• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can get their products if they wait or if they pre-ordered. These things are not in limited supply. This is not price gouging on food or gas after a disaster. Gamers are so fucking entitled.

I don't get this whole entitled gamers labeling. At least on this issue. People react the same way to any product that gets scalped like that. Be it Ipads, TV's, whatever.

I don't want to turn this into a Gaming Side debate, so this will be the last I'll say. People hate scalpers and resellers because they're not legitimate consumers. It's a hustle that simply increases the price for legitimate consumers. I mean you can talk all you want about "having foresight" but the reality is a scalper is just seizing an opportunity to rip someone else off. If that's what a scalper chooses to do, fine. But acting as if people who are upset about that are out of line really doesn't work. It doesn't matter if, in this specific case, there was opportunities to get pre-orders in because the dislike for scalpers isn't limited to just this situation.

It's allowed only until it isn't allowed (usually by the retailers at the behest of the Manufacturer). The crux of the issue lies in morality and of course people sit all over the spectrum on morality issues. I don't think people who get upset over scalping are being ridiculous though.
scalpers are like those 30 year old dudes who hang out by the high school trying to pick up chicks because 16 is legal in their state. the way i feel is ... hey, if you're okay with being that guy, more power to you!

Imm0rt4l

They can get their products if they wait or if they pre-ordered. These things are not in limited supply. This is not price gouging on food or gas after a disaster. Gamers are so fucking entitled.
I agree that gamers are really entitled but i dont think this is an example of their entitlement at all.
scalpers are like those 30 year old dudes who hang out by the high school trying to pick up chicks because 16 is legal in their state. the way i feel is ... hey, if you're okay with being that guy, more power to you!
This example is perfect

I don't get this whole entitled gamers labeling. At least on this issue. People react the same way to any product that gets scalped like that. Be it Ipads, TV's, whatever.

And people who hate on those are funny too. There isn't a limited supply of these things. People who really want their shit day one will basically run the show. If you don't want it enough to pay hilarious markups by scalpers or pre-order, then oh well.

I agree that gamers are really entitled but i dont think this is an example of their entitlement at all.

I'll call it consumerist entitlement then.

Recon

Banned

Buying and selling is equivalent to trying to pick up 16 year old chicks? You honestly believe this? Like, you posted that with a straight face? Not enough facepalm pics in the world for that...

Scalpers exist when market demand allows them too. If people weren't so desperate for day one shit they wouldn't even have people to sell shit at inflated prices to. The whole venture would not exist because it would not work.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I have so little sympathy for those without preorders. At one point I had 4 consoles preordered, they were mad easy to get. Even at physical locations.

Especially with Amazon's amazing policy of not charging you a dime until the thing ships.

Imm0rt4l

Buying and selling is equivalent to trying to pick up 16 year old chicks? You honestly believe this? Like, you posted that with a straight face? Not enough facepalm pics in the world for that...
Its legal. Your own moral compass dictates how you feel on the matter. You think those who prey on highschool kids are scummy. Some feel buying a shit ton of wii u's to sell for a phrofit is scummy. *shrugs.

I dont feel strongly one way or another in this case right now since supplies arent really limited. If i wanted a launch console i cpuld have had it.

Recon

Banned
Its legal. Your own moral compass dictates how you feel on the matter. You think those who prey on highschool kids are scummy. Some feel buying a shit ton of wii u's to sell for a phrophet is scummy. *shrugs.

I dont feel strongly one way or another in this case right now since supplies arent really limited. If i wanted a launch console i cpuld have had it.

Ah okay. Them both being legal are the only thing they have in common. Good to know. Glad you arent fucking insane and think they are the same thing.

Comparing scalpers to people who are practically sex offenders. I thought this shit was kept to gaming side.

Common sense is in short supply when talking about vidya games.

they're both perfectly legal. if you're okay with it, then more power to you!

Comparing scalpers to people who are practically sex offenders. I thought this shit was kept to gaming side.
practically what? sixteen is legal in GA, i could go out and grab a hot junior tomorrow! take her to Checkers and whatnot...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I feel like Faceless metaphor is spot on but man it really doesn't matter all that much. Be cool, Recon. No need to catch feelings over a marked up PC in a plastic coating.

Recon

Banned
they're both perfectly legal. if you're okay with it, then more power to you!

practically what? sixteen is legal in GA, i could go out and grab a hot junior tomorrow! take her to Checkers and whatnot...

Trying to pick up 16 year olds because in a few states it's legal, just because they are that young is probably gross to the vast majority of people. Claiming it is equivalent to the buying and selling of consumer electronics is gross. That or you place way too much importance on toys.
I feel like Faceless metaphor is spot on but man it really doesn't matter all that much. Be cool, Recon. No need to catch feelings over a marked up PC in a plastic coating.

Sure kid.

Trying to pick up 16 year olds because in a few states it's legal, just because they are that young is probably gross to the vast majority of people. Claiming it is equivalent to the buying and selling of consumer electronics is gross. That or you place way too much importance on toys.

or maybe you place too much importance on vaginas? i mean, it's not like a 16 year old is a complete idiot. they know what's up. hell, down here they're getting married and having babies in middle school...

akira28

Its legal. Your own moral compass dictates how you feel on the matter. You think those who prey on highschool kids are scummy. Some feel buying a shit ton of wii u's to sell for a phrofit is scummy. *shrugs.

some people have trouble seeing beyond the citizen consumer experience, but from a capitalism and business perspective, it's the scalpers making the smart moves, doing the same things that the system builders did, by playing the game, not just waiting for the single ticket they're entitled to. Like, do you wait in lines, believe in common courtesy, going the standard route like everyone else? Some people see honor in that. Others see it as being lazy or not willing to do what it takes to win.

Man, some of y'all hang with bangers and dealers but get more mad about people selling x-boxes, wiis, playstations and concert tickets.

Come on.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Not the grownups.
5gUrOTA.gif

Gorillaz

LOL, you watchin this shit? This stream is gold

I was rolling in the middle of my night class watching this shit, telling people that they should take notes and completely fucking up the stuff Sony customer support have been telling him

with the way streaming is being set up for next gen, this might be a hilarious gen

Imm0rt4l

some people have trouble seeing beyond the citizen consumer experience, but from a capitalism and business perspective, it's the scalpers making the smart moves, doing the same things that the system builders did, by playing the game, not just waiting for the single ticket they're entitled to. Like, do you wait in lines, believe in common courtesy, going the standard route like everyone else? Some people see honor in that. Others see it as being lazy or not willing to do what it takes to win.

Basically.

I mean you gotta respect some people on their hustle, but nobody wants to be hustled.

This kid streaming his flabby and sick PS4 has really been something. putting his address and name out on the stream and shit

Netflix needs to get with the times and add community so I can binge watch it like everyone else

dudes going to get turds mailed to him out the ass.

Gorillaz

Yea I think Skype name as well......and an hour ago people were talking about ordering 50 pizzas to his house. Cash up front payment

This kid...or Brandon according to his loud ass conversation with Sony is about to get some shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom