• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

!!!

i need to buy/build a pc
moblin was trying to convince me to build one but i dont know what im doing. could i buy one and then change the parts later or is it just overall cheaper to build one?

If you can put together a LEGO set you can build a PC. It's just plugging a bunch of shit into other shit, you just have to know which plugs go where (which is what YouTube and the New PC Thread are for) - and most of them only fit in one socket anyway :p

DAT TITANFALL

Mike%2BBrown%2Bglasses.jpg

Is it March yet?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
this comment can go either way

AoT is essentially 'baby's first seinen manga'
Lol no

Best antagonistic force in years, ridiculous combat idea, easy to pick up/simple. No need to go all animegaf on it.

Martin needed to hit Incognito with a crisp uppercut.

Martin is just strange all around.

Who the fuck writes letters in this day and age? I can see him writing that shit in the corner of the locker room while listening to some Linkin Park.

Its not about growing up in the suburbs, he was just soft.

That does look pretty cool, but my problems with the CoD series were never with the look of it.

If it's just CoD with mechs I'm going to pass.

What were your problems with COD?

Its not really call of duty, I would say its a middle ground between COD and BF.

That being said I haven't been as hyped for a game since the COD MW beta on the 360. I knew playing it that it was going to be big, I got that same feeling today.

Silky

Banned
Lol no

Best antagonistic force in years, ridiculous combat idea, easy to pick up/simple. No need to go all animegaf on it.

agree to disagree. the combat and the titans in general are admittedly interesting, but I can't get into the cast as much as I like to.

cdyhybrid

What were your problems with COD?

Its not really call of duty, I would say its a middle ground between COD and BF.

That being said I haven't been as hyped for a game since the COD MW beta on the 360. I knew playing it that it was going to be big, I got that same feeling today.

My main problems were kind of intertwined, separately it might not have been as much of an issue. It felt like everything killed you instantly and the spawn system/maps were fucking AWFUL. Spawn, get 1-shot in the back, spawn, get sniped, spawn, get blown up, repeat ad nauseum. I like a slightly slower pace that allows for more tactical play.

I know MW1 was widely seen as the pinnacle of the series, but I started with MW2 and basically quit the series after BLOPS.

Gorillaz

AoT only had a season and a manga that's a few chapters deep so there is still room for character development. Unless the manga said fuck it and put more into story and plot. Idk havn't read it yet.

Fire up Section 8 Prejudice and all the servers are gone

mr-t-crying.gif

I remember getting that for like 5 bucks a few years back off of the name alone. Shit sounds hilarious.

For what it' worth it wasn't that bad. Lower budget obviously but it was doable.

My main problems were kind of intertwined, separately it might not have been as much of an issue. It felt like everything killed you instantly and the spawn system/maps were fucking AWFUL. Spawn, get 1-shot in the back, spawn, get sniped, spawn, get blown up, repeat ad nauseum. I like a slightly slower pace that allows for more tactical play.

I know MW1 was widely seen as the pinnacle of the series, but I started with MW2 and basically quit the series after BLOPS.
I'm actually burnt on that style of gameplay as well. I'm still interested in TF but after years of that style, I'm drained.

Yeah MW1 is my favorite, and shit went down hill progressively afterwards.

But I think thats why the 6v6 is perfect for this game, anything more would be a nightmare. But its still very fast, so if your not keeping your head on a swivel you will get blasted.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I'm in the same boat as you. MW2 was so much fun.

cdyhybrid

Yeah MW1 is my favorite, and shit went down hill progressively afterwards.

But I think thats why the 6v6 is perfect for this game, anything more would be a nightmare. But its still very fast, so if your not keeping your head on a swivel you will get blasted.

I don't mind the fast pace, as long as the maps are well-designed. Small team sizes gives me encouragement. BLOPS felt like a shootout in a hall closet. I'm going to register for TF beta and give it a shot. They made MW1 and I really enjoyed MW2 even with its flaws, so I owe them that much.

Damn I'm in the minority as I favored the Treyarch ones over IW. But again haven't played Ghosts and really don't have interest to at all.

MW 1 is the best no if ands or buts. If the game wasn't completly overrun with hackers I would still be playing it till this day.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
One thing DICE does better than anyone else in the FPS space is audio. War Tapes is hot sex in my ears. Titanfall's beta mix is pretty muddy and a lot of important info keeps getting lost, I hope that changes before release.

FyreWulff

I remember getting that for like 5 bucks a few years back off of the name alone. Shit sounds hilarious.

For what it' worth it wasn't that bad. Lower budget obviously but it was doable.

It was low budget, but it was a damn fun game.

[x] Dropping out of the sky like an ODST to spawn onto the map
[x] Spawn anywhere you want to
[x] Can built support structures and support vehicles and call them from anywhere on the battlefield. Including a mech. Was Titanfall before Titanfall
[x] Simple custom class setup where you could make yourself a megatank all the way to a glass ninja of death.
[x] Dynamic Objectives system kept things fresh and a match never played out the same way twice
[x] C&C Renegade + Battlefield + Halo

I mean a game where you can choose your heavy armor class, then coordinate with your team so that you drop first, taking all the anti-air fire while everyone else drops in behind you so they can cap a point within the first 15 seconds of the game, then dropping a support pod to heal your defender while running at 80mph across the field to jam the opposing team's electronics to shut down their capture, then a convoy drops onto the battlefield and you have to drive the gigantic convoy truck all the way across the level while your team is deploying health stations around it and dropping in from the sky to squash enemies hiding on the rocks above you?

Just..

goddamnit

Weird I thought it would be peer to peer on 360.

Nope, S8 was almost entirely dedicated servers. I think it's possible to host peer games but they have a much lower player limit and I don't think many people were interested in playing them.

It also had a neat feature where there would be an open dedicated server on the server list. If you selected it first, you could set all the parameters for it and then make it start. It was like renting a server for free, you just had to get to it first.

It seems like the company that sold the rented servers ended all subscriptions because they didn't want to charge people for a game with unclear rights status.

Silky

Banned
Damn I'm in the minority as I favored the Treyarch ones over IW. But again haven't played Ghosts and really don't have interest to at all.

With today's IW, Treyarch is superior. They have a better understanding on what makes a CoD game work, while adding their own shit and doing their thing. ghosts was like, half of aping the successes of B. Ops 2 and addig a bunch of pointless bullshit.

I'm hype for the next 3arc title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom