• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_suit

what y'all should do is take a bunch of pictures and post something on the 14th

"here was our awesome Valentines day, everybody talk about the cool stuff that happened for your Valentine's day! how did you celebrate?"

I can taste the sodium already

That would be perfect.

Spinluck

The big postgame controversy. Some guy just bragging too hard. Mind I found it messed up but jesus not twitter outrage worthy or nothin'.

Dick Sherman, causing rage and salt everywhere.

qNZ68iZ.png

Taken from NFL thread, lol. It's just football people.

what y'all should do is take a bunch of pictures and post something on the 14th

"here was our awesome Valentines day, everybody talk about the cool stuff that happened for your Valentine's day! how did you celebrate?"

I can taste the sodium already

Seconded.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I ran through Jojo like water. That shit is seriously addicting.

I bet Chris Rock wishes he'd never told that joke.

the fucked part is the part 4 will be completely before the good scans are finished

and that joke is gonna haunt him for life

Gorillaz

Chris Rock definitely regrets that joke

So did Chappelle with the Nigger family joke

edit: actually that sketch from what I heard was the "straw that broke the camel's back" for Dave

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Well... Richard Sherman just kicked off the MLK day fuckery.

I look forward to the dumb shit heaped on my plate tomorrow.

I'm still laughing at that dumb firm that got the story of Sony having a high percentage of going bankruptcy using the same analysis to have Nintendo now with a 79% chance.

Slayven

Sherman's promo was so epic it dropped Nintendo's stock price. of course MBA JC would say it is the best time to sell Nintendo stock.

Sherman's promo was so epic it dropped Nintendo's stock price. of course MBA JC would say it is the best time to sell Nintendo stock.

Sherman will get my seal of approval even though I hate trash talking if he does this again, if only to out the fucked up racists for everyone else.

I didn't read all of the Sherman thread but.. people really going on about how classless he is for some G rated trash talk seconds after winning a huge game... meanwhile two days ago two professional hockey teams had their entire lines engage in a fist fight at the very start of a game AND one of the coaches tried to get at the opposing teams coach in between periods.

I mean don't get me wrong. Looking at the Flames v. Canucks brawl within context, it shouldn't be that huge of an issue. But if people are going to sit here and try to shit on Sherman for some high adrenaline trash talk with zero cursing... #imjustsaying

I didn't read all of the Sherman thread but.. people really going on about how classless he is for some G rated trash talk seconds after winning a huge game... meanwhile two days ago two professional hockey teams had their entire lines engage in a fist fight at the very start of a game AND one of the coaches tried to get at the opposing teams coach in between periods.

I mean don't get me wrong. Looking at the Flames v. Canucks brawl within context, it shouldn't be that huge of an issue. But if people are going to sit here and try to shit on Sherman for some high adrenaline trash talk with zero cursing... #imjustsaying

I just read about that and didn't get it. Why not just go into boxing.

I just read about that and didn't get it. Why not just go into boxing.

I'm not a hockey guy but it's part of the nature of the sport. With checking being legitimate, teams need guys who can check and they need guys to prevent those checks. Fights are going to happen with that level of physicality being legal. Why the Flames were aiming to fight, I couldn't say but the Canucks going out there to match them makes sense to me.

FyreWulff

Crabs in the barrel, man. My classmate's brother said that he faced the same thing when he was about to be released from prison. Word gets around, and people want to make your last days miserable. Hell, some people get killed days before release.

I mean I'll be honest, it's hard for me too. My mom and brothers were homeless for a while. Then we lived in the livingroom of our grandma's house, us 3 having to share the same couch hideaway bed while our mom slept on the other couch. So it's like leaving the tribe in a way, after all we've been through earlier in life.

I get that they feel hurt, and it isn't easy for me, but if I want to do the stuff I want to do (pay off their house, make sure they don't have to go into a home), I have to leave completely, have my own life for a while ENTIRELY outside of social web of this city and start a new one elsewhere.

I'm not a hockey guy but it's part of the nature of the sport. With checking being legitimate, teams need guys who can check and they need guys to prevent those checks. Fights are going to happen with that level of physicality being legal. Why the Flames were aiming to fight, I couldn't say but the Canucks going out there to match them makes sense to me.

I get checking. I don't get all out brawls.

Mr. Patch

People won't admit it's a race thing, but it is.

A majorly white sport like hockey has fights on the regular without talk about thugs and class. Hell, even baseball gets away with that unwritten rules bullshit. Justin Verlander was just on Twitter talking about how Sherman would get a high and tight.

Trey

People won't admit it's a race thing, but it is.

A majorly white sport like hockey has fights on the regular without talk about thugs and class. Hell, even baseball gets away with that unwritten rules bullshit. Justin Verlander was just on Twitter talking about how Sherman would get a high and tight.

Should have been around when Ray Emery whooped on Holtby (they're both goaltenders, and their teams had a line brawl). The former instigated a fight the latter originally wanted no part of, before he eventually submitted to his fate and put up the hands.

Ray Emery is a trained boxer. People were not kind.

FyreWulff

The Sherman reactions by people on Twitter is just the "angry black man" thing again, isn't it.

White guy yells and talks shit, he's just rallying the troops and has heart.

Black guy yells and talks shit, he's an angry black man

The Sherman reactions by people on Twitter is just the "angry black man" thing again, isn't it.

White guy yells and talks shit, he's just rallying the troops and has heart.

Black guy yells and talks shit, he's an angry black man

Yeah, which is why if you hate trash talking from anyone you're in a shitty position because racists only hate it for their ill gotten agendas, the fuckheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom