• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
Damn the new Zelda sounds promising.
After those dogshit windwaker sequels for DS I really hope this one is truly as good as they say.

I still hate the way it looks(even though it should look better on a smaller screen, in motion at 60fps), but it does sound very encouraging. The lack of gimmicky controls and no handholding is promising.

Trey

I still hate the way it looks(even though it should look better on a smaller screen, in motion at 60fps), but it does sound very encouraging. The lack of gimmicky controls and no handholding is promising.

This bit from the EDGE review, though:
Nintendo’s nervousness around punishment, for fear of putting off newcomers, continues to undermine ALBW’s attempts at novelty. Why scavenge for potion ingredients or upgrade weapons with Maiamai babies when the quest is perfectly suited to a base-level Link? Redundant ideas don’t spoil the journey, but they do cloud Nintendo’s true achievement: balancing a playerled adventure and building obstacles to satisfy an infinite variety of Links.

BHZ Mayor

I don't know if y'all are up on Three 6 Mafia, but this Mafia 6ix album...

You know how everyone talks about how they wish Naughty Dog would get Crash Bandicoot back and make a new one? This is like the rap version of that, except it actually happened. None of that "let's tease it for the 5 millionth time in a 2 Chainz video while B.G. is in jail" stuff like the Hot Boys reunion.

JohnDoe

Banned
Phantom Hourglass was good, though. Even though you had to keep going through that one temple. Spirit Tracks was the one that fell off.

Idk man, I played both and even though I consider myself a fan of the series, PH and ST were absolute garbage tier.

Moris, are you actually contemplating throwing down $60 for the exact same game? The exact same game that you already complained about before? You really gonna fall for the Malibu Stacy "but it's got a new hat" excuse with the PS4 version? You really gonna say "you know, 2k14 treated me bad, but this PS4 version is different" as you walk into Gamestop?

C'mon man.

Slayven

Moris, are you actually contemplating throwing down $60 for the exact same game? The exact same game that you already complained about before? You really gonna fall for the Malibu Stacy "but it's got a new hat" excuse with the PS4 version? You really gonna say "you know, 2k14 treated me bad, but this PS4 version is different" as you walk into Gamestop?

C'mon man.

When a brony calls you on your choices, you know you done fucked up.

JohnDoe

Banned
Calling it a "new game" is a stretch.

You kinda have to live with recycle stuff in the era of NFLs, FIFAs and CODs

I have to agree. I love the series but those two man....ugh. And it's not because it's a handheld either because Link's Awakening is one of my favorites.

Link's Awakening and Minish Cap are really good handheld Zeldas.

RedSwirl

Phantom Hourglass was good, though. Even though you had to keep going through that one temple. Spirit Tracks was the one that fell off.

Thank God I thought I was gonna "that nigga" who defended the DS Zelda games. Spirit Tracks still had better dungeon design.

Fuck Majora's Mask though.

I don't know if y'all are up on Three 6 Mafia, but this Mafia 6ix album...

You know how everyone talks about how they wish Naughty Dog would get Crash Bandicoot back and make a new one? This is like the rap version of that, except it actually happened. None of that "let's tease it for the 5 millionth time in a 2 Chainz video while B.G. is in jail" stuff like the Hot Boys reunion.

Three 6 Mafia is like, my main guilty pleasure in rap. I don't know if it's because my roots are around Memphis.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amazon has shipped my PS4. Someone talk me out of getting 2k14. pls.

I would try to talk you out of making financially reckless decisions, but considering you do that for a living, there really is no point.

Too soon?

Slayven

tumblr_m2lbfvHDkN1r324lio1_250.gif

C'mon man.

But those new hats visuals tho

This is what you are doing overtime for? To pay twice for the same game?

That's all I got.

but...

I would try to talk you out of making financially reckless decisions, but considering you do that for a living, there really is no point.

Too soon?

Besides Resogun, there's nothing that interests me and I'm gonna have a lot of free time to lead Sacramento to a chip again.

reilo

Next up on BCT, Dy asks whether he should go in raw on some stripper he just met.

You all ever get the impression that game characters that look like regular guys are hated on because they resemble real world "douchebags" that take girls from "nice guys?" It's easier to stomach a caricature of masculinity that you can never be than the focus of your sexual frustration.

reilo

You all ever get the impression that game characters that look like regular guys are hated on because they resemble real world "douchebags" that take girls from "nice guys?" It's easier to stomach a caricature of masculinity that you can never be than the focus of your sexual frustration.
You're talking about the damn beanie thread aren't you lol?

reilo

Haha, yep.
I think that's why the hardcore love their create-a-character features. They can make them in their image eventhough almost all create-a-character engines are trash.

But hey, at least Commander Shepherd doesn't have a beanie.

*starts video at 3:24*

I have no idea who this beautiful woman is but she looks like Rhianna. That looks she gives at 3:50 needs to be captured, captioned, and memed. Good Jesus SHE BAD.

you haven't seen BSG?

I think that's why the hardcore love their create-a-character features. They can make them in their image eventhough almost all create-a-character engines are trash.

another thing i like about Saint's Row... DAT create-a-character

RedSwirl

I seriously think this is at least part of the core of the widespread hate for Shinji. Sometimes he's like a mirror the director tries to point back at fans.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
eh not really a fan of his charter design and I think other games have pulled off that type of style better. tbh certain art style turn me off from some games regardless of content. but nah i'm lying cause a dude named Cole dressed like that took all my women and now I'm salty.

lordmrw

I was able to make a dude in the original Knights of the Old Republic that looked about 80% close to my likeness which was cool but it got creepy when Bastila would start giving me the "do me" eyes and want to talk every 5 minutes in the middle of the game.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I am glad companies come and say "Yeah you can change the design. What you got in your wallet?"
I really like cosmetic dlc as long as prices are reasonable.

also the new PlayStation app is really smooth.

Slayven

Any game with a create a character option, I play a chick. If I going to spend 100 hours looking at an ass, might as be a one I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom