• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

What era WCW? Cause Nintendo claims this era
k9QRowE.jpg

Turner era WCW. It exists because people in upper management will it to exist.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
super street fighter 4

best thing to do is just practice motions on both sides of the screen in training mode

Something my friend got me doing was turning on infinite meter and just doing Gen's super into itself over and over as many times as I could. Helped me get real accurate and precise with the double motions on both sides, and I feel that just trickles down to the easier ones

best thing to do is just practice motions on both sides of the screen in training mode

Something my friend got me doing was turning on infinite meter and just doing Gen's super into itself over and over as many times as I could. Helped me get real accurate and precise with the double motions on both sides, and I feel that just trickles down to the easier ones

Yeah I've just been practicing a lot.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Tekken was the only fighting game i was half decent at. Dat Bryan Fury-Raven combo

tekken is the first fighting game where i made a dude look like a fool button mashing. beat dude with alex 3 times using the whirlwind punch to do it. namco must have felt that was too hard and introduced dial a combo eddy gordo in the next game

My girl wanted Captain Ds. I'm in this spot and I'm the only cat of color in here. There looking at me like I just walked in a whites only bathroom. I'm like Luke Cage in Latveria. So as I'm walking out this big redneck sack of shit looks at my bag and says "Did you get it all?" I stop and look up from my phone and with a stare honed from the darkest depths of despair and anguish I say "Yeah and I didn't leave you shit"

My girl wanted Captain Ds. I'm in this spot and I'm the only cat of color in here. There looking at me like I just walked in a whites only bathroom. I'm like Luke Cage in Latveria. So as I'm walking out this big redneck sack of shit looks at my bag and says "Did you get it all?" I stop and look up from my phone and with a stare honed from the darkest depths of despair and anguish I say "Yeah and I didn't leave you shit"

Sweet Christmas!

What is Captain D's? (I'm from Ohio)

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
My best fighting game is definitely Tekken. I used to be a pro with Xiaoyu but I slacked off and don't put the effort anymore unless I'm about to compete. I beat all my friends so at this point I've got little to worry about lol

Well GAF looks like my life is looking up. So I'm a freelance graphic designer of modest skill (So basically my income is in the 40s unlike some big names bringing in 6 figures). I've been really working on hand lettering for the past few months (I still suck with caligraphy pens like no one's business though).

Anyways, a local author with a publisher asked me to do her book cover using hand lettering. This is pretty huge to me because prior I really just stuck with branding and UI/UX work, but I'm finding that hand lettering and everything it entails in my true joy whereas I find UX/UI work annoying to the point I kinda hate it (though branding will forever be fun even with a horrible client). We talked about price and outright ownership of the illustrations and needless to say rent will be paid for a good 6 months off this. I have to give thanks to one of my good friends who passed doing it and recommending her to me.

Makes me want to get my website up and running by the end of this week, which I might just forgo my own coding and just working with something like Squarespace (but Kirby CMS is so gooood tho!)

Slayven

Well GAF looks like my life is looking up. So I'm a freelance graphic designer of modest skill (So basically my income is in the 40s unlike some big names bringing in 6 figures). I've been really working on hand lettering for the past few months (I still suck with caligraphy pens like no one's business though).

Anyways, a local author with a publisher asked me to do her book cover using hand lettering. This is pretty huge to me because prior I really just stuck with branding and UI/UX work, but I'm finding that hand lettering and everything it entails in my true joy whereas I find UX/UI work annoying to the point I kinda hate it (though branding will forever be fun even with a horrible client). We talked about price and outright ownership of the illustrations and needless to say rent will be paid for a good 6 months off this. I have to give thanks to one of my good friends who passed doing it and recommending her to me.

Makes me want to get my website up and running by the end of this week, which I might just forgo my own coding and just working with something like Squarespace (but Kirby CMS is so gooood tho!)

let me borrow 20 dollars.

We invented the first console?

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/04/jerry-lawson-dies

I'm about to post this on facebook and lose more conservative friends.

ooh, that looks like a gaming side Black History Spotlight

that is pretty damn cool. i wonder why im just hearing of him?

You don't read my post then. Along with Bass Reeves I posted about him as well. Yeah and he was a rival to the greats. Created one of the first arcade cabinet games, Demolition Derby. Man did solid work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom