• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Royal Rumble got me salty as fuck

I haven't been this mad over fictional shit since that awful finale for the last Star Trek show

J10

Banned
Is there usually an OT done for Black History Month around here? Was thinking about doing one, but not sure what the format should be.

Htown

Roman Reigns getting face heat just for not being Batista was amazing though.

the worst thing is that the crowd has people they want to cheer for, and they could be making huge (for wrestling standards) stars on a regular basis, but everyone gets buried beneath Cena, Orton, or whatever returning-douchebag-of-the-week was popular back when HHH was active.

Trey

Anyone recommend some of Kendrick lamar's best songs? I am curious to see what the hyper is about.

Radio hits are Swimming Pools and Bitch, Don't Kill my vibe.

My personal favorites are mAAd city, Money Trees, The Recipe, P&P1.5, Hol' Up.

His best is probably Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst.

Htown

Havent watch that wrestling in a minute, Can you hit us with the cliff notes?
Basically WWE pushing who they want you to care about instead of who people actually care about.

The last few minutes of the Rumble was nearly continuous booing of the people in the match and chanting for a guy (Daniel Bryan) they refused to put into the match. The big championship match they've been pushing between John Cena and Randy Orton got "boring" and "you both suck" chants, along with more Daniel Bryan chants, because no one gives a fuck about Cena vs Orton 28. The winner of the Royal Rumble (which gives you a main event at Wrestlemania) was Batista, who literally just came back last week,and the crowd was apparently not looking forward to a fourth consecutive Wrestlemania main event built around a part time dude coming back from the past.

J10

Banned
WWE hasn't been able to dictate faces and heels since before Austin vs. Bret Hart. People like who they like. Did they suddenly forget that? Then again, at least the crowd hasn't checked out. "You both suck" chants are better than silence.

ReiGun

I watch wrestling on and off nowadays, but no one I've seen gets the crowd as hype as Daniel Bryan. The company's stubborn refusal to push him is baffling.

Is there usually an OT done for Black History Month around here? Was thinking about doing one, but not sure what the format should be.

Not usually, but feel free to do one.

Basically WWE pushing who they want you to care about instead of who people actually care about.

The last few minutes of the Rumble was nearly continuous booing of the people in the match and chanting for a guy (Daniel Bryan) they refused to put into the match. The big championship match they've been pushing between John Cena and Randy Orton got "boring" and "you both suck" chants, along with more Daniel Bryan chants, because no one gives a fuck about Cena vs Orton 28. The winner of the Royal Rumble (which gives you a main event at Wrestlemania) was Batista, who literally just came back last week,and the crowd was apparently not looking forward to a fourth consecutive Wrestlemania main event built around a part time dude coming back from the past.

I'm still shocked at how white-hot the crowd was for Reigns, and how quickly they turned when Batista threw him out.

Gorillaz

People give vince and HHH too much credit today, Bryan is the complete opposite of what Vince see's in good "product" and the fucked up part in his eyes is bryan is still getting pushed and fan love regardless.

Only good thing about tonight was seeing Daft Punk win AOTY,even if it wasn't their best.

Kendrick lost, but Taylor going to give it up to him, so he's still winning...until she makes a diss track

College spot, friend's bday (he works at the bar), here with one friend.

alright so you want to know more about drinks or just general whatever?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
People give vince and HHH too much credit today, Bryan is the complete opposite of what Vince see's in good "product" and the fucked up part in his eyes is bryan is still getting pushed and fan love regardless.

Only good thing about tonight was seeing Daft Punk win AOTY,even if it wasn't their best.

Kendrick lost, but Taylor going to give it up to him, so he's still winning...until she makes a diss track

aw man. a diss track aimed at him would be hilarious for the reaction alone

Htown

this is how bad it was

i59xloI2Vs8Hw.PNG

Jim Ross also shit on the PPV on twitter

GKMC is pretty good too tho
Nothing wrong with that.

College spot, friend's bday (he works at the bar), here with one friend.
You trying to pull females or just enjoy the atmosphere. Sip not chug. Nobody likes the overly drunk asshole but the slightly tipsy cat who is calm but enjoying themselves is too cool.

Damn really? You think the push he is getting is cross promotional or just that behind the scenes bullshit/politics?

Mr. Patch

There has to be some irony in Macklemore having fans because "he has something to say" in a world where Thrift Shop can beat out New Slaves and Swimming Pools at the Grammys.

Half black/half asian living in Germany. I stumbled upon this after watching her try to sing Drunk In Love.

BCT-Germany please liberate her.

Says the guy most likely to get banned by Feb 2nd

See you didn't have to go there DY…I'm going to survive BHM 2014! Don't believe me just watch.

There has to be some irony in Macklemore having fans because "he has something to say" in a world where Thrift Shop can beat out New Slaves and Swimming Pools at the Grammys.

“New slaves is just another song about black people crying about slavery that ended 600 years ago (get over it omg!), and Swimming Pools is just a ghetto song about taking shots.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom