• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Not living with your kids makes not being involved far more likely. You still get black fathers being less involved in general.

Sure, I'm just saying the "raised by a single mother" stereotype that is always shown in the media is the issue being attacked in the article, not black men having multiple baby mothers.

Gorillaz

yea I knew the father thread was going to take a fall the way it did, title didn't help out alot either
That Titanfall footage looks an awful lot like COD...

because that's who it's for, people who are tired of CoD but not tired of CoD

TF is for those who want the gameplay, twitch controlers, but tired of killstreak and perk setup

yea I knew the father thread was going to take a fall the way it did, title didn't help out alot either

TF is for those who want the gameplay, twitch controlers, but tired of killstreak and perk setup

Yep, haven't been into a COD since BLOP1

BeGtoTCIIAAKhVB.jpg

damn

FreeMufasa

No (well some like Jimmy Saville are), they're clearly not. If you want to define them as anything they're ephebophiles. There's an entire world of difference between the two.

Anyone noticed this a lot recently on gaf? Like some dude has sex with a 15 year old and people come out saying "stop calling him a pedophile! He's not, he's a ebophile".

Yea I get that's the technical term but c'mon.....

Mr. Patch

So it's like a lot of other "AAA" games in a post-CoD 4 world?

harSon

Banned
That Titanfall footage looks an awful lot like COD...

No shit?

It's made by Infinity Ward/Respawn. It's like being surprised that Destiny looks exactly like Halo. And why is playing like Call of Duty such a bad thing? Modern Warfare 1 & 2 were fun as hell. Even the newer COD games are fun, but the elephant in the room is the fact that the games have done little with each passing iteration to build on the last game in a meaningful way, and because of this, longtime players can grow bored. Playing similar to something means nothing. The real questions are: A) Does it do enough to prevent itself from being a carbon copy of Call of Duty and B) Is it fun to play, and even A isn't an absolute necessity if B still rings true.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It's a bad thing for me, because I've grown tired of the gunplay, since I've played all of them. Wouldn't even complain as much had I not just witnessed more of the same laser beam AR silliness with no recoil and AI that looks stupid as hell. If Destiny is just Halo: Borderlands edition, then they changed enough of the overall gameplay to make it seem like something else. That's the difference. Here I see some of the same issues that I saw with their last effort.

edit: Was that type of thing always bannable?

Young Magus

Lurked into the 2nd or 3rd OT a while back, finally decided to post here:

Where you're from- Los Angeles, CA
Where you live- As of the moment: Nagoya, Japan. For the past 3 years: Monterrey, CA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- The only thing that I can recall off the top of my head is that I have a bit of Cherokee in my family tree.
Do you know your roots- Not enough
Your Age- 21
Favorite musical genre- Jazz, Funk, Hip-Hop
Your profession/major/career interest- Journalism Major
Your religious affiliation- Came from a Christian Baptist Background
Hobbies- Video Games, Listening to Music, Movies, Study about any random topic that comes to mind.

Imm0rt4l

Where you live- As of the moment: Nagoya, Japan. For the past 3 years: Monterrey, CA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- The only thing that I can recall off the top of my head is that I have a bit of Cherokee in my family tree.
Your Age- 21
Hobbies- Video Games, Listening to Music, Movies, Study about any random topic that comes to mind.
Welcome. I take you will be continuing operation caliphate in freemufasa's stead

Haha

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Any of you seen Lone Survivor? Saw it last night with friends and not sure what I feel about it.

One of my friends didn't like it and thought it was too much hero propaganda, while another loved it and wished there were more war movies where basically everyone dies.

I had mixed feelings about it. I thought the constant barrage at one point was becoming really hard too watch and I was wondering when that whole segment would be over, and I also thought some of the scenes were a bit emotionally exploitive. There was also a weird tonal shift when it was just Mark Wahlberg left and they decided to give him the most Mark Wahlberg dialog and made him look like he was pissed off at Andy Samberg for mocking him.

It wasn't a bad movie by any means, just hard to watch for stretches at a time.

High school statistics needs to be banned. Too often someone posts something and you're stuck with a bunch of "err, correlation isn't causation!" posts.

jesus

Anyone noticed this a lot recently on gaf? Like some dude has sex with a 15 year old and people come out saying "stop calling him a pedophile! He's not, he's a ebophile".

Yea I get that's the technical term but c'mon.....

The only problem I have with it is it almost always seems like they want to finish their 'it's ebo not pedo' posts with "...so it's OK"

no one reads.

FreeMufasa

Your Age- 21

Welcome.

Nagoya? I'm at C.R.E.A.M and ID sometimes so let me know if u wanna link

The only problem I have with it is it almost always seems like they want to finish their 'it's ebo not pedo' posts with "...so it's OK"

This, I always feel that's what they want to say but don't. Which makes sense when you consider that one person actually admitted he was a pedo…but had it “under control“ by reading little kid hentai and other things and was banned with the quickness!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
My assumption is always that the people fighting so hard over that terminology are doing so in order to feel better about that 14 year old hentai character they love so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom