• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
It's the shit.

Well, the original series.
But supposedly the reboot is great, too

I'd place Part VII either at #1 or #2 if I had to rank the series and Part VIII is looking even more promising so far, definitely recommend reading it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Based on Google Autocomplete... http://mashable.com/2014/01/19/google-autocomplete-map/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

state-wants.jpg

I'm looking at you Mississippi...

Nakazato

the states that want bama made me lol

Real talk for a second:
Anyone Have kids ? (no Im not anyones baby daddy) Im just wondering how do you find time to yourself/ how do you be yourself around them. My older cousin to me yesterday that as much as she loves her 4 kids..... (3 different dads) Its hard to be herself around them. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way ?

2xjx.jpg

q0t1.jpg

So yea, good times were had. I'd give his routine a solid 8.5/10. All fresh and original, well rehearsed, diverse thematically, and fluid. I was not disappointed. Stage was low-budget (inflatable throne? lol) and I don't know if that's attributable to the venue or Katt. I assume he's not going to drive a bigass throne around the country so inflatable it is. Crowd was well behaved as to be expected given the tickets were like $50-$150 or something like that. As for the fashion...I couldn't bring myself to snap any pictures. It was partially because the crowd (about 5,000) was moving pretty fast and partially because it was really dark. But imagine what you'd expect at a Luda concert and you're in the ballpark.

It was just a really good time overall. I did take some video clips if you're interested in seeing any of those.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I need to start going to comedy shows again. Last one I went to is when Charlie Murphy fucked up at my campus.

btw, Part 2 of Jojo is fucking crazy lol

DominoKid

Oliver stone takes to Twitter to explain why he pulled out of MLK biopic

Director Oliver Stone announced Friday that he would no longer be involved in the previously announced Martin Luther King Jr. biopic.

Stone was originally on board to write and direct the film.

The director took to his Twitter account to explain his departure from the project.

It is unclear whether Stone’s exit will impact Jamie Foxx, who was cast to play the civil rights leader.

Sad news. My MLK project involvement has ended. I did an extensive rewrite of the script, but the producers won’t go with it.—
Oliver Stone (@TheOliverStone) January 17, 2014

The script dealt w/ issues of adultery, conflicts within the movement, and King’s spiritual transformation into a higher, more radical being—

I’m told the estate & the ‘respectable’ black community that guard King’s reputation won't approve it. They suffocate the man & the truth.—

I wish you could see the film I would've made. I fear if ‘they’ ever make it, it’ll be just another commemoration of the March on Washington—

Martin, I grieve for you. You are still a great inspiration for your fellow Americans—but, thank God, not a saint.—

akira28

I can understand the 'humanization' bit, but I'm not interested in it. Let them "humanize" George Washington and Thomas Jefferson and air out all their dirty laundry and let them be judged first.

Can't remember the last Stone film I liked, but I would have been interested in a MLK Jr film that didn't treat him like the messiah of black people.

Slayven

I can understand the 'humanization' bit, but I'm not interested in it. Let them "humanize" George Washington and Thomas Jefferson and air out all their dirty laundry and let them be judged first.

A Thomas Jefferson film would be a forbidden love story

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Can't remember the last Stone film I liked, but I would have been interested in a MLK Jr film that didn't treat him like the messiah of black people.

This.

All of the "saints" have skeletons in their closests. Showing them and all of their achievements, wouldn't detract from their accomplishments.

akira28

A Thomas Jefferson film would be a forbidden love story

Like shades of grey but with actual whipping.

It doesn't detract from MLK, but I'd prefer to wait till the battle is won. I still have people trying to bring up Mike King, and if I have to run somebody over in my car and keep driving, I will be happy to do it.

FyreWulff

It would have been nice to see a film that just wasn't the march on washington for once

It's like doing a George Washington movie and focusing entirely on his presidency, not how he got there

that's the issue with approved/official biopics and biographies though, they end up just being branding and not actual documentation

Nakazato

I would've loved to see his take on it.

Interior Strip Club:

MLK Sits at the The Stage

DJ: Welcome to the Stage Sherri

Sherri enters from the Velvet Curtains

youve got the power by james brown starts to play.

Sherri Starts Eyeing MLK Down.

MLK shows sherri he has the money to make it Rain.

Sherri start working her way over to MLK

Sherri: Hey baby

MLK: Come closer...

Sherri moves her ear closer to MLK mouth

MLK Whispers

MLK: Shake it fo a real Nigga

MLK Makes it rain

Sherri Start twerking

Im sure it would become something like that it is oliver stone

Slayven

Interior Strip Club:

MLK Sits at the The Stage

DJ: Welcome to the Stage Sherri

Sherri enters from the Velvet Curtains

youve got the power by james brown starts to play.

Sherri Starts Eyeing MLK Down.

MLK shows sherri he has the money to make it Rain.

Sherri start working her way over to MLK

Sherri: Hey baby

MLK: Come closer...

Sherri moves her ear closer to MLK mouth

MLK Whispers

MLK: Shake it fo a real Nigga

MLK Makes it rain

Sherri Start twerking

Im sure it would become something like that it is oliver stone

Sherri played by January Jones.

akira28

Wonder if he would have touched on the rumors of him having a few affair

with 3-4 civil rights minded whooties, plus the allegations of plagarising his thesis, and the politicization of direct confrontation and baited victimization. I mean, people have been trying to deconstruct that movement, with varying intent, for decades.

You can't just toss that stuff out there in a vacuum like the JFK shooting. It would be the major focus of the film regardless of what it was actually about.

Slayven

Tired of you guys shading me. One day I will just say fuck it, take over the Kpop thread and come back here with my army and destroy what I built.

Gorillaz

with 3-4 civil rights minded whooties, plus the allegations of plagarising his thesis, and the politicization of direct confrontation and baited victimization. I mean, people have been trying to deconstruct that movement, with varying intent, for decades.

You can't just toss that stuff out there in a vacuum like the JFK shooting. It would be the major focus of the film regardless of what it was actually about.
true don't think it's time yet for "most" people to see a full MLK bio pic
Flashbacks to white stripper lap dance in the middle of "I Had a Dream" speech

"after that dance I knew the importance of this phenom called "whootie", and from that moment on I began my campaign "

Tired of you guys shading me. One day I will just say fuck it, take over the Kpop thread and come back here with my army and destroy what I built.

Your gif game is nowhere near Kpop level

slay pls

also popgaf already tried to run through here like 2 OT's ago and were still here
YlVGJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom