• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is a case of reviewers misunderstanding the game or not getting the depth underneath its mechanics. Personally, as a big platformer fan, this shit looked generic as hell since day 1.

Resogun tho

Slayven

They'll blame the media before they accept the fact that these launch games for the Playstation 4 are hot trash. Resogun looks hot as fuck though.
All launchs after the ps1/n64 have been garbage, except for the Dreamcast.

I don't think this is a case of reviewers misunderstanding the game or not getting the depth underneath its mechanics. Personally, as a big platformer fan, this shit looked generic as hell since day 1.

Resogun tho
Knack look like something cerny worked on during his lunch break. It doesn't look like bad game, just one that didn't have full backing. Should have been the PS4 flagship PSN content at 19-25 bucks.

I'm about to get tore up in this audit, but at least I didn't make Knack.
You ever get cold in the shade?

Its kinda like 2005 where the best launch title was a digital-only arcade shooter. I put a lot more hours into Geometry Wars than I did Kameo, I'll tell you that much

FreeMufasa

Its kinda like 2005 where the best launch title was a digital-only arcade shooter. I put a lot more hours into Geometry Wars than I did Kameo, I'll tell you that much

I thought the 360 had one of the best launches.

Kameo
Condemned
Dead or alive 4
Call of duty 2
Project Gotham 3

And I know it ain't liked, but I do. Perfect dark zero. Plus a few other multiplats. At least for me, I was still playing launch games untill gears dropped.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Geometry Wars was fucking amazing. I put more hours in there than Oblivion, ended up switching back and forth when I would get fed up with either.

And now Bizarre Creations (studio that made it) is dead.

=(

BHZ Mayor

These are the same guys that pre-order a game, can't wait till like 12pm for the delivery and then go out and buy another copy at gamestop.

Not gonna lie. I did this for Marvel 3. It was some kind of issue with getting the special edition orders shipped from the Capcom site or something though.

This is what happens when you play graphics instead of games.

RedSwirl

It's like these people lose all goddamn memory as soon as a new box shows up. Every console ain't gonna have the Dreamcast's launch lineup.

harSon

Banned
Over the top scalper hate shows how large our entitled man-baby contingent is. I was mad when I couldn't get launch systems growing up, but then I went outside and got over it. I eventually got the system for a normal price, and the games were still available to be played.

I bet you can cross check most of the scalper hate and tie it to people that were up in arms about console/game DRM and not being able to do whatever the fuck you want with stuff you purchase/own.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
dTZcMXd.gif

I'm still hyped, Killzone multi is going to be fun and I can always just bite on battlefield push come to shove. Not looking forward to this Knack I had preordered though.

Gorillaz

It does have to hurt Zampella and West that there former studio is in shambles. I mean they got some settlement money from the case but seeing your old studio capsize like this is kind of rough

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
It does have to hurt Zampella and West that there former studio is in shambles. I mean they got some settlement money from the case but seeing your old studio capsize like this is kind of rough

I still have friends there. At this point, they must be on auto pilot and Activision calling all the shots.

PS4 launch systems failure thread is a fun read

Between that and the pretty decent-to-Knack tier launch line-up, you think you could just chill on picking one up until some time next year.

BHZ Mayor

I was expecting shit to happen but today has been fucking crazy.

Has it really? All I've seen is overreaction to an underwhelming launch (which we all knew it would be), and an issue (that's not even a big deal in the first place) that's literally non-existent after the patch is applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom