• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Still can't get over how the Grammy's fucked over Kdot for fucking Macklemore. I hate bringing race into stuff like this, but if Macklemore wasn't white, would he have won it? I don't think so.

ReiGun

People combing through Macklemore's twitter and retweeting shit from years ago.

Black Twitter trying to get this man up outta here.

I've been a fan of Macklemore's music for a longggg time. So I can't start to hate on him now that he's made it.

The Heist just isn't better than GKMC as a rap record. It isn't.

But then when you have people like this:
Be8YgkGCEAAPVya.jpg
judging who wins and who doesn't win then.. well you know.

Macklemore apparently texted Kendrick that he should've won lol: http://instagram.com/p/jqXYYAwK_y/

“U gone check dem messages my nigga”

The first thing I thought seeing his instagram as well.

Angelus I don't think you can make it all BHM. Can't see you surviving that long

Angelus' sarcasm is gonna go on overload during February. I think he might literally explode.

Man everyone is doubting me. I got this! (prays to Bish for strength).

Angelus, use your storytelling talents to write the definitive Kendrick/Taylor fanfic

you know you want to

Taylor falls for Drake, then K.Dot takes her before Drake can even lay pipe.

We'll never know now but I wonder how it would have been received if a black rapper hit the mainstream with a same sex rights song

I hate macklemore as an artist but I can't hate the dude. He seems like a nice guy

Also I like rappers of all races. Well three races at least. Don't really hear of many Asians

Furyous

So Lux vs. Hollow happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA7LvXyCL70&feature=youtu.be

Who do y'all think won?

I need to know the half black/half asian woman's name before I put on my iron man suit. I only save righteous young women (*scoffs at alleged hoes*) that are legal.

"my girlfriend calls me the n-word during sex, gaf wat do"

The following views and opinions do not necessarily reflect my advice to you but merely serve as options.

You could send the slur back to her in the form of a racial insult.

That comment demands you pound her harder while degrading her by placing your foot on her head or spitting on the pussy. Place her in the camel clutch screaming "your ancestors are ashamed of you."

If she can call you an N word then you can take that ass... only with consent of course cause we don't support that **** life.

Take 3 zinc pills a day, don't jack off for three weeks, then drain your soul onto her eyebrows.

When you have to bust, dump it on her family picture.

ReiGun

The following views and opinions do not necessarily reflect my advice to you but merely serve as options.

That comment demands you pound her harder while degrading her by placing your foot on her head or spitting on the pussy. Place her in the camel clutch screaming "your ancestors are ashamed of you."

If she can call you an N word then you can take that ass... only with consent of course cause we don't support that **** life.

Take 3 zinc pills a day, don't jack off for three weeks, then drain your soul onto her eyebrows.

image.php

Dat second one tho. lol

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
"Thick White Girls Appreciation: No sharp knees"

I LOLed!

SLAIN!

BHZ Mayor

the worst thing is that the crowd has people they want to cheer for, and they could be making huge (for wrestling standards) stars on a regular basis, but everyone gets buried beneath Cena, Orton, or whatever returning-douchebag-of-the-week was popular back when HHH was active.

Every match except Bray/Bryan involved at least two people who were active in WWE at that time. To put that in perspective, this was before (or in Cena's case, right after) the F changed to an E, or before I graduated from high school.

Still can't get over how the Grammy's fucked over Kdot for fucking Macklemore. I hate bringing race into stuff like this, but if Macklemore wasn't white, would he have won it? I don't think so.

If black Macklemore still would have made a song about being in favor of gay rights, then yes.

ReiGun

Every match except Bray/Bryan involved at least two people who were active in WWE at that time. To put that in perspective, this was before (or in Cena's case, right after) the F changed to an E, or before I graduated from high school.

The Tag Team match had Goldust and the New Age Outlaws. The nineties are back, my man.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If black Macklemore still would have made a song about being in favor of gay rights, then yes.

Its doubt this a lot.

Also, I can't think of too many record labels that would give the go ahead on any black rapper putting out a single like that either. "He's different" is Macklemore's image and his money-maker. I can't hate on him or his corner for it. It's damned effective.

Its doubt this a lot.

Also, I can't think of too many record labels that would give the go ahead on any black rapper putting out a single like that either. "He's different" is Macklemore's image and his money-maker. I can't hate on him or his corner for it. It's damned effective.

He probably couldn't do it with a record label. I wonder how many independent artists also have grammys

IceCold

Kendrick deserved to win, but I think everyone should respect what Maklemore achieved. The amount of success he's had without being signed to a major record label should be applauded. It opens the door for other people to do the same.

Kreed

It's about sales at the end of the day. Kendrick didn't sell as many albums as Macklemore and none of his songs were hits like Macklemores despite having the better album. Like zombie lorde getting all those awards last night for one song.

That's probably the reason some of the Grammy committee didn't want Macklemore in the Rap category/felt he was a pop act. They wanted an excuse to keep him out of there so they could give Kendrick the win.

We'll never know now but I wonder how it would have been received if a black rapper hit the mainstream with a same sex rights song

I hate macklemore as an artist but I can't hate the dude. He seems like a nice guy

Also I like rappers of all races. Well three races at least. Don't really hear of many Asians
Kero One is nice, and Jin I guess........and Southstar?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kendrick deserved to win, but I think everyone should respect what Maklemore achieved. The amount of success he's had without being signed to a major record label should be applauded. It opens the door for other people to do the same.
Oh I'm not hating on Kuwabara. He's a good rapper. Kendrick got robbed though.

FyreWulff

Perfect Dark ain't never coming back at this point, huh

(MS bought Gears of War and has Black Tusk working on it, if you didn't see)

also, okcupid finale update:

yup

It's about sales at the end of the day. Kendrick didn't sell as many albums as Macklemore and none of his songs were hits like Macklemores despite having the better album. Like zombie lorde getting all those awards last night for one song.

That's probably the reason some of the Grammy committee didn't want Macklemore in the Rap category/felt he was a pop act. They wanted an excuse to keep him out of there so they could give Kendrick the win.

Not an excuse really. The Grammy voters are all pretty much a bunch of older guys for the most part. They're not likely to be familiar with most of the nominees in categories that have young audiences or that are relatively niche. So they just vote for whoever they're familiar with.

Kreed

Not an excuse really. The Grammy voters are all pretty much a bunch of older guys for the most part. They're not likely to be familiar with most of the nominees in categories that have young audiences or that are relatively niche. So they just vote for whoever they're familiar with.

Wasn't trying to give the Grammy people an excuse, just saying that's the situation you're dealing with at the Grammys. They aren't awarding the best, they are awarding the most popular. That's why Nas never wins anything despite so many nominations.

Wasn't trying to give the Grammy people an excuse, just saying that's the situation you're dealing with at the Grammys. They aren't awarding the best, they are awarding the most popular. That's why Nas never wins anything despite so many nominations.

I should have been more clear. I wasn't saying you were making an excuse, I was saying the Hip Hop Committee wasn't excluding Macklemore as an excuse. They were attempting to preemptively balance their category.

Trey

They weren't going to give it to Kendrick. He only got 1‰ of the vote.

Perfect Dark ain't never coming back at this point, huh

(MS bought Gears of War and has Black Tusk working on it, if you didn't see)

also, okcupid finale update:

yup

Did epic just say fuck makin games let's peddle our engine instead

Also is gears still hot. I only played the 1st two

I'm gonna bullshit on that. If that was the case, Esperanza Spalding wouldn't have won the grammy over Justin Beiber for best new artist in 2011, as a jazz musician mind you. I wanna say it's not just about the number.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Who do y'all think won?

Hollow had those personals and flipped Lux's everything. I give it to him. Lux had that heat though.

Black Macklemore wouldn't exist. As much as people like to say that they are accepting of homosexuality, it's straight ducktales. Look no further than how Asap Rocky had to distance himself in that one award show. Plenty of rappers spoke on equality and it didn't help them in the slightest.

Kreed

I'm gonna bullshit on that. If that was the case, Esperanza Spalding wouldn't have won the grammy over Justin Beiber for best new artist in 2011, as a jazz musician mind you. I wanna say it's not just about the number.

You know good and well charity/"we need to look like we aren't a popularity contest" awards don't count. On "average" the show is a popularity contest.

Edit: Thanks Angelus Errare

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/01/24/macklmor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom