• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
my best female friend just acknowledged that she wants her roommate to turn me down and that she'd actively cockblock me despite me telling her I honestly want to take the girl out

should I be salty

cuz im salty

I don't recognize this part of the game.

Order

my best female friend just acknowledged that she wants her roommate to turn me down and that she'd actively cockblock me despite me telling her I honestly want to take the girl out

should I be salty

cuz im salty
I think your friend may want to go with you

should I be salty

cuz im salty

Think the friend wants u all to herself. U telling her you want the other chick has probably triggered some deep down emotion. something something he was in my face all the time....something something

Does she want you? Would you go out with her given the opportunity? If the answer to either of those is no, then you should be salty and tell her to mind her business.

yea the answer is no but I've got no chance if she's going to get in my way and its got me kind of raging right now

its whatever, gotta take the L and move on

yea the answer is no but I've got no chance if she's going to get in my way and its got me kind of raging right now

its whatever, gotta take the L and move on

Like hell you will......U make ur move for the chick regardless of the friend. Only possible outcomes are the following:

Get the chick.
Smash the friend.
Smash em both.
Lose the friend AND the chick but send em both dick pics and show em what they missed out on.

Black Culture Thread OT6:Lurkers cross the street
Black Culture Thread OT6:De-Humanize the Right Thang
Black Culture Thread OT6:Miley was only the beginning
Black Culture Thread OT6:Whooty, Soul and Cornball Bro's
Black Culture Thread OT6:You can copy me but not the BBC
Black Culture Thread OT6:Dealing with WHM 343 days of the year
Black Culture Thread OT6:Obama's final plan
Black Culture Thread OT6:Black only comes in one resolution
Black Culture Thread OT6:Nasty Bish's get Slayed Viewtifully

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
The Black Culture Thread |OT6| I think some of us are black

Black Culture Thread OT6:Lurkers cross the street
Black Culture Thread OT6:De-Humanize the Right Thang
Black Culture Thread OT6:Miley was only the beginning
Black Culture Thread OT6:Whooty, Soul and Cornball Bro's
Black Culture Thread OT6:You can copy me but not the BBC
Black Culture Thread OT6:Dealing with WHM 343 days of the year
Black Culture Thread OT6:Obama's final plan
Black Culture Thread OT6:Black only comes in one resolution
Black Culture Thread OT6:Nasty Bish's get Slayed Viewtifully

I laughed too much. lol

akira28

just got my disbursement check...slammed my pinkie in the car door on the way to the bank. message received. 'nigga, dont get too happy now'

ReiGun

I only enjoy being black in the privacy of my own home. I wouldn't dare risk making people uncomfortable with my happy blackness.

PlayDat

Black History Month ain't over yet! Didn't know who Oseola McCarthy was until I read about her in a textbook last semester. She has a really neat story.

220px-Oseola_McCarty.jpg

McCarty drew global attention after it was announced in July 1995 that she had established a trust through which, at her death, a portion of her life’s savings would be left to the university to provide scholarships for deserving students in need of financial assistance. The amount was estimated at $150,000,[1][2] a surprising amount given her menial occupation.

With the assistance of a local attorney (for whom she had done laundry) and the bank's trust officer, using slips of paper and dimes (to represent 10% shares), McCarty set out the future distribution of her estate. She set aside one dime (10%) for her church, one dime (10%) each for three relatives, and the remaining six dimes (60%) for Southern Miss. She stipulated that the funds should be used for students, preferably those of African-American descent, who could not otherwise attend due to financial hardship. When news of McCarty's plan was made public, local leaders immediately funded an endowment in her honor.

Slayven

should I be salty

cuz im salty
Want me to run interference?

Today i definitely enjoyed being black.

This needs to be a daily thing. We discuss if we enjoyed or not enjoyed being black that day. And why.

MONICAS!!!!

ReiGun

Every woman needs a dude she can call up and talk about how all men ain't shit, and if she is hungry but don't have anything to eat. And loan your netflix account to.

Whoa, whoa whoa....bruhs loaning out netflix accounts now? Nah B.

Brothers need to have more respect for themselves. That's your $8 a month. Act like it.

Been making it through the indie black movies on Netflix. (Gimme the Loot, Newlyweeds, Medicine for Melancholy, Welcome to Pine HIll, etc.) Finished off with Big Words.

No one told me Jean Grae was in this, or that she got neck tattoos. Glerp. I used to have the BIGGEST crush on her but neck tattoos depress me.

harSon

Banned
My knowledge of rock, punk, etc. is so laughably bad. I was never exposed to it growing up, and I never made an effort to get into it. When I was living in Santa Cruz, people would look at me like I was trapped in a nuclear bunker for the entirety of my life when I'd earnestly tell them I had no idea what the hell they were talking about. You could play the most iconic songs from the genre, and I would probably be able to name 1 out of 20 right if I'm lucky. You could ask me to name a song from the most iconic bands, and the result would likely be the same. I really should at least give it a try...

i feel like a black man in Flordia.

Welcome to the Church of Slayvenocity at Living Word Mount Table on the Mountain First Baptist. We been expecting you, services are on the First and 15th of every month.

black-preacher.jpg

#preach #dead

In other news, a white male co-worker told me today that I remind him of Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I like Tyson, so I took it as a compliment.

JohnDoe

Banned
#preach #dead

In other news, a white male co-worker told me today that I remind him of Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I like Tyson, so I took it as a compliment.

Really hope it's not the kind of "You're black and really smart, there's only like a handful of those!" thing.

My knowledge of rock, punk, etc. is so laughably bad. I was never exposed to it growing up, and I never made an effort to get into it. When I was living in Santa Cruz, people would look at me like I was trapped in a nuclear bunker for the entirety of my life when I'd earnestly tell them I had no idea what the hell they were talking about. You could play the most iconic songs from the genre, and I would probably be able to name 1 out of 20 right if I'm lucky. You could ask me to name a song from the most iconic bands, and the result would likely be the same. I really should at least give it a try...

It's kind of a shame how black artist have mainly moved away from instruments. With the rise of electronic production the need to play your music has diminished, mainly because it's cheaper and more accessible. But looking back at groups like Earth Wind & Fire or Sly & the Family Stone it's kind of sad that we have kind of put ourselves in a box.

There are exceptions but I feel we could be doing so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom