• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Eyeshield21 was the best with that stuff. They had epic final move sounding names for simple shit like stiff arming a dude, lol

Devilbat Ghost was only a spin move.

Edit: I read a random early chapter to get a quick feel for the manga. I'm cracking up that dude got banged on within the first three chapters.

The cartoon or the live-action movie?

Live Action Tim Story directed one. Its the little shit that I liked. Haven't seen the movie in years so watching it again and I don't know what to think. I still loved the final fight scene and ole captain america was spot on asshole Johnny. There were really solid moments but then some stinker moments.

Eyeshield21 was the best with that stuff. They had epic final move sounding names for simple shit like stiff arming a dude, lol

Devilbat Ghost was only a spin move.

Edit: I read a random early chapter to get a quick feel for the manga. I'm cracking up that dude got banged on within the first three chapters.

Yea Eyeshield was pretty good with it, but the way Kuro writes it just cracks me up. Ankle break yo, cats can do that on command lol.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yea Eyeshield was pretty good with it, but the way Kuro writes it just cracks me up. Ankle break yo, cats can do that on command lol.
Just watched the last ep.

So much hype over McGrady and Kobe finishing the game going a combined 2 for 6.

That spin fade falling 3 over the double team in the corner though....

Trey

Ankle break yo, cats can do that on command lol.

This manga sent me down the internet rabbit hole until I came across the 2012 Olympics USA-Nigeria match where USA ran it up on them.

James Harden got hit like I couldn't believe. Dude did the James Brown split. Somehow I forgot about this.

Live Action Tim Story directed one. Its the little shit that I liked. Haven't seen the movie in years so watching it again and I don't know what to think. I still loved the final fight scene and ole captain america was spot on asshole Johnny. There were really solid moments but then some stinker moments.

Pretty much agree with you fully. The less said about the sequel, the better though.

I think I read a Kuroko no basket recommendation from here too..

Whoever recommended it
kttcolisalute

Kagami is supposed to be Blake Griffin in his rookie season right?

That's really fucking weird. But...

I totally use my phone on the toilet. Every time. I don't know many people who don't, actually. That or a book, but I don't have any paper books as of late, sooo

I worry for your digestive tracts if it takes you long enough to read things while you shit. Drink some coffee or eat some veggies.

That's really fucking weird. But...

I totally use my phone on the toilet. Every time. I don't know many people who don't, actually. That or a book, but I don't have any paper books as of late, sooo

Unless you are licking your phone/book afterwards it's a whole different ball game.

This manga sent me down the internet rabbit hole until I came across the 2012 Olympics USA-Nigeria match where USA ran it up on them.

James Harden got hit like I couldn't believe. Dude did the James Brown split. Somehow I forgot about this.

Man when I watch ball on TV now, I call out all the skills like I'm reading KnB. Harden got hit with that Emperor Eye/Ankle Break combo. Akashi would be proud.

I think I read a Kuroko no basket recommendation from here too..

Whoever recommended it
kttcolisalute

Kagami is supposed to be Blake Griffin in his rookie season right?

I always saw Kagami as any HS -> Pro type player with raw skills that were unrefined.

Use to astound me when people brought their cup in the bathroom at work.

There's some people at my job that do that. It's like, why would you bring your drink into the bathroom to have atomized waste fall into it?

On the subject of reading in the bathroom, it's a convenient way to pass the time. It's unhealthy to rush lol

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I see people bring their bags into the bathroom and set them on the floor in the stalls.

Imagine them setting those same bags on classroom desks or public tables at restaurants.

Kinda makes you want to be a supervillain. Wiping us all out is the only way to truly be clean!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys don't watch New Japan Pro Wrestling, you should give it a try.

Here's their current champion:

iN5ZHjUDyI547.gif

Gorillaz

I thought modbot was just a way for mods to deal with a thread without having people take it personal or as an attack on them since they don't know who the mod that did it is.

If you guys don't watch New Japan Pro Wrestling, you should give it a try.

Here's their current champion:

iN5ZHjUDyI547.gif

what's up with the dinosaur

and cloud's sword

why

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought modbot was just a way for mods to deal with a thread without having people take it personal or as an attack on them since they don't know who the mod that did it is.

what's up with the dinosaur

and cloud's sword

why

New Japan has some of the best entrances ever:

iblaZ6c06UZojr.gif

Loses something without his fantastic music though.

ibpWtnE7WZm6kR.gif

You guys are ruining Akashi's power for me since I've only watched with the anime. No big deal, though.

I can't wait until they run into some black guy who can do all that shit they can do with barely any effort.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
how do i watch this .... LOL4

and what that is that newer anime about a mmo not SAO (Cause FUCK SAO)

They're available live and on-demand from http://ustream.tv/njpw but honestly, a lot of them make their way to Youtube or Dailymotion within a day.

Also since I know Slayven can appreciate some good cosplay, Titan vs Negro Casas this year was fucking phenomenal, and Titan came out as...

bHJPDm9.png

Full match is on Dailymotion, here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1...13-leyenda-de-plata-final_sport?search_algo=1

Note: It's 2 out of 3 falls. Titan's entrance is amazing but he's amazing too.

Now I'll shut the hell up since I've dropped a wrasslin bomb in here that nobody asked for.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Please tell me Undertaker has done this shit. I know he's showed up in a coffin IN the ring but still.

Honestly, and I like Undertaker (old school Taker, not so into everything after his affair with SATAN) but he's never done something that awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom