• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Looks like Xbone purchase was vindicated at least. You are truly living in the future with your voice-activated your television.

Gorillaz

Once that titanfall review thread hits tho
Injured_player_eating_popcorn.gif

it's sad to see this go down like it is because I like old IW

harSon

Banned
Once that titanfall review thread hits tho
Injured_player_eating_popcorn.gif

it's sad to see this go down like it is because I like old IW

If it reviews well, it'll probably be wrapped in rhetoric regarding game journalism integrity and platform holders/publishers flexing their pockets, and if it reviews anything south of 9's across the board, people will use it as a moment to parade their tin-foiled beliefs that its favorable coverage thus far has been a joint effort by Microsoft/EA and gaming publications to manufacture excessive hype. Throw in the usual bullshit that comes with games that are pushed as the face of a brand/platform, and you have the recipe for a good old fashioned shit storm

Trey

If it reviews well, it'll probably be wrapped in rhetoric regarding game journalism integrity and platform holders/publishers flexing their pockets, and if it reviews anything south of 9's across the board, people will use it as a moment to parade their tin-foiled beliefs that its favorable coverage thus far has been a joint effort by Microsoft/EA and gaming publications to manufacture excessive hype. Throw in the usual bullshit that comes with games that are pushed as the face of a brand/platform, and you have the recipe for a good old fashioned shit storm

People are going to say it would have reviewed better if it came out of PS4.

Slayven

So basically the Neogaf big game cycle.

Onemic

So basically the Neogaf big game cycle.

This is why I generally try to do game coverage blackouts for any high profile game. My opinion tends to not change of any highly publicized game upon release because my hype and expectations arent pushed to insane levels due to all the eventual hyperbole that will surround a games release.

Slayven

This is why I generally try to do game coverage blackouts for any high profile game. My opinion tends to not change of any highly publicized game upon release because my hype and expectations arent pushed to insane levels due to all the eventual hyperbole that will surround a games release.

yeah searching out and stewing in all the info about a game/movie tends to turn folks batshit crazy. I just go to my trusted sources and the streets.

What is BCT listening to currently? I mean for commutes, background noise at work, workouts etc. I'm looking for some new shit.

Finished AC4. Good game. Tail/eavesdrop every mission got a little tiring, but all the pirating made up for it.

At 89% did majority of the side missions. That Mayan suit is the jam both look and ability.

Slayven

What is BCT listening to currently? I mean for commutes, background noise at work, workouts etc. I'm looking for some new shit.

At 89% did majority of the side missions. That Mayan suit is the jam both look and ability.

I ahve terrible taste in music, I mostly jsut listen to toku theme songs.

Onemic

For workouts, my favs are probably

Wu-Tang - Wu Tang Forever
Mastodon - Remission
Outkast - Aquemini
Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
Schooboy Q - Habits & Contradictions
He is Legend - I am Hollywood

Music (home and for runs)
GTAV soundtrack
Beyonce's new album
Settle by Disclosure
Apocalypse by Thundercat
Because the Internet
Cupid Orange
My Name is my Name

Podcasts (at work)
TWiB AM
TWiB
We nerd hard
Giant Bombcast
Couple of BBC 1xtra stations

JohnDoe

Banned

Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels
Prince - The Hits/B-Sides (Disc 3)
Grace Jones - Slave To The Rhythm
Hudson Mohawke - Butter

Came up on facebook, called bullshit, then I see this.

There was a twitter fight, so it's all but confirmed for truth.

Anyone remember Cake Soap from Vybz Kartel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom