• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
honestly, the only non pop related group that could stand against them is wrasslegaf. the have a gif for every occasion as well. but i dont know if they have the numbers

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
honestly, the only non pop related group that could stand against them is wrasslegaf. the have a gif for every occasion as well. but i dont know if they have the numbers
They don't. Nor the fortitude. Sports-GAF as a whole could, but by nature they're split.
I could've sworn that the entire reason for BCT's formation was because the original Barbershop was nuked from orbit.
Yes. Because there's a mod out there that doesn't see color.

Parallax

I think we could take Comic Gaf.

Is breakers good? I always see it.

comicGAF is too small to be a threat to anyone other than tokuGAF

and breakers is pretty good. the first part will make you want choke the protag, but he mans up at the end. then new wave starts and hes g'd up

They don't. Nor the fortitude. Sports-GAF as a whole could, but by nature they're split.

Yes. Because there's a mod out there that doesn't see color.

a unified sportsGAF is a scary thing, because it would be a very shaky and temporary alliance

has there been a latino gaf since?

There is one group who you're forgetting about.

ModGAF. One of them is enough to decimate their numbers and scatter them to the wind.

what happened now?

Some ol bullshit.

Without getting into it too much and maybe getting some lurkers attention, some person(s) was acting a fool and couldn't keep Devo's name out of their mouth and took the internet too damn seriously.

You wouldn't believe it if I told you, but it all started when someone in NBAGAF's IRC thought that me and Devo would be cute together.

I shit you not.

..and then there are still parts of the story I am in the dark on.

PopGAF's time out was the most hilarious though, they were so lost. I actually felt bad, it was like watching a child wander around Walmart looking for their mother who left 8 minutes ago.

DY_nasty

Some ol bullshit.

Without getting into it too much and maybe getting some lurkers attention, some person(s) was acting a fool and couldn't keep Devo's name out of their mouth and took the internet too damn seriously.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but have you noticed that most of the people that can't drop her or that kind of shit also happen to love high school girls?

You were around for almost all of that shit and I swear... now that I've thought about it, its damn near as profound as the anime-avatar thing.

Parallax

You wouldn't believe it if I told you, but it all started when someone in NBAGAF's IRC thought that me and Devo would be cute together.

I shit you not.

Some ol bullshit.

wow. i always seem to miss or black out drama

lol entire threads have been shut down or put in "time out" before Popgaf did?

damn

look for the "people with skin" thread

Slayven

I forgot who/why, but someone said something close to "PopGAF ain't shit and ain't gonna do shit"

The irony.

dis nigga...
Not like she is a red head or something.
PopGAF's time out was the most hilarious though, they were so lost. I actually felt bad, it was like watching a child wander around Walmart looking for their mother who left 8 minutes ago.

They were mad and took it out in a lot of unrelated threads. Passive aggressive shade is 10,000 worst than straight shade.

Gorillaz

lmao, I started feeling bad for a min too
look for the "people with skin" thread

was that a thread just for everything or mainly Hispanic thread? because i'm looking though first and last page and it seemed to have gone off rails somewhere lol

DY_nasty

That was a separate incident I believe that occurred after the two week lockout when the thread was under a microscope.

Had to do with theonewhoshallnotbespokenof and original realpicjanuary

and why I won't take part in or recommend anyone take part in that fuckery

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
reilo is fully fucking aware of the coonery (because that's exactly what it was) that was allowed to transpire on that day
We even whooped their ass telling them to drop that shit and then they played the victim card after.

"But Bobby gave me the matches!"

Breh, you still lit the fucking house on fire!

DY_nasty

was that a thread just for everything or mainly Hispanic thread? because i'm looking though first and last page and it seemed to have gone off rails somewhere lol

what you're looking at is essentially 5 different megathreads combined into one. lazily. its nearly impossible to make sense of now but as latino-gaf started first, you'll probably see more of that towards the front and a further in you'll see nothing but confusion

It was like one dude that posts twice a year in the OT!

But I'm just being facetious anyway.

Bruh you know there are others who are just as inclined to talk shit when it starts. That also hang around in irc chatrooms talkin' creepy mess too.

Anyway NBA-GAF isn't the first nor last GAF sports thread that can't keep my name off their lips. Shit's gross.

Parallax

it was at least two threads, latinoGAF and the barbershop. latinogaf had been around for quite a while before the barbershop, so for a while its just Latino related posts. then himuro and day got the idea to make a blackGAF thread, and the bitch exploded in no time flat. some hater made a joke thread about white culture and it ended with both threads being merged.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bruh you know there are others who are just as inclined to talk shit when it starts. That also hang around in irc chatrooms talkin' creepy mess too.
Can't control what other shitheads do. We definitely didn't pull any punches trying to get them to stop, but somehow the whole OT got caught in collateral damage which I thought was unfair.

Can't control what other shitheads do. We definitely didn't pull any punches trying to get them to stop, but somehow the whole OT got caught in collateral damage which I thought was unfair.

I didn't want it closed you know. I just wanted creepy fucks dealt with.

DY_nasty

I made the first thread, and as soon as I saw that people were keeping track of all the pictures posted... nope. Never again.

One of my biggest 'internet' regrets is helping to make the IRC for the original realpic thing.

Never in my life have I seen such a twisted support structure for social dysfunction.

I literally volunteered in Detroit and participated in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Katrina but at least that made sense and featured clear, obvious stimuli that could reasonably create something like that within the human condition. But to see people that were without a doubt from good standing and with all the opportunities in the world carry on such a masquerade of utter bullshit for months still sickens me to a degree. You had people venture in just to feed their insecurities and others would support them just to ignore their own. You'd see married people talk about a high school girl like they had been wronged by them personally - merely for ignoring a PM. You'd see people hide behind massive social issues and backdrops to support their juvenile habits and confusions.

There are some sick fucks out there and many don't deserve the benefit of doubt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom