• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Finished Attack on Titan. It was cool. Not the life changing experience it was made out to be, but I can't really hold that against it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What platform? I might have a code you can use to download it. Hit me up tomorrow.

Here's Aveline.
Bgo3NwMCMAAcXfh.jpg

That looks fantastic too. Great stuff.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I mean, I'm not all knowing when it comes to anything but that's why it's nice to speak to other people and learn, you know?

Some of them in that thread are just so closed off its impossible for them to understand that.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
All good!

And that hijab thread....its like some people have never stepped outside before.

you're on GAF, bro

you're wasting your time if you have anything to say about religion or religious people that isn't along the lines of, "fuck all the morons who believe that."

Slayven

you're on GAF, bro

you're wasting your time if you have anything to say about religion or religious people that isn't along the lines of, "fuck all the morons who believe that."

yeah that stuff is off putting. God forbid you be fat AND religious.

Hi everyone! I've been on the forums, but mainly just lurked this thread. Figured I'd at least post an intro see how it goes. So I'll just copy and past the one from the OP:

Where you're from- Rhode Island

Where you live- Rhode Island

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- I'm half-Italian and half-black (though my dad also has a lot of Native American roots as well).

Do you know your roots- We know my mom's side pretty well. My mother was first generation American. Her family came here from Italy. My dad is a bit trickier since prior to slavery we don't really know. The oldest ancestor on that side goes back to slavery days and she was the daughter of the plantation owner and a slave. She actually escaped from the plantation with the help of a Native American man who she ended up marrying and she lived on a reservation with him for the rest of her life.

Your Age- 31

Favorite musical genre- Pop mostly of the Korean variety lately.

Your profession/major/career interest- I am currently a stay at home dad.

Your religious affiliation- Athiest

Hobbies- Video games, reading, board/Tabletop games

Slayven

Hi everyone! I've been on the forums, but mainly just lurked this thread. Figured I'd at least post an intro see how it goes. So I'll just copy and past the one from the OP:

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- I'm half-Italian and half-black (though my dad also has a lot of Native American roots as well).

Do you know your roots- We know my mom's side pretty well. My mother was first generation American. Her family came here from Italy. My dad is a bit trickier since prior to slavery we don't really know. The oldest ancestor on that side goes back to slavery days and she was the daughter of the plantation owner and a slave. She actually escaped from the plantation with the help of a Native American man who she ended up marrying and she lived on a reservation with him for the rest of her life.

Your Age- 31

Welcome

BoA or Hyori?

Nakazato

BoA is the Beyonce of Kpop.

lol

In 2 Days ive played 15 hours of TitanFall.... Im enjoying it BUT... Im not going to buy it at launch got a feeling we will have the BF4 problems at Launch and with a game like this being online only Im not taking the chance.

also surprised how well im going with a ps4 controller auto aim need to be buffed a lil more tho.

Spinluck

lol

In 2 Days ive played 15 hours of TitanFall.... Im enjoying it BUT... Im not going to buy it at launch got a feeling we will have the BF4 problems at Launch and with a game like this being online only Im not taking the chance.

also surprised how well im going with a ps4 controller auto aim need to be buffed a lil more tho.

I can't remember.

But doesn't the PS4 controller sync right up with PC without any problems?

Would be pretty useful.

Edit: welcome Rei.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so with all this talk about Titanfall I finally bit the bullet

and installed Planetside 2

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Welcome Rei, make yourself at home

edit: from THAT thread - "Oh you have a boyfriend? So why do you STILL wear the hijab??!"

I just can't.....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
so with all this talk about Titanfall I finally bit the bullet

and installed Planetside 2

Planetside 2 is a shitload of fun. Haven't had the feeling replicated since - rolled out to war with about 300 others, all the tanks and ships in the air at once and ground forces...it's pretty impressive. It's not perfect but it's absolutely bonkers on a huge scale.

Gorillaz

Got 2 Rei's
Got 2 Spindash

yall should do some sort of tag team match, see which Rei/Spin team is left standing, there can only be one.

jokes aside welcome, Rei no Otaku

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Your Age- 31

Welcome! :33

Knowing a couple people who wear hijabs, including a gaffer, that thread has me stuck between laughing and just outright disgusted.

Same here. I backed out because it's turning too ugly but I'm still observing.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Got 2 Rei's
Got 2 Spindash

yall should do some sort of tag team match, see which Rei/Spin team is left standing, there can only be one.

jokes aside welcome, Rei no Otaku

theres a few parallax variants. don't know if they are back though

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
the more I play attack on titanfall, the more I get real pissed for buying ghosts. most of the time I drop my titan and get my spider man on taking down dudes going for it.

Alt universe Rio is white and married to a thick sista

Imma be real as fuck for a second. I would HATE to meet Alt Rio. My exact opposite would be a fucking HORRIBLE pushover and person. He would be sneaky as fuck and couldnt stand to anyone. No empathy or compassion. Goddamn.

So BCT, what would your alt be?

cdyhybrid

Imma be real as fuck for a second. I would HATE to meet Alt Rio. My exact opposite would be a fucking HORRIBLE pushover and person. He would be sneaky as fuck and couldnt stand to anyone. No empathy or compassion. Goddamn.

So BCT, what would your alt be?

James Bond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom