like this. You're going to get found out, why even attempt it/waste everyone's time? Especially on GAF where it takes so long to get approved to post. And why lie about being Aisha Tyler of all people?

At least it's not as bad as that Thundercats' poster. Dude had a whole imaginary Thundercats' insider world created for himself for a canceled cartoon show.

Slayven

I'll never understand the point of lies like this. You're going to get found out, why even attempt it/waste everyone's time? Especially on GAF where it takes so long to get approved to post. And why lie about being Aisha Tyler of all people?

At least it's not as bad as that Thundercats' poster. Dude had a whole imaginary Thundercats' insider world created for himself for a canceled cartoon show.

Poor Novid.

Gang, some dude tried to use my gaf profile as proof that I'm an xbot or something (haven't used that psn since 2011). And is confused why I was condescending when I told him my current psn.

People care so much about these consoles.

Slayven

Gang, some dude tried to use my gaf profile as proof that I'm an xbot or something (haven't used that psn since 2011). And is confused why I was condescending when I told him my current psn.

Link?

Dudes be traveling back in and time trying to pull your card. It is insanity.

Slayven

The ultimate card pulling was right before the original Dead Rising was release. This dude was shitting up threads shitting on the game. Dude fucked up and said he got it early. Mod asked for his gamer ID, cause now you actually see what games folks have played. Revolutionary shit. Dude shut and got banned.

I want to say it was Bish.

The ultimate card pulling was right before the original Dead Rising was release. This dude was shitting up threads shitting on the game. Dude fucked up and said he got it early. Mod asked for his gamer ID, cause now you actually see what games folks have played. Revolutionary shit. Dude shut and got banned.

I want to say it was Bish.

Yeah, I think that was what he was trying to pull. But I wasn't even shitting on the game in question, Resogun. I was just saying that when people are looking at Xbox One v. PS4, they're generally not saying, "well PS4 has Resogun!" Before I got into KZ multiplayer, Resogun was about the only thing keeping me from feeling I wasted a bit of change.

Just crazy that me, while holding my vita L proudly, got accused of being a MS fanboy for a pretty laid back opinion.

Slayven

Yeah, I think that was what he was trying to pull. But I wasn't even shitting on the game in question, Resogun. I was just saying that when people are looking at Xbox One v. PS4, they're generally not saying, "well PS4 has Resogun!" Before I got into KZ multiplayer, Resogun was about the only thing keeping me from feeling I wasted a bit of change.

Just crazy that me, while holding my vita L proudly, got accused of being a MS fanboy for a pretty laid back opinion.

In console wars, if you are not shouting their exact gospel, you are the enemy.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

yeah, novid pissed me off on hype alone. then you out he had nothing to do with it. and the show was a flaming mess

damn, y'all cold.. "why would you lie about being Aisha Tyler" as if she ain't cool enough to impersonate.

you don't get it man.... YOU are the problem. this whole situation could have been avoided if you had updated your PSN info in your NeoGAF profile so peeps could confirm that you played Resogun. then they wouldn't slick slander your rep with hipfire.

damn, y'all cold.. "why would you lie about being Aisha Tyler" as if she ain't cool enough to impersonate.

you don't get it man.... YOU are the problem. this whole situation could have been avoided if you had updated your PSN info in your NeoGAF profile so peeps could confirm that you played Resogun. then they wouldn't slick slander your rep with hipfire.

Hahaha, yeah. I'm fucking the game all up.

I hate to be an asshole but if being cheated on is like the worst thing that has happened to you by a loved one, consider yourself lucky.

Yo Parallax I read the first 12 issues of Nu52 Aquaman bro.

.....Gonna need a link...for research purposes.

Kelly ft Lil Wayne - Motivation

[Hook]
And when were done, I don’t wanna feel my legs
And when were done, I just wanna feel your hands all over me, baby
You can’t stop there, music still playin in the background
And you're almost there
You can do it, I believe in you baby
So close from here

Kreed

Impersonating celebrities is never cool unless it's parody. I'm just saying on the short list of black female celebrities that "deserve" to be slandered on a messageboard by an impersonator, Aisha wouldn't be on it. Girl's done nothing to get that kind of negative attention/has only done positive things from what I've seen, particularly in the gaming community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom