• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
61613mcdowells.jpg

Beloved Coming To America Restaurant McDowell's Will Soon Be Demolished

As Bruce Springsteen once sang, "Everything dies baby, that's a fact/but maybe everything that dies one day comes back as a Wendy's." That logic held true for the Queens Boulevard Wendy's, which has been better known to New Yorkers as McDowell's from Coming To America, Eddie Murphy's first and greatest foray into playing multiple characters on film. The building's outer facade hasn't changed much since the 1988 film, so it is with great sadness we relay the message that it will soon be demolished to make way for a $105-million, six-story structure with luxury apartments and ground-floor stores. So long to Golden Arcs and Big Micks.

http://gothamist.com/2013/06/16/beloved_coming_to_america_restauran.php

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
how do you guys feel about british blacks using the word nigga?

I feel like they will say it with an accent.

Blaster Knuckle

I bring you some good info for BHM. This manga made back in 1992 is essentially Nat Turner's manga. Katsucon has taught me a great many of things

thanks for this. artwork really reminds me of beserk but there doesn't seem to be any correlation.

Destroying history to make room for luxury apartments, sounds like America alright.

The yelp reviews are kind of great

I had a bad experience on my first visit. There was an attempted armed robbery and the bathroom was covered in some sort of hair gel.

I met the owner, Cleo McDowell, after his skinny daughter mistook me for El DeBarge & threw herself at me. It did not take me long to uncover the shocking truth: Cleo McDowell and James Evans from "Good Times" are one in the same! James faked his death, as he was tired of living in the Chicago projects and coming home to his thick-neck wife.

Let me tell you why I love the Golden Arcs:
- Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on non-sesame seed bun so I don't get them stuck in my teeth
- Sexual Chocolate shake named after Jackson Height's own local band and lead singer, that boy good!!
- Some of the best women Queens has to offer eat here, pretty face, a firm backside, and big breasts like casaba melons
- And no hippopotamus shit, place so free, one can throw glass on the streets!

I went here for dinner after the Miss Black Awareness pageant and the food was pretty good.

However, I wish I hadn't copped that Randy Watson mixtape outside...I liked him better as Joe the Policeman on the What's Going Down ep of That's My Momma. You live and you learn.

That last one gets me because it's HYPER obscure. Who the hell remembers, let alone name checks "That's My Momma?"

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mcdowells-elmhurst

zero_suit

All Star weekend is such a fucking joke now. I mean it's been heading down that path for years but the mix of David Stern fuckery and actual players not giving a shit, it sped up the process.

Just figured to bring this up here since NBA gaf thing happened. Just finally read through what you guys said about it. Shit just imploded

Yup, I only watched 30 minutes total this weekend.

Nakazato

how do you guys feel about british blacks using the word nigga?
I'm personally against anyone saying it. But I have no problem with it.

Had some Asian friends drop n bombs around me made me uncomfortable. I was kinda shocked the they were using it. Almost pulled that's our word.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm personally against anyone saying it. But I have no problem with it.

Had some Asian friends drop n bombs around me made me uncomfortable. I was kinda shocked the they were using it. Almost pulled that's our word.

Yea. It's such a bad habit at this point in life. I've been trying stop using it so much. I feel like a lot of black folks are hypocrites when it comes to it's usage.

Furyous

I thought Dunn was going away for at least 60 years?

I saw that 21 things thread, looked around, and hit backspace quick as shit. I couldn't respond positively.

Gorillaz

"smoke jumper" is a new one

getting little more creative with the terminology

edit: it's even in urban dictionary lol

Smoke Jumper: A white woman with the insatiable hunger for the black rod. Even though they will be paying for the meals, and the nights out at 'da club', and taking her share of beatings, the smoke jumper will continue to date black guys, especially after she has a half breed baby, considering no white man would want her ruined gash after she has a black guy in her.
"Dude, that chick's a smoke jumper, and her boyfriend's in jail. I'll bet her father's really proud."

lol

TNT just did a Sager vs sofa segment. Harrison Barnes' reaction to his suit was hilarious. Side note why does the NBA insist on these horrible ass jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom