• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Lol yea Lorde was dancing like Voldermort last night. Shit kind of reminded me of Reptar from Rugrats the way she moves her hands

Gorillaz just need to come back for one last album and win the grammy's. Then we will be full circle(ish) since Daft Punk/Gorillaz are always grouped together since they had the same type of rise.

cdyhybrid

Adults who can't cook thread still going like it's a controversial and polarizing thing. Learn to fucking cook brehs, no excuses.

I'm far from a gourmet, but I can at least make some basic-ass dishes and operate a stove/oven/Foreman grill. It's not even that hard, it just takes slightly more effort than pressing ON on the microwave so people aren't into it.

ReiGun

Adults who can't cook thread still going like it's a controversial and polarizing thing. Learn to fucking cook brehs, no excuses.

I just don't understand how you can be an adult and not be able to feed yourself. You don't even need to be a five star chef; just know enough that you can eat and the food not taste wholly terrible.

The Smallville thread has also become incredibly obtuse.
I'm really gonna need people to get over Man of Steel. Yeah, it was disappointing, but it's been 6 going on 7 months. Let that hurt go.

Lol yea Lorde was dancing like Voldermort last night. Shit kind of reminded me of Reptar from Rugrats the way she moves her hands

Gorillaz just need to come back for one last album and win the grammy's. Then we will be full circle(ish) since Daft Punk/Gorillaz are always grouped together since they had the same type of rise.

i don't see that comparison but personally i think damon albarn alone is > daft punk.

RAM is worse than Plastic Beach (which had a few gems and many argue is their weakest album)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Weakest Gorillaz album still > most everything else in the genre.

And Plastic Beach is in my top three for them.
Hey, you leave me and my hamburger helper alone!

Gorillaz

i don't see that comparison but personally i think damon albarn alone is > daft punk.

RAM is worse than Plastic Beach (which had a few gems and many argue is their weakest album)

There was comparison's back in the day because they were both kind of out of left field and their plight was similar. Music wise, they are night and day. Gorillaz adapted a bit each album from alt rock in their debut to alt hip hop in Demon Days to alt pop in Plastic Beach. Where Daft was mainly tech/house music but in that genre they were the fucking pillars.

And Plastic Beach is in my top three for them

Plastic Beach didn't catch on for me at first but after a few listens I started respecting it more. It wasn't a Demon Days 2 that everyone was hoping for.

Why haven't her performance been giffed yet?

Perfect response to some bullshit IMO.

And there's a thread about adult cooking. That shit is a rite of passage when you get older. What cats can't understand that.

seriously. cooking is easy as fuck. you don't even have to interact with another human. how hard can it be?

mtSoVG9.jpg

i made that in like 20 minutes.

Mr. Patch

OK, so based on those percentages I guess Kendrick is the most niggerish. The voting makes sense.

Nah, thats just my imagination.

Hmm... you may be right.

1. White guy
2. Extremely rich guy
3. Half Jewish Half Simp
4. Extremely rich guy with babby's first attempt at Hip Hop/Electronic fusion
5. Kendrick Lamar of the same place Richard Sherman is from

Nakazato

It wont happen.... Thank Damon.

:(

As someone that cooks on the regular there is no reason Black white male female to not know how to cook. like Robert Rodriguez said "Cooking is like sex your going to be doing it the rest of your life might as well be good at it"

And on the same note my gf cant cook... I dont how many time I've said to say... "did you season that meat ?" Salt and peper make a world of difference. Asked her to take a cooking class with me (for the romance brehs) was told no and her exact words were "Im not interested in learning how to cook thats what your for"

:\

So fam.... Life skills are important..... Teach your kids how to cook.

Damn, I only really started to cook for myself in past couple of years and it's pretty fun. I don't see why folks bugging out. You haven't lived until you accidentally start a small grease fire.

Lately, my most relaxing Saturday has been tuning into PBS and watching all the cooking shows.

Nakazato

They talked it up again a few months ago that they would be down to getting back together tho. Him and Jamie agrue literally every time after an album comes out "breaks up" and forms a new album like 4-5 years later.

I was in 8th grade when The self titled album came out... I was 22 when Plastic Beach came out.... At this rate ill be married with kids and other issues when the next CD comes out.

I really believe we will get another Blur album before a gorillaz Ablum

Damn, I only really started to cook for myself in past couple of years and it's pretty fun. I don't see why folks bugging out. You haven't lived until you accidentally start a small grease fire.
lol so true I went Deep fryer after that happen to me

Onemic

And Plastic Beach is in my top three for them.Hey, you leave me and my hamburger helper alone!

Gorrilaz only have 3 LP's doe....

As much as I love Plastic Beach though, RAM > PB and DP > Gorillaz

I'll be the first to say that Gorillaz self-titled is pretty whack.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Gorrilaz only have 3 LP's doe....

As much as I love Plastic Beach though, RAM > PB and DP > Gorillaz

I'll be the first to say that Gorillaz self-titled is pretty whack.
That's the joke (<_<)

DD > PB > Gorillaz

I just really like Plastic Beach, idk why. Just feels like a perfect summer album to me.

Onemic

<------ the door is

DD>Gorillaz=PB

That album is weak as fuckkkkkkkk. Clint Eastwood and 19-2000 are good along with a few others, but for the most part it just didnt do anything for me like their other two. It's been so long since I listened to it for me to give a better breakdown, but It's by far my least fav Gorillaz album by a mile.(Unless you count The Fall as a Gorillaz album, which I try not to)

for me its

DD>PB>>>>>>>>>Gorillaz

Furyous

At least be a struggle gourmet chef. You can cook a baked potato in the microwave in 10 minutes. IMHO, if you can use a oven, skillet, and boil basic stuff you're fine. I've cooked ramen in the microwave because I'm too lazy to grab pot.

Learning how to cook is easy if you meal prep like a weight lifter. Spend 4 hours cooking 100 pounds of food and don't cook for a month.

https://twitter.com/yaboybillnye/status/427619462225735680/photo/1

Pharrell's hat probably cost a full pell grant.

Gorillaz

Damon made the fall all on his Ipad, during American leg of the PB tour. He did it in a month and it was just to blow off steam

yea it was shit

I can't take the time to learn how to cook as I make my 5,000th post on Gaf.

Why learn to cook when you can argue over which fedoras are in this season?

Kreed

How much of the outrage is because Macklemore is white?

It's definitely a factor in why people think Macklemore won over Kendrick and it's fueling the overall outrage, but the core issue is that most people think that Kendrick had the better hip hop album. But Macklemore being white will definitely carry this issue longer than it normally would last though whereas if it were Drake or Jay-Z who had won I believe they would have gotten complaints too, but I think it would die out in a day or two.

I just don't understand how you can be an adult and not be able to feed yourself. You don't even need to be a five star chef; just know enough that you can eat and the food not taste wholly terrible.

Because you're dealing with man children, not adults.

DominoKid

honestly the only reason i ever cook is because it's cheaper than eating out. i can cook really good when i can be bothered to do it but i just don't like it at all.

Onemic

It's definitely a factor in why people think Macklemore won over Kendrick and it's fueling the overall outrage, but the core issue is that most people think that Kendrick had the better hip hop album. But Macklemore being white will definitely carry this issue longer than it normally would last though whereas if it were Drake or Jay-Z who had won I believe they would have gotten complaints too, but I think it would die out in a day or two.

I think it's definitely a combination, but most of it stems from the fact that most hip hop heads consider Macklemore shit. Add to that that he's white and you have a recipe for the outrage we have right now. It's more like the cherry on top, rather than the main ingredient. If someone like Flo Rida or BOB won instead the amount of outrage would be pretty similar, though not as bad. The reason why Drake/Jay/Kanye wouldnt draw close to as much controversy is because these dudes have at least proven themselves to the hip hop community, where if one of them won, you can at least make some type of argument towards the quality of their music.

It's like when Jethro Tull won best Metal album instead of Metallica back in the 90's. he just didn't even belong in the same category.

Mr. Patch

Since, there is some talk about about gay rights and hip hop in OT, I feel I need to ask this.

How often do you feel you have heard rappers use gay or the other f-bomb in a disparaging manner in the last few years?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Since, there is some talk about about gay rights and hip hop in OT, I feel I need to ask this.

How often do you feel you have heard rappers use gay or the other f-bomb in a disparaging manner in the last few years?

The subtext is still there, but we are long gone from the days when DMX was rhyming 'faggot' with 'faggot' sixteen times over.

Trey

I don't hear either much, but that's probably due to it just blending in with the rest of the ignorant lyrics when I'm listening to trap music.

You don't have to look hard to find homophobic bars, that's for sure.

seriously. cooking is easy as fuck. you don't even have to interact with another human. how hard can it be?

If this doesn't get GAF's attention, nothing will

Edit: Lorde is a 17 year old girl, let's give her a grace period. In 2012, America didn't even know who she was and was probably still in high school in New Zealand somewhere. If nothing changes in lieu to more grammy nominations next year, then feel free.

DominoKid

If this doesn't get GAF's attention, nothing will

Edit: Lorde is a 17 year old girl, let's give her a grace period. In 2012, America didn't even know who she was and was probably still in high school in New Zealand somewhere. If nothing changes in lieu to more grammy nominations next year, then feel free.

nah if your shit aint tight then you deserve to get roasted until your shit is tight.
that girl sucks at performing and it's simple as that.
she lucky its 2014 and not 30 or 40 years ago because they wouldn't even let her in the studio to record a track let alone on stage.

It's less of a problem than a decade ago I think, especially among mainstream acts. Eminem did say it a few times on his last album, but grandpa's washed up anyway.

JohnDoe

Banned

I could make breakfast, lunch and dinner for myself and my family at 15 years old. I had to learn it because my mother worked shifts so I'd often end up having to do my own lunch when she had her day shift. No excuses indeed.
Some people in that thread are fucking disgusting... reading about their eating habits makes me hurl and they resort to that shit just to avoid learning a fucking life skill.

cyborg009

Banned
So during MLK day I saw my sister watching this video. She had headphones on and I couldn't hear anything which made it even more hilarious. It from this local DJ who was really popular when I was younger.

Mr. Patch

In a world where everything people say on social media can end up in the news, nobody has reported on George Zimmerman saying he'll fight Ralphie May?

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
What does it feel like in terms of player movement and kill times, if you would compare it to other popular shooters?

As smooth as CoD4/ MW2 were.

Kill times are around Black Ops 1 sort of speed, with default weapons. Guessing better weapons in game will be more effective traded off with reduced fire rate, etc.

Titan controls are very intuitive.

RedSwirl

I am mortally afraid of stoves and ovens.

I can boil eggs, fry hash browns, cook gravy, and toast hamburger buns. That's it. Some people just live their whole damn lives within close proximity of restaurants and microwaves. My mom has already told me I"ll probably starve unless I get married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom