• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still can't believe that crap.

When I heard it I was all what..............

tumblr_lz24pfBo5J1qedb29o1_500.gif

Hes still around?

Music industry is to big to get accurate voting. Most of the voters haven't listened to most of the shit they vote on.

Not like the Oscars where you really only need to see like 15 films to have a solid base to make a decision.

Nakazato

ok ok ok i will agree

Thrift shop > Swimming pools

If it would have been and other song on that CD kdot had it swimming pool might be the weakest song on the CD

Onemic

ok ok ok i will agree

If it would have been and other song on that CD kdot had it swimming pool might be the weakest song on the CD

Thrift Shop is garbage. Straight up.

I remember listening to it before I even knew who Macklemore was. I was like, this is one of the worst chrorus' I've heard in recent times.

ok ok ok i will agree

k-bigpic.gif

Nah son…nah. I'mma need you to actually listen to the lyrics of Swimming Pool one more time and come back and say that with a straight face.

hypernima

Banned
ok ok ok i will agree

I don't even know one black person that likes that song. All it's been for me is white folk coming up asking me if I like it (and I don't listen to much rap these days.)

Thrift Shop is the go to song when people say “Oh I love rap music!” but their favorite artists are Mackelmore and Eminem and everything else isn't their speed.

Onemic

I don't even know one black person that likes that song. All it's been for me is white folk coming up asking me if I like it (and I don't listen to much rap these days.)

When I first heard I actually thought it was some random ass black dude making some shitty party song. I just remembered hearing the line, "this is fucking awesomeeeeeee" as the hook and was like, "this is what's hot now?" I was legit surprised when I found out he was white much later down the line.

How many other rappers rap about buying Cosby sweaters at thrift shops?

Thats like breaking new ground in rap.

That song is really a good insight into how Marackelmorre got everyone to buy into his shit. I remember see him in some interview after that shit dropped and he was wearing fucking APC jeans and a $225 dollar shirt.

Nakazato

In celebration of the win im going to the thrift shop tomorrow to get some fresh kicks.......

Edit: told my GF i like Kdot's cd more than the greatest rapper ever CD... I had a feeling she was about to call me a racist... but shes white

hypernima

Banned
Its a fun radio song,but its nothing to write home about.

Yes, I mean Swimming Pools can be a fun song too (but like the point you made earlier, it's definitely a song about alcoholism)

When I first heard I actually thought it was some random ass black dude making some shitty party song. I just remembered hearing the line, "this is fucking awesomeeeeeee" as the hook and was like, "this is what's hot now?" I was legit surprised when I found out he was white much later down the line.

I just remember hearing this and trying not to hurt my white friends feelings cause I really couldn't get down with it. Plus it kinda of irritated me he was making something like a thrift shop trendy when folk been going there for life and this dude has money. Meh old man shaking fist at cloud I guess.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
My man looking like he's staring on the next Rocky and Bullwinkle movie. Wow. He doesn't give two shits about what us peasants think about fashion

*crying*

I lol'd at people buying into Thrift Shop Macky's shit, when 2 minutes into his new found fame he got on that NBA promotion. Wasted no time.

I'd do the same too.

I had an English teacher in high school who accused me of plagiarism more than once because I had actual reading and writing ability. She would give me a failed grade on a paper, I'd be like WTF, these are my words, and then she'd cherry pick passages for me to explain and breakdown, and then she'd get pissy when I made her look stupid in front of the class for questioning me. When she refused to change my grade I had to fucking appeal to a guidance counselor just to get the grade I deserved.

Fucking midget cunt with a bald spot and crooked teeth. Danny Devito in Batman Returns lookin' ass bitch.

J10 is Finding Forester.

zero_suit

I had an English teacher in high school who accused me of plagiarism more than once because I had actual reading and writing ability. She would give me a failed grade on a paper, I'd be like WTF, these are my words, and then she'd cherry pick passages for me to explain and breakdown, and then she'd get pissy when I made her look stupid in front of the class for questioning me. When she refused to change my grade I had to fucking appeal to a guidance counselor just to get the grade I deserved.

Fucking midget cunt with a bald spot and crooked teeth. Danny Devito in Batman Returns lookin' ass bitch.

This had me dyin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom