• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

BeGtoTCIIAAKhVB.jpg
Impressive

FyreWulff

My assumption is always that the people fighting so hard over that terminology are doing so in order to feel better about that 14 year old hentai character they love so much

The avatar rule will always hold, and now people are getting mad when it's pointed out.. but it gets pointed out, because it's fucking true

ReiGun

I blame Black Gaf for turning me on to the avatar rule, cause now I can't help but look at the avatar every time a someone post something suspect.

Anime Gaf is too high strung in general, but that adds a whole 'nother layer.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
In defense of anime avatars and anime GAF I think it's more of a case of these kinds of people also happen to like anime rather than it being the birthplace of their issues. A lot of it encourages deep levels of escapism which probably doesn't help already embedded issues, but you can say the same about other pursuits too.

Just
super
saiyan, yo.

Kreed

In defense of anime avatars and anime GAF I think it's more of a case of these kinds of people also happen to like anime rather than it being the birthplace of their issues. A lot of it encourages deep levels of escapism which probably doesn't help already embedded issues, but you can say the same about other pursuits too.

Just
super
saiyan, yo.

It's more the fact that anime avatars stand out and it's easy to make connections to things that way that may or may not be related to the avatar style. Hell, many of the anime avatars aren't even related to cartoons vs Japanese video games.

Also I'm pretty sure most of us watch/have watched anime/read manga in this thread based on lots of past discussion on anime shows, so that should prove your point a bit.

Eh, I'm still not going to judge people based on their avatars. Certain people just have, well, questionable tastes.

Inb4 "you have a sonic avatar"

Inb4 "lol it's spindashing"

harSon

Banned
I just make my own fried chicken. It doesn't take that long and tastes infinitely better than any shit you can get in a fast food joint.

I'd rather roast or grill chicken rather than fry when it comes down to how I would prepare chicken. It tastes better and theres much less work involved.
Still Popeye's over KFC

Saw the Titanfall alpha videos.

It looks like COD with Mechs and Bots. But I stopped playing COD back when they released MW2. So I'm totally up for Titanfall still, looks really fun.

I'd rather roast or grill chicken rather than fry when it comes down to how I would prepare chicken. It tastes better and theres much less work involved.
Still Popeye's over KFC
work? frying is just dropping into the deep fryer. roasting involves a pan and oven and grilling is .. well, unless you mean a foreman grill lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom