• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.... but really though can i get the pickle avi?
12564620945_8185b00b3b_o.jpg

Kreed

Damn I start watching House of Cards Season 2, come back and Blackace is demodded in the NBA GAF carnage. I could understand if dude was pulling some sneaky shit like Amirox, but all I can see is dude got demodded for not being more active in banning people for making jokes that are a part of the community. Definitely some double standards going on after what happened back when Mumei was demodded/use of the word cunt, IMO. Hopefully like Mumei he will get remodded at some point/things can get cleared up.

Also not surprised at the Michael Dunn case, but at least the guy got attempted murder which is more than Zimmerman got (and a retrial on first degree).

Kreed

What happened? Was it like last time?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100957514&postcount=4700

This poster PM's Duckroll about being "bullied" in the NBA GAF thread and Blackace never helping him, duckroll comes into the thread asking everyone to behave themselves, DY/Reilo try to explain the situation/how the NBA community operates, Duckroll takes it as "back talking" and "not following GAF rules", thread is closed to be evaluated. Blackace reopens the thread, EviLore recloses it. Lots of bans, Blackace demodded.

Silky

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100957514&postcount=4700

This poster PM's Duckroll about being "bullied" in the NBA GAF thread and Blackace never helping him, duckroll comes into the thread asking everyone to behave themselves, DY/Reilo try to explain the situation/how the NBA community operates, Duckroll takes it as "back talking" and "not following GAF rules", thread is closed to be evaluated. Blackace reopens the thread, EviLore recloses it. Lots of bans, Blackace demodded.

Damn.

Not damn at the NBAGAF situation but damn at how many people that I have on ignore post in that thread.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I've been enjoying House of Cards but after Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones and Mad Men I'm kind of sick of anti-hero(or Byronic hero. whatever) protagonists.

I mean I just finished episode 11 or so and I'm finding it really really hard to root for Underwood at this point. I mean at least Breaking Bad had you believing the lies Walt was telling himself, or had him fighting white supremacists and sociopaths so that you didn't feel so bad being invested in the success of a drug dealer/murderer.

Underwood is just kinda ruining lives for his petty revenge

idk if I'm gonna keep watching this. I suppose I'll finish the season at least.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Is House of Cards worth watching? I want to start on True Detective.

I should add that BCT convinced me to watch Attack On Titan last year, so y'all batting at 100% so far. Don't fail me.

DominoKid

I've been enjoying House of Cards but after Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones and Mad Men I'm kind of sick of anti-hero(or Byronic hero. whatever) protagonists.

I mean I just finished episode 11 or so and I'm finding it really really hard to root for Underwood at this point. I mean at least Breaking Bad had you believing the lies Walt was telling himself, or had him fighting white supremacists and sociopaths so that you didn't feel so bad being invested in the success of a drug dealer/murderer.

Underwood is just kinda ruining lives for his petty revenge

idk if I'm gonna keep watching this. I suppose I'll finish the season at least.

eh...HOC is full of dicks.

in the show's framework the only truly bad things Frank has done is
catching a few bodies
and that doesn't really bother me because they were kind of necessary. now how he's actually getting away with that is another story and i'm guessing that will come back around sooner or later. other than that he's just playing the game like everybody else is.

the folks in the show i truly enjoy are
1) Claire because she's just as cutthroat as Frank and she's smoother with it.
2) Remy because its all just business to him

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Anybody ever encountered one of those experiments where people try to see what it's like to be a minority, but in reverse? Just found this article about what's basically the opposite of that lady who put on a hijab for a day.

http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/groups/trending-in-america/p/trending-muslim-woman-discovers-friendly-new-world-when-a-winter-scarf-covers-her-hijab

K1UfLGX.jpg

Thread?

Someone should make a thread for this. I talk to Muslim women daily and I often hear them speak about this type of stuff.

Kreed

Is House of Cards worth watching? I want to start on True Detective.

I should add that BCT convinced me to watch Attack On Titan last year, so y'all batting at 100% so far. Don't fail me.

House of Cards is good, but I'd watch True Detective first since there's less episodes and you can watch House of Cards when ever. Just try to avoid spoilers (this thread can be a TV show mine field sometimes but it's gotten better)

abdi-captain-phillips.jpg

"Look at me, look at me........Im the best actor now."

He just won best supporting actor at the BAFTAs

Crazy story going from just chilling in Minnesota one day, then your acting next to Tom Hanks.

Gorillaz

All Star weekend is such a fucking joke now. I mean it's been heading down that path for years but the mix of David Stern fuckery and actual players not giving a shit, it sped up the process.

Just figured to bring this up here since NBA gaf thing happened. Just finally read through what you guys said about it. Shit just imploded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom